The Gretna dream team Wadsworth & Irons show up at Celtic Nation

NE63 exile

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can Celtic Nation 'have a plan to be in the Football League in five years'?

It will take them five successive promotions, from the Northern League to League Two. That's not credible even in a computer game.

Maybe a plan to fool dimwits like McMenamince, but anyone who actually knows the English game realises that trying to get a tiny club that plays in a city already dominated by a decent League One side has next to no chance of achieving that goal, especially when millions will be required once the club reaches Conference North /Conference National (a very big ask for what is basically a Sunday league team, without Lynch's money).

very, very weird. In ten years time I think they will either have folded or be called Gilford Park again, playing a couple of leagues below where they are at present.

Well done to Gavin: he knows a shower of neer-do-wells when he sees them.

Presumably the five or so years he played for Brooks Mileson don't count.

All that's needed is some positive press coverage from unquestioning journalists and the gloryhunters will be arriving from miles around hoping to see hammerings dished out to all comers.

Presumably the five or so years he played for Brooks Mileson don't count.

I see the fat nonentity is trolling here looking for bites as per usual. The World Of Warcraft servers or GN must be quiet :whistle

I know a bus load of Celtic fans made the trip down to watch them during a free weekend for us

Yes, some of them have made up their mind because they play in a Celtic type strip they must be "supported" - forget that they're being run by people they'd scream blue murder if they were trying to buy their way into the real Celtic.

Archived