ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

• 2 weeks later...

The attendance will be less than last year. The card is possibly better but they've had a dreadful last 18 months or so.

I appreciate they want to give everyone their day under the lights but these shows always have too many multi-men matches on them.  

I considered going but a combo of having meetings on the Monday and finding death matches to be frankly disturbing made it an easy choice in the end. They need to abandon the ridiculous torture fests with Whiplash. No one cares about ECW or that nonsense any more, it was 20 years ago. I can see something ridiculous like someone getting stabbed in that match. People want a mixture of comedy, fun entrances and high spots.

I reckon there will be a some folk for who RVD and Rey are a big hook, but Nash is an abysmal choice. Too far out of his heyday for the casual fans (with not much in the way of exposure recently, unlike Foley) and generally regarded as a complete cock by the more clued up fans. Can't really do anything physically either. I'm pretty certain a week out from the show that he'll phone in any performance he does while getting paid double what the regular crew are getting.

18 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The attendance will be less than last year. The card is possibly better but they've had a dreadful last 18 months or so.

I appreciate they want to give everyone their day under the lights but these shows always have too many multi-men matches on them.  

I considered going but a combo of having meetings on the Monday and finding death matches to be frankly disturbing made it an easy choice in the end. They need to abandon the ridiculous torture fests with Whiplash. No one cares about ECW or that nonsense any more, it was 20 years ago. I can see something ridiculous like someone getting stabbed in that match. People want a mixture of comedy, fun entrances and high spots.

:lol:

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:10, Marshmallo said:

Huh? the hardcore matches are still very popular.

I was at Potterrow the other week and having the match break into the crowd and right at my feet was class.

They certainly beat just a standard 1v1 in ring match up!

Guest bernardblack
Plenty of people still watch deathmatch wrestling and respond to it. Hence why so many promotions continue to book it.

Correct. ROH have a Texas deathmatch en route I believe.

I'd prefer this show without the "big" names like Nash. Let the guys who are there every week get their moment.....arguably would sell more tickets