Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

13 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

location not really noteworthy, singers of "IRA songs" make a decent £note from the Manchester area.

I'm meh about "IRA songs", usually the people deeply offended by them are ignorant or just bigoted. I just find them irrelevant to football and embarrassing when Celtic fans sing them to wind up fans of other teams.

Most of those provo songs that have been making a comeback recently though are fucking disgusting.

1.  We paid for a pint so we can be as offensive as we like.  2. If you dislike our vaunting of terrorism then you're the one with the problem.

That's us telt then.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

1.  We paid for a pint so we can be as offensive as we like.  2. If you dislike our vaunting of terrorism then you're the one with the problem.

That's us telt then.

you would make a good daily mail journalist

29 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You said that the people offended by IRA songs are, "ignorant or just bigoted" did you not?  Now explain how that fits me for a, "good daily mail journalist".

Take your time.

I said:

location not really noteworthy, singers of "IRA songs" make a decent £note from the Manchester area.

I'm meh about "IRA songs", usually the people deeply offended by them are ignorant or just bigoted. I just find them irrelevant to football and embarrassing when Celtic fans sing them to wind up fans of other teams.

Most of those provo songs that have been making a comeback recently though are fucking disgusting.

------------

At no point did i say that people who paid for a pint can say or do what they like or even anything remotely close to that.

Also, at no point have I vaunted terrorism.

1 minute ago, Booker-T said:

I said:

------------

At no point did i say that people who paid for a pint can say or do what they like or even anything remotely close to that.

Also, at no point have I vaunted terrorism.

You have to sweep under the carpet the delightful, "People offended by IRA songs are ignorant or bigoted".  How are you going to do that?

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

You have to sweep under the carpet the delightful, "People offended by IRA songs are ignorant or bigoted".  How are you going to do that?

full quote please:

--------

nothing swept under any carpet.

1 minute ago, Booker-T said:

full quote please:

--------

That doesn't get any better.  People offended by IRA songs are ignorant or bigoted.  How can you explain this yin away?

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

That doesn't get any better.  People offended by IRA songs are ignorant or bigoted.  How can you explain this yin away?

It's clear that you have either decided to ignore the full quote or you're drunk again. As such I refuse to debate you any further.

Just now, Booker-T said:

It's clear that you have either decided to ignore the full quote or you're drunk again. As such I refuse to debate you any further.

I read the full quote.  It is quite clear that the problems with IRA songs exists in the ears of the hearers according to you.  

I totally agree with that, the bigoted part especially. In my experience most people who don’t give a shit about it just ignore it and get on with their lives. The ones that are most offended by it are usually the most bigoted ones from the opposite side.

I had an argue ment recently on fb with a flute playing, marching, bigoted ex neighbour of mine who took great offence to a song some Celtic fans had sang. No one else seemed to care apart from the bigot, so I can relate to the point made by booker.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

I totally agree with that, the bigoted part especially. In my experience most people who don’t give a shit about it just ignore it and get on with their lives. The ones that are most offended by it are usually the most bigoted ones from the opposite side.

I had an argue ment recently on fb with a flute playing, marching, bigoted ex neighbour of mine who took great offence to a song some Celtic fans had sang. No one else seemed to care apart from the bigot, so I can relate to the point made by booker.

Sure you did Walter.

10 hours ago, Booker-T said:

Can't argue with that.

11 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Bollocks.

I don't belong to "the other side" by any measure.  Yet I find that kind of crap thoroughly offensive.

11 hours ago, Booker-T said:

You refuse to discuss it, because you're unable to defend what you said, but are reluctant to admit it.

Whether  you are quoted in full here or not, is utterly without relevance.

By most people do you mean cowards who enjoy supporting a big team and unwilling to acknowledge the fact there's a horrible element to both sets of supporters.

11 hours ago, Booker-T said:

full quote please:

--------

What about people who are just "offended"? Are they just slightly ignorant or just a wee bit bigoted?

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I read the full quote.  It is quite clear that the problems with IRA songs exists in the ears of the hearers according to you.  

That's exactly what he said.

Bollocks.
I don't belong to "the other side" by any measure.  Yet I find that kind of crap thoroughly offensive.

Why do you find it offensive? I'm genuinely interested in understanding your thoughts on it.

When you say bigotry, are you meaning actual bigoted OF fans who despise Catholics/ Protestants or are you just referring to fans signing Irish or English songs (which more than often are not actually bigoted songs).

I had never thought about it before Booker made his comment above but thinking about it now I think there is truth in what he says. The people that are most offended by it do tend to be bigot minded in themselves, hence why they take such offense. At least that's my experience from folk that I know.

Personally I have never once been offended by anything Rangers fans have sung or said, simply because I don't care about Ireland and England and their troubles. I am a Catholic but if someone hates me for being a Catholic I couldn't care less tbh