Destiny

HEED

The most expensive game in history is a first peson shooter which is console only.

FPS + console only = cash cow with no real effort to make a decent game.

butthurt pc user detected. Whilst it's not exactly ground-breaking I am enjoying it a lot more than halo and if you go over to the bungie forums the vast majority are happy with the game.

My major complaint about the game is the awful,awful matchmaking. For a game that must have so many people looking for a game it can take a couple of minutes to find one and then either puts you with an abysmal team or against an abysmal team. I've just finished a match that was about 3 minutes from the end where I had 2500 points and the other 2 teammates had 350 each. They both left and the game seemed quite content to let me finish the game 3 vs 1

The game before I actually had to message someone to help us with the objectives and it made such a difference. I suppose that's what happens when a game gets the fallout from the call of doody tdm morons.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

butthurt pc user detected. Whilst it's not exactly ground-breaking I am enjoying it a lot more than halo and if you go over to the bungie forums the vast majority are happy with the game.

My major complaint about the game is the awful,awful matchmaking. For a game that must have so many people looking for a game it can take a couple of minutes to find one and then either puts you with an abysmal team or against an abysmal team. I've just finished a match that was about 3 minutes from the end where I had 2500 points and the other 2 teammates had 350 each. They both left and the game seemed quite content to let me finish the game 3 vs 1

The game before I actually had to message someone to help us with the objectives and it made such a difference. I suppose that's what happens when a game gets the fallout from the call of doody tdm morons.

Butthurt PC user? :D

I think I might just survive the psychological fallout.

Like it or not, consoles just aren't as good for FPS games.

Maybe I played too much game dev tycoon but spending half a billion quid on a game that isn't even suited to the system seems kinda dumb.

My over-riding impression is, that as a single person shooter, it isn't much cop. I played it co-op with a mate for a couple of nights and had much more fun. The rpg elements of character and weapon upgrading seem to have potential.

I reckon this is a game that will evolve over time, and become a cult online hit.

I stand to be corrected.

I was playing with a few mates and found myself saying "watch out for the badass round the corner" etc without even thinking about it.

Not a bad thing though. I am enjoying it but seen some stuff online where it's been finished in 16 hours (story missions only). That's a bit poor tbh.

What i will say though, although it's stunning, it's nowhere near as charming, enjoyable or indeed, absorbing as borderlands

I have to admit I'm finding it a bit soulless and repetitive but perhaps that's because I've been playing it solo. Surprised at Bungie as there doesn't appear to be a great deal of story going on. Just finished the Moon and I'm level 12. We'll see what Venus brings...

Completed it today, while the game looks and plays well, the game has no substance whatsoever. The end boss is such a boring disappointment. The ending of the game was awful. As usual another game that didn't live up to the hype. Trading it in tomorrow.

was thinking of buying this game. But that review has killed that thought may pick it up later when it's cheaper

was thinking of buying this game. But that review has killed that thought may pick it up later when it's cheaper

If you're into multiplayer, I'd say you should give it a bash, as it's pretty good.

As I say, I've really enjoyed it on a visual spectacle....it's utterly stunning. But I was expecting something much more fleshed out as a single player experience, it feels like it's running at about 30% of it's true potential. Had it been a game which stood on it's own and came from relative obscurity, this would have been getting 8s and 9s all over the place and would have been one of the defining early games of this generation of consoles. But when it comes with so much hype and expectation attached, it has a completely new set of targets to achieve.

Destiny is the gaming equivalent of Avatar. Massive expectations and promise, a huge budget, a box office smash and aesthetically very pleasing, but once you see through that you feel like it's just a rehash of a load of other things you've seen before, only prettier.

There WILL be a game which revolutionises the entire industry again, something completely new and groundbreaking. Unfortunately, despite the hype, this isn't it.

I've had great fun with it. The missions ive played so far has been fun and challenging, also enjoying the customation in the game.Been playing it with one friend who bought on the same day as me so we are trying to complete it together, feel like there is alot of potential for some fantastic DLCs aswell. Then again i tend to look on the positive side of things for games. I always feel like people get very negative when there is any hype involved in games. i.e watchdogs, battlefield 4 , assassins creed 4

I always feel like people get very negative when there is any hype involved in games. i.e watchdogs, battlefield 4 , assassins creed 4

what? People are negative about them because they are either broken, missing content or just shite. There are plenty of games which build hype and manage to deliver on their promises. That's not to say nobody is allowed to like them but when you're attracting a large amount of people by falsely selling an average game you deserve criticised.

I'm actually enjoying Destiny quite a lot but that's more down to who I'm playing it with. The lack of content is shocking, next to no story, not exactly a great variety of enemies or weapons and the missions are literally all the exact same. This is a game that sold 10m copies, do you think It's anywhere near deserving of that? I actually think think people are being fairly reasonable over this because the game mechanics are pretty fun . If this was COD it would be getting utterly destroyed.

The enemy Ai was pathetic. They would attack downed players orbs rather than live players. Try shooting players through several walls and generally side step around rather than actually do anything. The boss Ai in some battles were truly dreadful. The graphics were generally nice to look at, but lazy at times. Seeing enemies walk out of pitch black holes of the wall Aliens colonial marines style is not what I would expect in the most expensive game ever made.

There's a handful of people at work who play it, and are really enjoying it, so was going to pick it up to join them, but what's been said here is making me change my mind. With Last of Us still to complete, and FIFA coming out, I think I can busy myself with those instead for now.

Archived