Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nationalists try to create divide over a British tennis player becoming the first Brit for 77 years to win Wimbledon. :1eye

Sorry,but England is vey happy Andy won,happy for Scotland and the UK.

I know this sense of fair play offends some of you,but that's just the way we are. :)

At last a British Wimbledon Champion!

He's proud to be Scottish?

How dare he

it's not that he's proud to be scottish or even having the flag, it's waving it 6 inches from the prime minister's head during a referendum campaign. it has taken a wee bit of the attention away from murray's win which is a shame and throws fuel onto the tedious scottish or british debate which surrounds murray.

normally i love how you always see saltire's when murray plays but today was about point scoring, not support (which is why it was only whipped out when the trophy was in the bag)

He's make a great mate then. How's his macroeconomic management and his international diplomacy skills though? They're slightly important in being "furst munster" than being able to eat, drink and spend money (which are skills most people have)

I don't know, he doesn't travel the world selling weapons to nations under a dictatorship

2411540.jpg?type=articleLandscape

Sorry if it offends,but the English are happy for andy and the UK.

Wimbledon,London,England.the best tennis tournament on earth and now we have a British Champion!

Try to forgive us for being h a p p y.

Fair enough point Trussells but he's not an ordinary punter - he's the First Minister. Despite being a pretty solid supporter of Salmond I don't think that was a sensible move with the flag.

Being non-conformist to Westminister is absolutely fine by me. These dinosaurs have had their day.

I remember Salmond half cut in St Etienne back in '98 mixing with the fans and the locals. Because you're smart (and he's by a mile the finest politician in the UK) doesn't mean you can't be a man of the people. I like that he goes on tam cowans show on the radio and getting involved with wind ups ( REV I M Jolly, Real Radio set ups)

it's not that he's proud to be scottish or even having the flag, it's waving it 6 inches from the prime minister's head during a referendum campaign. it has taken a wee bit of the attention away from murray's win which is a shame and throws fuel onto the tedious scottish or british debate which surrounds murray.

normally i love how you always see saltire's when murray plays but today was about point scoring, not support (which is why it was only whipped out when the trophy was in the bag)

Nothing wrong with that. it's not a sin to wave a Saltire, besides Cameron isn't involved with the referendum campaign, he doesn't really care about it, thats why Darling is left to run it for them and the only people who are taking the attention away from it are seething unionists.

He's make a great mate then. How's his macroeconomic management and his international diplomacy skills though? They're slightly important in being "furst munster" than being able to eat, drink and spend money (which are skills most people have)

Considering his background he must know his way around economics, certainly better than Ed Balls or Gideon. He also seems to do well when abroad and an independent Scotland would have many more friends than enemies.

Considering his background he must know his way around economics, certainly better than Ed Balls or Gideon. He also seems to do well when abroad and an independent Scotland would have many more friends than enemies.

Quite.

The increased foreign investment flowing towards Scotland are the fruits of Salmond's work.

Some have, but for a freeloading Nationalist to rock in to London and jolly up behind the Conservative PM....there's some "good PR" and then there's some "we'll abandon all our principles" type PR. And fatso falls in to the latter.

Did Cameron pay for his ticket then? Cameron went on about Britain and British on the radio, Salmond spoke about Murray and what he has been through and his achievements(no mention of Scotland or Scottish) are you still cringing?

Is there any chance we could get rid of this 'seethe' pish and get back to some sort of semblance of a debate? It really is becoming tedious now.

This is the best post of the past 20 or 30 pages.

I have enjoyed reading this thread but there are times when it goes "playground" and everyone just accuses their opponent of "seethe" rather than responding properly to each other's points.

Please, just pack it in.

Sorry if it offends,but the English are happy for andy and the UK.

Wimbledon,London,England.the best tennis tournament on earth and now we have a British Champion!

Try to forgive us for being h a p p y.

Nothing wrong with this Deegas and I can appreciate the emotional sentiment and pride this would give a UK unionist. Roll on a few weeks to Wembley where it's England v Scotland the oldest international fixture in the world. Cameron would have far more respect from me if you rolled up in his England top was caught singing Jerusalem, three lions, or at the very least declared his preference for a England win. However the spineless one won't.

Quite.

The increased foreign investment flowing towards Scotland are the fruits of Salmond's work.

The question on FDI is how many sustainable and high value jobs are created. Otherwise you're just a transient labour population. What I read in FDI reports is the latter (i.e. labour-intensive jobs). You may wish to check Irish economic history as a case study.

Archived