Thatcher deid

It baffles me (Farage style) as to why some P&B posters seethed over US celebrations regarding Bin Laden's death, yet the same posters are delighted and openly celebrating that Thatcher croaked it.

Probably wanting to fit in and appear "edgy" I suppose.

Edited by yoda

It baffles me (Farage style) as to why some P&B posters seethed over US celebrations regarding Bin Laden's death, yet the same posters are delighted and openly celebrating that Thatcher croaked it.

Think back to the Philpott murders, he kills his 6 kids and people were concerned that he hould never get the death penalty as it is savage and makes you a nutter to believe in it, flick forward a week or so and the same posters are on here wanting to 2dig her up and piss on her grave."who'd be a politician eh. :1eye

Because they are very different things! Stop trying to be reactionary.

Edited by Cliche Guevara

Not particulalry bothered by Thatcher's death myself. She's been pretty much away with it for a coupe of decades has she not? I was more annoyed by the American celebrations because they were so fucking American about it. Wrestlers announcing that "Osama bin Laden was been caught and comprimised to a permanent end!" or rage-faced twats chanting "Yoooo-SA, Yoooo-SA!" in the streets.

Exactly, all the celebrations about her death are cringy more than anything else. There's an excellent article on the BBC today about just how relevant Thatcher was in getting to where we are today - the conclusion the article reaches is 'not very' and I have to agree. If folk think that without Thatcher we'd all still be down the mines and mass scale privatisation wouldnt have happened they'd be mistaken. We just have to look at our European neighbours that, even without Thatcher, they took exactly the same journey at Britain did, albeit at a different pace. Look at T Mobile, now EE, which was formed from Deutsche Telekom, the German BT. And the numerous national airline carriers. Disagreement with these things is disagreement with privatisation as a whole and not Thatcher herself, IMO.

Not particulalry bothered by Thatcher's death myself. She's been pretty much away with it for a coupe of decades has she not? I was more annoyed by the American celebrations because they were so fucking American about it. Wrestlers announcing that "Osama bin Laden was been caught and comprimised to a permanent end!" or rage-faced twats chanting "Yoooo-SA, Yoooo-SA!" in the streets.

I don't think I've known a celeb death like it where the actual act of her dying has been ignored and her legacy been pored over in a short space of time

BBC Scotland are really trying their hardest not to highlight this news. They have a shot Eagle higher on the page than the death of Maggie :lol:

hmm, I don't see why they should have covered it any more or less than any other BBC region? She was the UK prime minister after all

I would say that someone should check Reynards doorstep for milk bottles piling up, but that might be in poor taste, considering.

Why, do you think someone would snatch them?

I would say that someone should check Reynards doorstep for milk bottles piling up, but that might be in poor taste, considering.

I'm surprised that The Iron Lady spent so much time on P&B.

Exactly, all the celebrations about her death are cringy more than anything else. There's an excellent article on the BBC today about just how relevant Thatcher was in getting to where we are today - the conclusion the article reaches is 'not very' and I have to agree. If folk think that without Thatcher we'd all still be down the mines and mass scale privatisation wouldnt have happened they'd be mistaken. We just have to look at our European neighbours that, even without Thatcher, they took exactly the same journey at Britain did, albeit at a different pace. Look at T Mobile, now EE, which was formed from Deutsche Telekom, the German BT. And the numerous national airline carriers. Disagreement with these things is disagreement with privatisation as a whole and not Thatcher herself, IMO.

And yet look at Deutsche Bundesbahn (or SNCF for that matter.) Both state owned rail networks that have lower fares and better service than this state-subsidised private piss take we have now.

And the utilities which were sold off and fleecing us now? German, French, Spanish owned. Complete oligopoly.

Not all her privitisations were a raging success (and yes, it was Major carrying on Thatcherism that sold off the railways) but, for the record, the taxpayer subsidises the railways to a higher level than BR ever had.

And yet look at Deutsche Bundesbahn (or SNCF for that matter.) Both state owned rail networks that have lower fares and better service than this state-subsidised private piss take we have now.

And the utilities which were sold off and fleecing us now? German, French, Spanish owned. Complete oligopoly.

Not all her privitisations were a raging success (and yes, it was Major carrying on Thatcherism that sold off the railways) but, for the record, the taxpayer subsidises the railways to a higher level than BR ever had.

Privatising the railways was a complete and utter disaster, on a par with the Beeching Plan.

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Beeching_closures_in_Scotland

Edited by Jacksgranda