Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Incidentally out of the 400(ish) people on my facebook that to the best of my knowledge are eligible to vote next year only 4, yes 4, have "liked" any NO supporting page.

:lol:

That could be the most desperate thing I've read on this thread. And that includes xbl's yammerings.

Out of interest, how many of them have liked "Cancer is bad...click here if you want to end cancer" pages?

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

That could be the most desperate thing I've read on this thread. And that includes xbl's yammerings.

Out of interest, how many of them have liked "Cancer is bad...click here if you want to end cancer" pages?

1st point how is desperate? I'll happily provide a screenshot if you want? I made it pretty clear in my post it was all my opinion, I wasn't trying to portray what I was saying as irrefutable facts on the state of the voters in the referendum run up! I did say "I think it provides a snapshot of what I'm seeing", see opinion HB, not claiming facts.

Secondly I have no idea if they have liked any of those kinds of pages nor visit them so I don't see which of my friends have....

Have to agree with Lex, why would most no voters bother advertising their support for the Union online or on social media, only to be subjected to a deluge of abuse from, for want of a better phrase, the 'cyber nats'?

1st point how is desperate?

Using Facebook as a medium of proving, well, anything is utterly insane.

Though having said that, it could be Panelbase's next move, to become slightly more credible.

Have to agree with Lex, why would most no voters bother advertising their support for the Union online or on social media, only to be subjected to a deluge of abuse from, for want of a better phrase, the 'cyber nats'?

So apparently, out of all this silent majority every single one is scared to raise their head above parapet, declare their support for the union lest the marauding bands of evil cybernats get them?-

So apparently, out of all this silent majority every single one is scared to raise their head above parapet, declare their support for the union lest the marauding bands of evil cybernats get them?-

I think it's more a case of it being the more passionate types that are pro-secession. Why would you bother your arse to go online and support Better Together?

It's also one of the biggest myths of this thread. I've seen several posters say "that kind of post isn't going to convince anyone". Why they think posters are trying to convince anyone to vote "No" I have no idea.

By saying Celtic are going to win the SPL this season, I am not trying to convince anyone to believe this. Either they will, or they will not.

4) As the referendum is being run by the Scottish Government, I suspect that the results will be announced either by Holyrood region or by Holyrood seat. They won't be announced by street, as you appear to believe.

This will be interesting, actually. The AV referendum was broken down into Westminster constituencies. If they really wanted to, there's the ability to break it down into each individual polling district.

I "liked" both BT and the YES Scotland thing on FB. I havent bothered my arse to look at either actual website though. My mate is involved with Btter Together via the political job he does so I get sent all this bumph through from him about meetings and dishing out leaflets. f**k that!

I "liked" both BT and the YES Scotland thing on FB. I havent bothered my arse to look at either actual website though. My mate is involved with Btter Together via the political job he does so I get sent all this bumph through from him about meetings and dishing out leaflets. f**k that!

Dishing out leaflets for BT must be the ultimate in pointlessness. I've seen them a couple of times in Falkirk HS. It's a really half hearted effort from a half hearted crew.

How can you summon up the energy to campaign for an already won cause? And that's in summer when it's relatively warm.

Vote Celtic. We WILL win the league...

Dishing out leaflets for BT must be the ultimate in pointlessness. I've seen them a couple of times in Falkirk HS. It's a really half hearted effort from a half hearted crew.

How can you summon up the energy to campaign for an already won cause? And that's in summer when it's relatively warm.

Vote Celtic. We WILL win the league...

f**k off, I still think we're in with a shout :whistle

3) I ask again - what's your definition of postwar? I'm over 50 and grew up in the era of hippies & flower power - not in post-war austerity & rationing.

Surely your parents will have regaled you with stories about how shit powdered egg tasted :D Having just turned 50 myself, I wouldn't describe my self as 'post-war' either - but I grew up aware of how close I missed it

As predicted the usual Unionist crew are trying to make Panelbase polling results look a bit dodgy due to the fact they don't like the results :lol:

Just looking at the more "respected" polling organisations results leading up to the Holyrood election in 2011.

These results are the consituency polling for Labour from March 2011, literally weeks before polling day.

Actual Constituency result for Labour in 2011 election was 31%

TNS-BMRB - 44%

YouGov - 41%

As predicted the usual Unionist crew are trying to make Panelbase polling results look a bit dodgy due to the fact they don't like the results :lol:

Just looking at the more "respected" polling organisations results leading up to the Holyrood election in 2011.

These results are the consituency polling for Labour from March 2011, literally weeks before polling day.

TNS-BMRB - 44%

YouGov - 41%

What was the IPSOS-MORI polling data?

What was the IPSOS-MORI polling data?

They didn't do a poll in March.

They did release a poll on Feb 14th which had Labour on 36%. Previous one to that was a couple of months earlier in November 2010 when they had Labour on 41%

Why do you think older people are more likely to vote no?

Because they've been bombarded in the papers with bollocks about "You'll lose your pension!" (never mind that pensions are absolutely fucked in the UK), and they don't go on the internet where the truth of the matter can be found out.

They didn't do a poll in March.

They did release a poll on Feb 14th which had Labour on 36%. Previous one to that was a couple of months earlier in November 2010 when they had Labour on 41%

TNS-BMRB - 44%

YouGov - 41%

Mmm...

Let's look at this data in a bit more detail in amongst the beating off over Panelbase.

Constituency Vote :-

IPSOS-MORI 14th February

Lab 36% SNP 37%

TNS-BMRB 27th March

Lab 38% SNP 37%

You Gov 28th March

Lab 39% SNP 40%

Panelbase 14th April 2011

Lab 37% SNP 37%

So in February IPSOS_MORI had the SNP in the lead. The first Polling company to do so since May 2010

Panelbase were the only pollsters not to show an SNP lead in April polling.

If you want to look at who called it right first it was IPSOS-MORI.

Panelbase were the only pollsters not to show an SNP lead in April polling.

If you want to look at who called it right first it was IPSOS-MORI.

Standard margin of error in polling is 3%, so basically all those results are identical. Weird how Panelbase are suddenly the only pollsters who AREN'T credible now they've done a poll that isn't very favourable to the No side.

Archived