Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So what did you mean by this?

What would you have liked Salmond to do ?

:1eye

If you have principles, you take the action needed. You don't just cosy up to the person you consider your biggest challenge ("enemy" may be too much) as you feel a PR opportunity.

Swap seats or walk away. Or maybe wee-minded Alex thought it would do him best to be sat by the most famous politician in the country?

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murray today becoming the first man born and raised in Scotland to win Wimbledon combined with the Scottish First Minister celebrating by displaying Scotland's national flag has certainly upset the Unionist bigots. :)

20-best-Wimbledon-moments-002.jpg

We enjoy Andy winning, we're upset you clowns think it's for Scotland and not Britain.

We enjoy Andy winning, we're upset you clowns think it's for Scotland and not Britain.

ESPN showed a clip of people in Dunblane celebrating under a banner that said 'Dunblane'. I was literally sobbing with fury that they thought it was 'for' Dunblane.

Given that Murray learned the game on the courts of Dunblane (Scotland) and Barcelona (Spain) Is coached by a Czech player I see absolutely no British aspect to his victory. Do you think Cameron should make a speech crediting the people of Spain and the Czech republic.

Andy Murray is Scottish, British and European, this is an absolute fact.

Out of interest what flag do you think (in his role as First minister of Scotland) Alex Salmond should have taken?

salmond should have taken a day off from campaigning and just went along and supported andy.

waving a flag about behind cameron's head during an independence referendum is always going to be loaded with meaning.

:1eye

If you have principles, you take the action needed. You don't just cosy up to the person you consider your biggest challenge ("enemy" may be too much) as you feel a PR opportunity.

Swap seats or walk away. Or maybe wee-minded Alex thought it would do him best to be sat by the most famous politician in the country?

So unlike everybody else, Alex should have chosen where to sit. Of course, if he'd done so he would have been accused of being petty and childish by every pea-brained Unionist like yourself. Do you actually read the pish you write?

salmond should have taken a day off from campaigning and just went along and supported andy.

waving a flag about behind cameron's head during an independence referendum is always going to be loaded with meaning.

He's proud to be Scottish?

How dare he

I quite like that our first minister brought along a flag like the vast majority of the crowd. I quite like that he's into Gambling on horse racing, golf, goes to football, a loves a curry and pint.

So unlike everybody else, Alex should have chosen where to sit. Of course, if he'd done so he would have been accused of being petty and childish by every pea-brained Unionist like yourself. Do you actually read the pish you write?

It's a free ticket. If you have any sort of negotiation skills, you can swap. If you have principles, you walk away (not sure if you realised but the game was on television if he was needing to see it :o )

He did neither.

If you win, that man will be your First Minister.

Frightening.

I quite like that our first minister brought along a flag like the vast majority of the crowd. I quite like that he's into Gambling on horse racing, golf, goes to football, a loves a curry and pint.

Salmond is an all round great guy. One of the only politicians that I trust.

It's a free ticket. If you have any sort of negotiation skills, you can swap. If you have principles, you walk away (not sure if you realised but the game was on television if he was needing to see it :o )

He did neither.

Frightening.

He's already our first minister.

He did neither.

Frightening.

Maybe he though it would be the only time he could get near Cameron, since Davie boy isn't interested in coming to Scotland to debate with Salmond.

He's make a great mate then. How's his macroeconomic management and his international diplomacy skills though? They're slightly important in being "furst munster" than being able to eat, drink and spend money (which are skills most people have)

Fair enough point Trussells but he's not an ordinary punter - he's the First Minister. Despite being a pretty solid supporter of Salmond I don't think that was a sensible move with the flag.

Archived