Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^^^ backtracking

and please provide evidence of Boris "receiving massive amounts of abuse" for waving the union flag?

I only ask for this evidence, because simple I do believe you are talking shite.

In what way is that possibly backtracking. And no, I'm not sad enough to search twitter back 11 months to find abuse aimed at Boris Johnson. He got stuck on a zip wire with two union flags. Everyone was taking the piss.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being non-conformist to Westminister is absolutely fine by me. These dinosaurs have had their day.

I remember Salmond half cut in St Etienne back in '98 mixing with the fans and the locals. Because you're smart (and he's by a mile the finest politician in the UK) doesn't mean you can't be a man of the people. I like that he goes on tam cowans show on the radio and getting involved with wind ups ( REV I M Jolly, Real Radio set ups)

Again, I agree and I like that about him too - I just think there's a time and a place, and today wasn't it. World stage today, time to be Statesmanlike.

I don't think its a big deal though, and really doesn't change my opinion of him or the independence campaign. Like I mentioned earlier, he was clearly caught up in the moment (like the rest of us)!!

In what way is that possibly backtracking. And no, I'm not sad enough to search twitter back 11 months to find abuse aimed at Boris Johnson. He got stuck on a zip wire with two union flags. Everyone was taking the piss.

So people had been taking the piss for getting stuck on a zip wire? He wasn't getting abuse for waving a union flag.

You've clearly made an arse of yourself on this subject. I did tell you to think hard before you answered. should have taken my advice

Did Cameron pay for his ticket then? Cameron went on about Britain and British on the radio, Salmond spoke about Murray and what he has been through and his achievements(no mention of Scotland or Scottish) are you still cringing?

No, but let's face it he's one of the top 10-20 politicians in the world by fact of being UK PM. As much as you'd love the "he should move for Salmond" approach, it's never going to happen. For example. I doubt the Argentinian PM would have sat behind him no matter what.

I'd love to say I listened to the wireless but sadly I live in the 21st century.

Again I agree I like that about him too - I just think there's a time and a place, and today wasn't it. World stage today, time to be Statesmanlike.

I don't think its a big deal though, and really doesn't change my opinion of him or the independence campaign. Like I mentioned earlier, he was clearly caught up in the moment (like the rest of us)!!

Statesman

1. A man who is a leader in national or international affairs.

2. A male political leader regarded as a disinterested promoter of the public good.
:1eye

Nothing wrong with this Deegas and I can appreciate the emotional sentiment and pride this would give a UK unionist. Roll on a few weeks to Wembley where it's England v Scotland the oldest international fixture in the world. Cameron would have far more respect from me if you rolled up in his England top was caught singing Jerusalem, three lions, or at the very least declared his preference for a England win. However the spineless one won't.

The up coming international is abit of a 'funny one' Trussells,in that England really may have an eye on the WC qualification game.I don't think it's a lack of respect for the fixture,its just times have changed in football and qualification for Brazil if the goal.The English may get 'into it' nearer ko though,we'll see,but we could really do without collecting injuries.

As for Cameron,well he ain't no favourite of mine that's for sure.Can't say I care how he acts at an England or British game,i don't think hes the air punching type.Mayor Boris might get excited,maybe,but he ain't my cup of tea either (by the way,did you ever see his tackle against a German 11 in a charity Wembley gametis funny).

I can't think of any English/British politicians who really showed some fan like celebration or support.There maybe a few,just that I can't think of any right now. :unsure2:

Statesman

1. A man who is a leader in national or international affairs.

2. A male political leader regarded as a disinterested promoter of the public good.
:1eye

OK then I should've said a bit more Statesmanlike. I guess I want a bit of emotion but not flag-oot-the-pocket stuff. Its all a question of balance.

I don't have any fucking problem with the whole of Britain being proud of Murray and vice-versa, but why do unionists have to lose their shit over a Scottish flag? Bizarre.

It's also highly amusing trolling them. 8)

Its days like this that social media becomes horrific. People need to chill out and enjoy a historic day of tennis - both for Britain and for Scotland.

exactly.

the scottish or british debate is the height of tedium.

I honestly think people forget that even if Scotland, England and Wales were all independent nations, they would still be British, just in the same way that Norway, Sweden and Denmark are Scandinavian.

The difference is, Scotland, England and Wales are joined in a union for some weird reason, whilst Norway, Sweden and Denmark aren't. The latter group are all much more prosperous by almost every measure: why don't we follow their lead?

Mayor Boris might get excited,maybe,but he ain't my cup of tea either (by the way,did you ever see his tackle against a German 11 in a charity Wembley gametis funny).

I can't think of any English/British politicians who really showed some fan like celebration or support.There maybe a few,just that I can't think of any right now. :unsure2:

Boris is more popular among young Conservative voters than Cameron (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9960455/Boris-Johnson-as-Tory-leader-would-wipe-out-Labour-lead.html).

I honestly think people forget that even if Scotland, England and Wales were all independent nations, they would still be British, just in the same way that Norway, Sweden and Denmark are Scandinavian.

The difference is, Scotland, England and Wales are joined in a union for some weird reason, whilst Norway, Sweden and Denmark aren't. The latter group are all much more prosperous by almost every measure: why don't we follow their lead?

norway only became independent of sweden in 1905.

I don't have any fucking problem with the whole of Britain being proud of Murray and vice-versa, but why do unionists have to lose their shit over a Scottish flag? Bizarre.

It's also highly amusing trolling them. 8)

I think Salmonds decision to wave the Saltire was okay,he of course every right to do so.i think it's nice Scotland beat England to the Wimbledon title,i really think that's good for Scotland and i'm happy for ys,although again I would of liked it to of been an Englishman,but you know,i feel the British victory feeling because i'm English British.

I just think Salmond didn't pull it off very well.I thought he looked unconfident,unconvinced and embarrassed.He lacked style and class.The Saltire waving Scots in the crowd did it so much better and fair play to em!

I suppose it's where we are these days,some will wave the Saltire and others the Union flag.

Britian/UK still exists and therefore so does the Union and its flag/s.

We should perhaps try and not lose sight of the fact Andy won the Wimbledon title,he was brilliant and we're all happy for him and our country/ies.

:)

Archived