Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fucking hell you're an idiot, can't even admit he was wrong.

People might have mocked Boris for looking like an idiot, not waving a union flag.

You had nobody seething like the unionist over Salmond waving the saltire while supporting a Scotsman.

You can't even compare the situation, you've really made an arse of this :lol: but please continue.

Only seems to be one person seething here tbh. haha. People laughing at and ridiculing your hero really seems to have wound you up.

You will have to educate me about these other politicians waving flags who weren't ridiculed. Other than Boris, who was, for a number of reasons, I don't recall any.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, some people are laughing for the manner of his clapping. However, beyond those who are just laughing, and in far greater numbers, we have people calling him a c**t, w****r, p***k, etc, and these people are happily saying themselves this is because he was waving a Scottish flag. Now, can you provide some examples of politicians getting the same when waving a Union flag?

No, I can't, because other than Boris Johnson I can't recall any other politician waving a flag like that at a sporting event.

It's hilarious how offended people are over this.

So f**k, he brought out his and the winner of Wimbledon's national flag. It doesn't belong to the SNP, Salmond or equal Scottish independence. It's the flag of Scotland, and I seen plenty of Scotland flags, shirts, hats, rugby tops on tv today.

The British Nats are SEETHING. SEETHING!

Only seems to be one person seething here tbh. haha. People laughing at and ridiculing your hero really seems to have wound you up.

You will have to educate me about these other politicians waving flags who weren't ridiculed. Other than Boris, who was, for a number of reasons, I don't recall any.

:lol:

And yet again I'll repeat it since you're a bit of an idiot.

Boris didn't receive abuse (not on the scale Salmond receives) people laughter because he was stuck on a zip wire looking like an idiot, nothing to do with the union flag

Salmond is getting abuse from bitter unionists for waving the Saltire in support of a fellow Scot

Can't you not see the difference?

The only winner out of the flag thing is Salmond. Even if you think it was a stunt or was immature, that's a pile of free publicity right there for him. He has however managed to cross some boundaries as he's being defended by some 'No' folks and criticised by some 'Yes' supporters. I do think there would be outrage from other quarters if Cameron had pulled a similar stunt with a union flag, though.

Personally, I find it sad that such nonsense gets created from a flag. It's a fantastic achievement for Murray and I really hope this nonsense doesn't end up stealing his (deserved) limelight tomorrow.

It's far from the most professional thing Salmond's even done (and I think he knew fine well the reaction it would get), but in the grand scheme of things it's something that really shouldn't matter at all. It's poor that such a thing will no doubt end up being big news.

You don't need to be in a unionist or separatist camp to ridicule that tbh. Any politician would receive similar ridicule and abuse had they acted similar.

^^^ and yet can't name a single politician other than Salmond who has received abuse for simple waving the national flag

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the saltire was flown over Number 10 Downing Street all day. So essentially David Cameron and Alex Salmond are flying the same flag today, only difference being Cameron forgot his.

And yet again I'll repeat it since you're a bit of an idiot.

Boris didn't receive abuse (not on the scale Salmond receives) people laughter because he was stuck on a zip wire looking like an idiot, nothing to do with the union flag

Salmond is getting abuse from bitter unionists for waving the Saltire in support of a fellow Scot

Can't you not see the difference?

He's getting abuse off thousands of people, people not that interested in politics and people far from being 'bitter unionists.' I know the independence issue dominates your life, but not everyone is as obsessed with the issue as you. Politicians regularly receive abuse for a number of reasons, you don't have to be entrenched in unionist or separatist camps to ridicule a politician.

He's getting abuse off thousands of people, people not that interested in politics and people far from being 'bitter unionists.' I know the independence issue dominates your life, but not everyone is as obsessed with the issue as you. Politicians regularly receive abuse for a number of reasons, you don't have to be entrenched in unionist or separatist camps to ridicule a politician.

^^^ and yet can't name a single politician other than Salmond who has received abuse for simple waving the national flag

As I said, I don't recall any. Had Cameron got a Union Flag out he would have also received abuse. He didn't though.

He's getting 'abuse' from seething British nationalists: I'm sure Salmond's really concerned by this development as he was so loved by them before.

Just checked with the big man for his reaction.

pleasing.jpg

That's some really great backtracking you've done. Do love it when someone tried to change the subject as a method of deflection

So now it's went from any politician would received abuse for waving a national flag while cheering on a fellow countryman to they all receive regular abuse for a number of reason (none for the reason Salmond has received today I'd wager)

Still wont admit you've make a total arse of yourself?

It's hilarious how offended people are over this.

So f**k, he brought out his and the winner of Wimbledon's national flag. It doesn't belong to the SNP, Salmond or equal Scottish independence. It's the flag of Scotland, and I seen plenty of Scotland flags, shirts, hats, rugby tops on tv today.

The British Nats are SEETHING. SEETHING!

Aye!

1017363_10151793091885757_1514362944_n.j

The only winner out of the flag thing is Salmond. Even if you think it was a stunt or was immature, that's a pile of free publicity right there for him. He has however managed to cross some boundaries as he's being defended by some 'No' folks and criticised by some 'Yes' supporters. I do think there would be outrage from other quarters if Cameron had pulled a similar stunt with a union flag, though.

Personally, I find it sad that such nonsense gets created from a flag. It's a fantastic achievement for Murray and I really hope this nonsense doesn't end up stealing his (deserved) limelight tomorrow.

It's far from the most professional thing Salmond's even done (and I think he knew fine well the reaction it would get), but in the grand scheme of things it's something that really shouldn't matter at all. It's poor that such a thing will no doubt end up being big news.

Pretty much spot on Michael (sorry I've run out of greenies)

That's some really great backtracking you've done. Do love it when someone tried to change the subject as a method of deflection

So now it's went from any politician would received abuse for waving a national flag while cheering on a fellow countryman to they all receive regular abuse for a number of reason (none for the reason Salmond has received today I'd wager)

Still wont admit you've make a total arse of yourself?

There's no back tracking. I've been consistent all along. If you want to read more into what I've said and assume things whilst a commenting, then that's your problem.

No, I can't, because other than Boris Johnson I can't recall any other politician waving a flag like that at a sporting event.

So you have no evidence for your claim below.

Any politician would receive similar ridicule and abuse had they acted similar.

Glad we cleared that up.

There's no back tracking. I've been consistent all along. If you want to read more into what I've said and assume things whilst a commenting, then that's your problem.

Consistent in talking drivel: the gold standard of BitterTogether contribution on the thread.

Shall we open a book for when H_B will sidetrack the thread from BT's unfolding car crash, by 'demanding' answers about some meaningless legal drivel? I'm going for 0930 tomorrow.

This situation is a bit like when you're staying at home with your parents . When you eventually leave it's a bit of a culture shock and a wee bit hard for a while but if you were asked to move back in the reply would always be WOULD I f**k .

No I've not. If I did I would have said it had happened in the past. I don't recall a politician waving a flag and having what looked like a clapping competition with another politician. I would assume if it had happened in the past, or it was to happen in the future, they would receive similar ridicule.

Archived