Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

I take it Forrest is "a life long Celtic fan", whose "boyhood dreams came true" when he signed for his "childhood heroes" and trotted out at "Paradise for the first time to sample that unique atmosphere".

If not, he's certainly been brainwashed.

15 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I take it Forrest is "a life long Celtic fan", whose "boyhood dreams came true" when he signed for his "childhood heroes" and trotted out at "Paradise for the first time to sample that unique atmosphere".

If not, he's certainly been brainwashed.

Or maybe its just a blog written by some guy with the username James Forrest. 

Just now, Yossarian said:

Or maybe its just a blog written by some guy with the username James Forrest. 

Ooops! :lol:

Although if he's not a life long Celtic fan, he's certainly been brainwashed.

4 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

He sounds like a sad, angry p***k either way. 

I'm a Celtic fan an i think that blogger is indeed a sad, angry p***k.  His blog is on my newsnow feed so in the past I have clicked on some of his articles but now tend to avoid them because they are mostly filled with paranoid, angry nonsense.  

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

I'm a Celtic fan an i think that blogger is indeed a sad, angry p***k.  His blog is on my newsnow feed so in the past I have clicked on some of his articles but now tend to avoid them because they are mostly filled with paranoid, angry nonsense.  

Aye, its embarrassing,  almost vanguardbear-esque.

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Sounds like a typical Rangersmedia pile of shite about enemies twisting the knife when people are just enjoying a bit of schadenfreude when we taste our own medicine in Europe.

"It is also phenomenally ignorant and staggeringly counter-productive. How are we supposed to respond to this?"

I wonder if he realises how phenomenally ignorant he is being during his rant against Scottish football that he couldn't even get the name of the league correct in his headline.

I totally agree with that, the bigoted part especially. In my experience most people who don’t give a shit about it just ignore it and get on with their lives. The ones that are most offended by it are usually the most bigoted ones from the opposite side.

I had an argue ment recently on fb with a flute playing, marching, bigoted ex neighbour of mine who took great offence to a song some Celtic fans had sang. No one else seemed to care apart from the bigot, so I can relate to the point made by booker.

Considering oneself and those like one to be inherently superior human beings to those from some “other” group is a reprehensible sentiment

And if Old firm fans stopped all their nonsense it would be a sentiment I personally wouldn’t be forced into feeling so often.

Considering oneself and those like one to be inherently superior human beings to those from some “other” group is a reprehensible sentiment

And if Old firm fans stopped all their nonsense it would be a sentiment I personally wouldn’t be forced into feeling so often.

To be honest, that opinion says more about your own insecurities than it does about anyone else

To be honest, that opinion says more about your own insecurities than it does about anyone else

Well obviously

But it should remind you that causing offence isn’t the only negative impact such behaviour may have on others

Edinburghers are smug and arrogant enough without you reinforcing our collective superiority complex