Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lived in England for 16 years on and off. In that time i was reminded almost everyday that I was Scottish and not in a good way. So I for one will be very insulted if you try and play that card again.

I think we agree,so i'm not sure what you're saying here.

Scots insult English.

Englsih insult Scots.

Sometimes fun,sometimes abit too much.

I wonder where you went or who you met to be 'insulted' nearly everday? :rolleyes:

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite sure of the point of the link Tryfield,but thanks, it's interesting and I didn't know Ian Hislop is Scottish to a greater or lesser extent.

The clip shows the Scottish regiment fighting for Britain in the madness of WWI.A bond that cannot denied or broken

Ian Hislop makes it clear he believes in the Union in the HIGNFY clip.

I liked the way he ridiculed Salmonds possible title if the nationalists get their way."King."

The audience of HIGNFY,although egged on by Winston is perhaps an example of how some English see "whinging Scots".

We do hear a lot of moaning from Scots down here.

I quoted the wrong post mate.

oops.

I wouldn't have an issue with it if there was any chance of riposte. We fund the BBC also, yet there's no political satire in Scotland, we can't even comment on BBC political news!

Scrapping the license fee could be a vote winner. It would certainly encourage those who have no interest in politics to place a vote.

I wouldn't have an issue with it if there was any chance of riposte. We fund the BBC also, yet there's no political satire in Scotland, we can't even comment on BBC political news!

Frankie Boyle.

Use your vote to leave the Union and try and persuade the Union majority to do the same,although they may just think you're another whining nationalist and not to be taken too seriously.

300 years of Union and some still don't get it. :rolleyes:

Scrapping the license fee could be a vote winner. It would certainly encourage those who have no interest in politics to place a vote.
True, although I wouldn't mind paying it if the beeb weren't total cretins.

Frankie Boyle.

Use your vote to leave the Union and try and persuade the Union majority to do the same,although they may just think you're another whining nationalist and not to be taken too seriously.

300 years of Union and some still don't get it. :rolleyes:

Frankie Boyle got banned from the BBC for making jokes about the Queen.

It's weird how the same people that defend the British monarchy are the same people who poke fun at Salmond by calling him King of Scotland.

Frankie Boyle got banned from the BBC for making jokes about the Queen.

It's weird how the same people that defend the British monarchy are the same people who poke fun at Salmond by calling him King of Scotland.

No,you still don't get it.

It's the Union that is being defended.

How long did Frankie get banned for,

I mean he's back on telly isn't he (i don't actually know)?

True, although I wouldn't mind paying it if the beeb weren't total cretins.

To tell the truth, I grudge paying the license fee. Their reporting is biased when it should be impartial, nowhere near neutral. Even worse than bias in noncoverage of anything they are against. They are also partly funded by the EU. Scrap the fee now.

The Better Together Twitter feed is the most depressing thing ever. Various Yes feeds provide interesting articles and commentaries, the No feed is just negative scaremongering full of half truths.

I also cannot get my head round young No activists, student politics is meant to be about over ambition and big changes not 'I don't think we can do this, let's just keep it the same'.

Question for the Unionists (and Ad Lib), when Ireland left the Union, what share of our national debt did they take?

Ad Lib is not a Unionist,i assume that's what you are implying.

As far as I can tell he wants the best for Scotland and that is probably independence using your own currency as soon as possible.

He isn't too scared to talk about the good,bad and ugly of it like some.

As for the Irish debt on leaving the Union,i do not know and I'm not sure if it's really comparable to Scotlands case.

I just paid my latest Telly license instalment.I resent it too,but I usually find something to watch and waste my life in relative harmless zombie state.

I'd rather throw the telly in the bin but my wife likes watching it and down here in Boro it's my mates telly so he pays the fee.

Question for the Unionists (and Ad Lib), when Ireland left the Union, what share of our national debt did they take?

We've discussed this before. Why do you think this is a new question?

The initial treaty provided for a proportionate share of national debt and other distribution of assets and liabilities not technically part of the national debt, but of the same essential character (the modern day equivalent might be things like PFI and the bank bailouts, which aren't always included in the national debt figure. It was arranged that there would be annual repayments to the UK Treasury in respect for which the Free State was liable. See the London Agreement.

For political reasons, including the circumstances arising from the Anglo-Irish trade war and Irish penury, large swathes of Irish liability in respect of the national debt was eventually waived (de facto).

I'd rather throw the telly in the bin but my wife likes watching it and down here in Boro it's my mates telly so he pays the fee.

I went a year or so without a telly.

Read 50 plus novels amongst other things.

Yep you have a point Tryfield,maybe I should get rid of mine.

We've discussed this before. Why do you think this is a new question?

The initial treaty provided for a proportionate share of national debt and other distribution of assets and liabilities not technically part of the national debt, but of the same essential character (the modern day equivalent might be things like PFI and the bank bailouts, which aren't always included in the national debt figure. It was arranged that there would be annual repayments to the UK Treasury in respect for which the Free State was liable. See the London Agreement.

For political reasons, including the circumstances arising from the Anglo-Irish trade war and Irish penury, large swathes of Irish liability in respect of the national debt was eventually waived.

That is an awfully long and roundabout way of saying "none". I'm increasingly coming round to the way of thinking that if the Lib Dems want to be the anti-Scottish government and play hardball, then we should call their bluff. If they don't want a currency Union on day one, and don't want to "let" us use the pound then fine. We don't want their debt. After all, its not like we would be a successor state, is it?

You can't afford a car, You're tele sharing, and you live in darkest most deprived North-East England. That union is working well for you.

Archived