Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

Celtic will only sign players who they think they can horse to Championship level/basement Premier League level clubs for a 7 figure profit in 2 seasons time.

They aren't actually interested in building a squad of players for their own purposes. Celtic PLC are just a shop window for aspiring talent.

One of the reasons why they are a complete embarrassment in Europe and are toiling dreadfully in the SPL.

So that would take your first team squad up to about 45 players or so? Shouldn't Celtic be more than capable of winning this league without spending even more money in January?

Probably, but Deilas had 6 months to decide who wants to keep and who he wants to bring in, it would be a natural time to decide to change the squad. As I said we will most likely bring in more than we spend, dont see how thats 'buying' the title.

I'm not sure you'll get Guidetti.....doesn't he have offer offers supposedly?

Marseilles were allegedly sniffing about but word on the streets that was exaggarated/made up by his agent to try and hawk up his fee and wage

Man City have accepted a price of £3m and he is apparently keen if a suitable deal is put on the table. We shall see

Marseilles were allegedly sniffing about but word on the streets that was exaggarated/made up by his agent to try and hawk up his fee and wage

Man City have accepted a price of £3m and he is apparently keen if a suitable deal is put on the table. We shall see

Is he not already on a sizeable wage at City which Celtic are only paying a % at present?

Is he not already on a sizeable wage at City which Celtic are only paying a % at present?

He'll on a decent swedge id imagine but, bearing in mind he has been there since age of 16 and never played a competitive game for them he clearly wont be near the ludicrous salaries payed to the likes of Toure and Aguero etc.

As a stab in the dark id estimate no more than 20k a week given those factors

He'll on a decent swedge id imagine but, bearing in mind he has been there since age of 16 and never played a competitive game for them he clearly wont be near the ludicrous salaries payed to the likes of Toure and Aguero etc.

As a stab in the dark id estimate no more than 20k a week given those factors

I'm sure they re-signed him from some Dutch Club after he left on a free a few years back.

Players on 20k a week and still second in the league?

Impressive.

Is that your first 'celtic player budget' reference of 2015 or have you managed a few on other threads I havent read SF? Good to see you starting the new year the same as the last.....and the one before that......and the one before that....etc ....etc ;) Edited by bhoy who invented weetabix

Are you sure.....I was certain I read that they had to pay £1m to get him back.

If you're questioning me then you're questioning Wikipedia, and only a fool would do that.

So, in short, no i'm not sure but hadn;t heard of it being anything other than a loan.

It's a fair point though, a first team squad of over 40 players, someone on 20k a week and you're second in the league. There's talk of spending even more money to get even more players in to try and win a one horse race that you are somehow, incredibly, managing to make a c**t of.

Hopefully the Manager will be able to sort it out, he was left an incredible mess by lennon, some very bad players on a very large wage.

I hope all Victims FC supporters survived the horror of Hurricane Senga and the floods of tears and rain of biblical proportions yesterday. And their partners especially.

We've booked a snow machine to facilitate their next meltdown.

Edited by OTIG_FTOF

The Celtic first team squad is nowhere near 45 players. It's officially about 35 of which 10 or so of are youths who are first team players in name only, playing for the youth or development teams instead. Our squad isn't as big as being made out and there's a good number of players in it who are dross, hence the desire to strengthen in January particularly if we have any ambitions of going further in Europe. Should still be comfortably strong enough to win the league however stranger things have happened.

I'm going to take the 10 youth team players off and call it 25. Pretty small squad really, doing well to keep up with the pace.

The other teams probably only have 18 experienced players so 25 is still a big advantage.