Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

xbl is threatening repercussions when he doesn't get his way next year. That should be quite funny to watch after the initial handwringing from the nats about where it all went wrong dies away.

Yep,xbl has apparently bought literally into the "Brave Heart" thing,judging by some of his offensive comments.

Clearly anti English,anti british and anti what the majority of Scots still want.

^^^ P&B's very own Nostradamus. How's president Romney getting on?

Like I said. Its looking really close just now. And with all those convincing arguments the nationalists are bringing forth, it can only become an even more compelling case for independence. :lol:

Its not even going to be close, as we all know. 8)

Like I said. Its looking really close just now. And with all those convincing arguments the nationalists are bringing forth, it can only become an even more compelling case for independence. :lol:

Its not even going to be close, as we all know. 8)

I know fine well what it looks like now but you know as well as I do that anything could happen in 17 months.

You know what though, you might just be right for once.

Haha!

You think you lot have been a quiet member of the British family!

Buggered!

There will be to a greater or lesser extent somekind of hurt and resentment from some English if Scotland leave the Union.This is not scaremongering,it is the feeling I have detected in England.

Don't forget the English people who live in Scotland,they have a vote too (just for the record and yes I know some may vote to leave the Union).

Scotland and England will become officially foreign to each other and there will be consequences to this.That is not a threat,it is what will happen.

I never want to see any border between England,Scotland and Wales.

This is what Salmond and his nationalists want!

I am pro Scottish,pro Union and want the best for Great Britain.

Better Together.

edit.You say you've only noticed "future bad blood" predictions coming from "Unionists".

Well matey/Mrs,they are the majority of your fellow Scots.

Sigh. I never said we were quiet, I said Westminster would like us to be. Take what westminster "grants" us, any complaints and it's "whinging ungrateful jocks".

There is already a border between Scotland and England. We already do some things differently. See the rage from down south because the Scottish parliament chooses to spend on social policies like free prescriptions while Westminster doesn't. Yet that's us being subsidy junkies and freeloaders, not due to Westminster. You want these too? Lobby your MPs, don't blame us for looking after ourselves :D.

Westminster is working for South East England, not Scotland IMO. I want Scotland to look after itself. What you guys do down there, that's up to you, but I'd wish you all the best. :).

Yes, all the dire predictions about post independence relations are coming from Unionists. Obviously. Some for political reasons some, like you, purely out of spite at the thought of your egos being damaged by Scotland rejecting wesminster.

Chin up old chap, you'll be fine.

Local election,not national and certainly not a 'no going back' decision like the Scottish independence referendum.

Local bloke with a decent record against a non local with no particular record in this day and age of bullshit?

a bloke with a proven record in something that is very important to my life.

If I was to vote that's who I would go for.

I think you're making a big deal of nothing in particular here to promote your SNP twaddle.

Sigh. I never said we were quiet, I said Westminster would like us to be. Take what westminster "grants" us, any complaints and it's "whinging ungrateful jocks".

There is already a border between Scotland and England. We already do some things differently. See the rage from down south because the Scottish parliament chooses to spend on social policies like free prescriptions while Westminster doesn't. Yet that's us being subsidy junkies and freeloaders, not due to Westminster. You want these too? Lobby your MPs, don't blame us for looking after ourselves :D.

Westminster is working for South East England, not Scotland IMO. I want Scotland to look after itself. What you guys do down there, that's up to you, but I'd wish you all the best. :).

Yes, all the dire predictions about post independence relations are coming from Unionists. Obviously. Some for political reasons some, like you, purely out of spite at the thought of your egos being damaged by Scotland rejecting wesminster.

Chin up old chap, you'll be fine.

Westminster would like us all to be quiet.

There is not a 'border' between England and Scotland,not yet.

The majority of Scots like things as they are now.

I admire some of the social things that Scotland have and think them tiptop.

The majority of Scots still belive in Britain and the Union.

So,they are happy enough if some of their money goes to help eg ,a kiddies play area in the Valleys of South Wales' or a hospital in Falkirk.The majority of Scots are Unionists.

Are the majority of your fellow Scots apparentlty still going to vote for the Union out of spite and ego?

Local election,not national and certainly not a 'no going back' decision like the Scottish independence referendum.

Local bloke with a decent record against a non local with no particular record in this day and age of bullshit?

a bloke with a proven record in something that is very important to my life.

If I was to vote that's who I would go for.

I think you're making a big deal of nothing in particular here to promote your SNP twaddle.

We have two council representatives for each ward. If I was to say I'm not voting for one of the because she is English ( which she is) and not local I would be villified . There lies the difference, you work it out.

Haha!

You think you lot have been a quiet member of the British family!

Buggered!

There will be to a greater or lesser extent somekind of hurt and resentment from some English if Scotland leave the Union.This is not scaremongering,it is the feeling I have detected in England.

Don't forget the English people who live in Scotland,they have a vote too (just for the record and yes I know some may vote to leave the Union).

Scotland and England will become officially foreign to each other and there will be consequences to this.That is not a threat,it is what will happen.

I never want to see any border between England,Scotland and Wales.

This is what Salmond and his nationalists want!

I am pro Scottish,pro Union and want the best for Great Britain.

Better Together.

edit.You say you've only noticed "future bad blood" predictions coming from "Unionists".

Well matey/Mrs,they are the majority of your fellow Scots.

Again there is already a border.

Consequences of a yes vote are scots making decisions that benefit Scotland.

Do I care what the average English person thinks about it. No, the same as what Americans, French, Chinese, Australian or anyother nation you like to mention might think. I don't care.

We have two council representatives for each ward. If I was to say I'm not voting for one of the because she is English ( which she is) and not local I would be villified . There lies the difference, you work it out.

the issue is not that one candidate is from Scotland,it's that this person is not a local.

Got it?

In this day and age of corrupt police,church,politicians,bankers etc etc,you cannot blame people asking questions and possibly deciding on a 'better the devil you know' vote.

I've been in communication with the Labour candidate.She sounds a good girl to me (I even know what football team she supports),intelligent and if I may be so bold rather pretty to boot!

But,as I've said politicians of the past have not done the current crop any favours at all regarding credibility and trustworthiness.

The Labour Party have not impressed many Bristolians lately over their attitude to the new Major system and all that.

I bet Mhairi Threlfall is a very popular lady and she might get voted in,but if people go for the local boy in my opinion it is completely understandable.

Once more,it is not because she comes from Scotland.

Do I care what the average English person thinks about it. No, the same as what Americans, French, Chinese, Australian or anyother nation you like to mention might think. I don't care.

There is no border.

We are British.

Yep,forget the Yanks and others,it's your fellow Scots you have to hope vote the same way as you.

the issue is not that one candidate is from Scotland,it's that this person is not a local.

Got it?

In this day and age of corrupt police,church,politicians,bankers etc etc,you cannot blame people asking questions and possibly deciding on a 'better the devil you know' vote.

I've been in communication with the Labour candidate.She sounds a good girl to me (I even know what football team she supports),intelligent and if I may be so bold rather pretty to boot!

But,as I've said politicians of the past have not done the current crop any favours at all regarding credibility and trustworthiness.

The Labour Party have not impressed many Bristolians lately over their attitude to the new Major system and all that.

I bet Mhairi Threlfall is a very popular lady and she might get voted in,but if people go for the local boy in my opinion it is completely understandable.

Once more,it is not because she comes from Scotland.

Thats not what that leaflet says. You know the one that you said you agreed with. Stated that the candidate was from Scotland as a negative. If they wanted to make the point that she wasn't local say that. A positive is just to promote their candadate as a local.

For your information that is bigoted.

Thats not what that leaflet says. You know the one that you said you agreed with. Stated that the candidate was from Scotland as a negative. If they wanted to make the point that she wasn't local say that. A positive is just to promote their candadate as a local.

For your information that is bigoted.

You're reading too much into it. The reason Scotland is cited is just to mean "somewhere far away. Not here. Not local." Lib Dems make hay of local credentials all the time. See the Eastleigh by-election, for example. The campaign made a big deal out of the fact that the Tory candidate didn't even live in the constituency, and only stood in Eastleigh because she lost in the next county at the General Election.

You're reading too much into it. The reason Scotland is cited is just to mean "somewhere far away. Not here. Not local." Lib Dems make hay of local credentials all the time. See the Eastleigh by-election, for example. The campaign made a big deal out of the fact that the Tory candidate didn't even live in the constituency, and only stood in Eastleigh because she lost in the next county at the General Election.

i think the kindest thing anyone can say about the Lib Dems is that you certainly are a pragmatic bunch.

Do you think the MSM would have let the SNP away with such a show of " localism"?

More than 60% of people do not think SNP leader Alex Salmond and his party have made a convincing case for independence so far, according to a poll.

Better Together leader Alistair Darling said: “The SNP have no answers on basic questions like which currency we would use or who would pay for our pensions.

“Their case is falling apart day by day.”

There is no border.

We are British.

Yep,forget the Yanks and others,it's your fellow Scots you have to hope vote the same way as you.

What is it that is so good about the union?

All you gave offered is your own misinformed opinion about a mythical border in peoples head that will result in less trade.

What specific good things will be lost after independence? I'm talking about tangible things not perceptions about 'foreign countries'.

More than 60% of people do not think SNP leader Alex Salmond and his party have made a convincing case for independence so far, according to a poll.

Better Together leader Alistair Darling said: “The SNP have no answers on basic questions like which currency we would use or who would pay for our pensions.

“Their case is falling apart day by day.”

The case hasn't been made yet and hopefully will be in due course, the Better Together campaign were simply first out the blocks with their scaremongering.

Archived