ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Why? It did exactly what was intended.

Because it's yet another "swerve for the sake of a swerve".Mainly played out over social media. Not quite sure what it was meant to achieve? make us think lionheart or lightning are dastardly heels? we are aware already. Make Girvan sympathetic? M'eh, as stated above no one even knows if he is heel or face.

Pretty much everyone knows Girvan is a face though. So that argument is bullshit. Plus, the job was to make Lionheart more of a p***k. Which is always the plan. Because that's his whole schtick.

Problem with it was that Girvan is quite bland, so nobody actually wanted him to win the belt. That was the big flaw in the plan. The idea itself wasn't bad.

23 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Pretty much everyone knows Girvan is a face though. So that argument is bullshit. Plus, the job was to make Lionheart more of a p***k. Which is always the plan. Because that's his whole schtick.

Problem with it was that Girvan is quite bland, so nobody actually wanted him to win the belt. That was the big flaw in the plan. The idea itself wasn't bad.

It's a pretty big fucking flaw though isn't it? 

Looking forward to the Hydro, despite not having been to a show for ages. I'm not really following it much just now but I am enjoying the build up that seems to be going on with Dallas' mob falling apart and the BL being cohesive. Looking forward to seeing the Dudleys and Kurt Angle in the flesh as well even if I've seen some wee geeky smarks on twitter and forums sneering at it.

Lewis Girvan is baws though, more personality in a tin of emulsion. He needs to chop that mingin tash as well.

7 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

Looking forward to the Hydro, despite not having been to a show for ages. I'm not really following it much just now but I am enjoying the build up that seems to be going on

Pretty much the same boat as me. I don't know if it's announcing the Hydro so far in advance but I almost got the impression this year that it didn't matter if I missed a show as the Hydro event will trump it all and close out all the storylines anyway. I went to the Square Go, Barramania and a show in London because I was passing through but that's it. From December 2014 to the SECC show in November 2015 I must've been to 10-12 shows - it felt like can't miss stuff at that time. 2016 for me they've been treading water for the Hydro event.

I see Davey is also a heel now.

Tbf I don't know what the outcome of it has been so won't slaughter it, but my initial reaction is wit?! 

I can see some changes to the face/heel group after F&L. I'd like to see Kid Fite get a run as a face, but not sure that'll happen given Sha has just been turned, but down the line I'd like to see it. 

I think we could see someone play the Kurt Angle mole type figure from within the BL who will turn during the match and give Team Dallas the win.

1 hour ago, Booker_d said:

Quite looking forward to Fear and Loathing but like others I haven't been watching as much the last few months.

Is Wolfgang and Trent Seven really going to be the main event? 

Doubt it. Has to be the tag match. Semi-main I'd guess.

So, the night before the hydro we get the awesome looking ricochet vs bt Gunn vs Kenny Williams... then at their biggest show ever it's still ricochet vs Girvan. Jesus wept. Whoever is booking just now needs to have a word with themselves!