Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Re the two comments above, I'm finding that even some of my mates who are/were of the particularly staunch unionist persuasion are opening up to independence more and more. They also think that some of the NO arguments are a joke. FFS even a Sevco supporter who goes to university south of the border was most definitely swaying towards yes the other day.

Obviously not everyone can/will be changed, but all we need is 50.1%. Regardless of what slavers like Reynard and H_B say on here, it will be close either way.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as of midnight Croatia has become the 28th member of the European Union. A country of population 4.4 million with GDP per capita around half of Scotland's.

What do Barroso and the European Commission think?

“Croatia’s accession to the European Union is a historic event, which returns the country to its rightful place at the heart of Europe. Another milestone in the construction of a united Europe. I look forward to Croatia’s contribution to the EU, which will be a success story – to the benefit of the Union, of the people of Croatia and of South East Europe as whole.”

And Unionists want us to believe that an independent Scotland wouldn't be welcomed. Laughable.

946136_473795239362434_1904586217_n.jpg

Re the two comments above, I'm finding that even some of my mates who are/were of the particularly staunch unionist persuasion are opening up to independence more and more. They also think that some of the NO arguments are a joke. FFS even a Sevco supporter who goes to university south of the border was most definitely swaying towards yes the other day.

Obviously not everyone can/will be changed, but all we need is 50.1%. Regardless of what slavers like Reynard and H_B say on here, it will be close either way.

50% + 1

Well, for what it's worth, I'm in the Yes camp (non-evangelical branch) now. Blame the Tories

Another formerly staunch unionist converted.

I said a month or two back that I felt the line was being held...now I think change is happening.

More nonsense from #ProjectFear.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-scots-face-uk-road-levy-1-2984130

So, let me get this straight. The UK Government are going to introduce a 1k levy on all HGV's to help pay for the damage they do to our roads.

What the Scotsman decides to report is that Scottish hauliers would have to pay 1k to use rUK roads if we become independent failing to point out that they'd have to pay the levy whether we become independent or not and the levy also applies to all HGV's using rUK roads...not just Scottish ones.

Are they trying to make themselves look stupid???

So this w/end we had mobile roaming charges and some loony from stranraer saying only scandinavians should have independent countries nobody else could manage

Do project fear class that as a succesful few days?

So this w/end we had mobile roaming charges and some loony from stranraer saying only scandinavians should have independent countries nobody else could manage

Do project fear class that as a succesful few days?

When even the Daily Telegraph are shuffling and sounding embarrassed by the whole thing, you know its been a shite week for them.

Was interesting listening to actor Brian Cox yesterday as he mentioned he was more of a Federalist than a Nationalist.

He said he was in the same camp as Lesley Riddoch who said in the absence of a Federalist/Devo Max option on the Referendum ballot she will choose to vote Yes.

I've said many times that it was an Unionist blunder not having that 3rd option on the ballot paper.

It's as if the Unionist strategy was have Yes/No only, make it look as if Salmond was beaten on not having a 3rd option, scare the public into voting No, job done, all brits together!

Now that the scare tactics are becoming joke tactics can the Unionists change? I personally don't believe they can. They have put all their eggs into Project Fear and that's why they will lose...

No one has ever said that it was, you tosser. It is about Scotland's interests not about London and SE England's interests and it is not about your so-called United Kingdom that greatly favours London and SE England over all other parts of the so-called United Kingdom. And i'm not sorry if that truth hurts your feelings silly boy. :)

For many Scots it's about Scotlands place in the UK.

If Salmond and Co can't change that,then you lose.

So as of midnight Croatia has become the 28th member of the European Union. A country of population 4.4 million with GDP per capita around half of Scotland's.

What do Barroso and the European Commission think?

“Croatia’s accession to the European Union is a historic event, which returns the country to its rightful place at the heart of Europe. Another milestone in the construction of a united Europe. I look forward to Croatia’s contribution to the EU, which will be a success story – to the benefit of the Union, of the people of Croatia and of South East Europe as whole.”

And Unionists want us to believe that an independent Scotland wouldn't be welcomed. Laughable.

946136_473795239362434_1904586217_n.jpg

Luckily most people realise the Nazi's of Croatia have nothing to do with Scotland and North Britain.

Was interesting listening to actor Brian Cox yesterday as he mentioned he was more of a Federalist than a Nationalist.

He said he was in the same camp as Lesley Riddoch who said in the absence of a Federalist/Devo Max option on the Referendum ballot she will choose to vote Yes.

I've said many times that it was an Unionist blunder not having that 3rd option on the ballot paper.

It's as if the Unionist strategy was have Yes/No only, make it look as if Salmond was beaten on not having a 3rd option, scare the public into voting No, job done, all brits together!

Now that the scare tactics are becoming joke tactics can the Unionists change? I personally don't believe they can. They have put all their eggs into Project Fear and that's why they will lose...

Pointing out a few points that will face an Independent Scotland may scare Salmond,but most people realise it's a good idea to talk about them.As the SNP/Independent supporters do not answer these points the 'tactic' is still a good one.

Better Together.

Spain have lost 50% of its EU support since 2007.

Many of em see Germany as a bully,crippling them to pay their debt back too quickly.

Not surprised Salmond and Co changed their minds going from the Euro as thee currency for Scotland to wanting to use the UK £.

Well we'll see how that goes inj the event of the vote going to leave the Union.

The EU,not a happy or healthy place to be. :)

Better Together.

For me, what has swung my opinion,and reinforces it every day,is when I see that smug b*****d Cameron,his pet monkey,Clegg and then I look at whos in opposition,Milliband ,a man that sounds like he's chewing on bubblewrap,do I really want that lot looking after our interests? NO It scares me to think that Milliband may be PM one day

so It's a big YES for me

Archived