Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must have been raging at Mandela during the Rugby world cup.

Not really. I wasn't raging at Salmond either. Not that the situations are in any way similar.

For clarity. You thing Salmond lacks class for bringing a flag to the tennis, yet you think it would have been more "Classy" for Alex to have said "Na, I'm not going to support Andy because I have to sit 1 row above David Cameron"

Are you a member of the Labour party per chance? :lol:

Oh my word, I think that sums up nationalists. Better to watch a free game of tennis and have ma wee flag in ma poacket than actually stand up and say "you know what, what I stand for is bigger than this". Someone mentioned Mandela in this thread not long ago, now he had principles for what he stood in when apartheid reined. Salmond's principles are centered around being on a nationalist daily tomorrow, not making a real difference.

What a leech.

You're losing me here. Of course you are but where have I said you can't?

Until now Murray has clearly identified himself as being British and mentioned it in his speech. I dare say in the days to come he will also comment on how good his victory may be for British tennis etc.

I'd be surprised if Salmond has the courtesy to acknowledge the British aspect and will say how good it is for everything Scottish (as one might expect from a Scottish first minister). I just think he would be well served (pardon the pun) to every now and again reign himself in and be comfortable with the fact that people like being British.

Given that Murray learned the game on the courts of Dunblane (Scotland) and Barcelona (Spain) Is coached by a Czech player I see absolutely no British aspect to his victory. Do you think Cameron should make a speech crediting the people of Spain and the Czech republic.

Andy Murray is Scottish, British and European, this is an absolute fact.

Out of interest what flag do you think (in his role as First minister of Scotland) Alex Salmond should have taken?

You don't need to be in a unionist or separatist camp to ridicule that tbh. Any politician would receive similar ridicule and abuse had they acted similar.

So has David Cameron or any unionist politician received "ridicule" for waving the union flag in support of a sportsman or any occasion?

Think hard before you answer.

Only politician I can remember doing it was Boris Johnson and he received massive amounts of abuse and people ridiculing him. He wasn't taking part in a most over exaggerated clap competition with another politician however.

^^^ backtracking

and please provide evidence of Boris "receiving massive amounts of abuse" for waving the union flag?

I only ask for this evidence, because simple I do believe you are talking shite.

Given that Murray learned the game on the courts of Dunblane (Scotland) and Barcelona (Spain) Is coached by a Czech player I see absolutely no British aspect to his victory. Do you think Cameron should make a speech crediting the people of Spain and the Czech republic.

Andy Murray is Scottish, British and European, this is an absolute fact.

Out of interest what flag do you think (in his role as First minister of Scotland) Alex Salmond should have taken?

Out of those 3 he calls himself British.

Oh my word, I think that sums up nationalists. Better to watch a free game of tennis and have ma wee flag in ma poacket than actually stand up and say "you know what, what I stand for is bigger than this". Someone mentioned Mandela in this thread not long ago, now he had principles for what he stood in when apartheid reined. Salmond's principles are centered around being on a nationalist daily tomorrow, not making a real difference.

What a leech.

What's this 'thing' you'd have liked Salmond to do, the thing you would have supported?

Fantastic job by the first minister today,to get all the cdu supporters riled up,im just waiting on reynards "fat buckled leftie" for a clean sweep

I think they probably feel he not only embarrassed himself but Scotland too.

There was something sad and embarrassing about his performance.

There was a lack of style and class.

Quite the achievement,when considering he made Cameron look statesman like.

Murray today becoming the first man born and raised in Scotland to win Wimbledon combined with the Scottish First Minister celebrating by displaying Scotland's national flag has certainly upset the Unionist bigots. :)

20-best-Wimbledon-moments-002.jpg

Archived