Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

4 hours ago, Yossarian said:

He sounds like a sad, angry p***k either way. 

He sounds like EveryCelt and I'd regard his views as entirely representative.

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

How can anybody be so, so incredibly raging? Especially the likes of your raselliks here. How?

I'm pretty sure you've made a fair few similar diatribes.

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Singing such stuff is offensive, chiefly because it's designed to be.

I'm very well aware of the complexity of Irish history and the parallel story of other murderous acts that can be told.  However, those indulging in the singing aren't interested in any of that.  They're merely glorifying tribal  violence in order to be anti-social.

I reject totally the idea that only those 'on the other side' can be troubled by such stuff.  I think a great many people with no stake in the OF nonsense find it completely unacceptable.  

I'm not clear on why you say "when you say bigotry" either, given that I didn't say it at all, but hey ho.

You are of course quite at liberty to be perfectly relaxed about anyone disliking you for being a Catholic.  I'm not though - especially when there are so many better reasons.

And like a torrent rush,

Rebellious Scots to crush,
Does this line offend you?

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Two wrongs doesn't make it right,you said it's designed that way, when the brits national anthem is out of date and xenophobic?

Bloody Hell.

You really are reduced to the most base form of whataboutery, as if I'm some defender of 'God Save the Queen'.  How ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bloody Hell.

You really are reduced to the most base form of whataboutery, as if I'm some defender of 'God Save the Queen'.  How ridiculous.

I asked if you are offended by that line you didn't answer,so i assume you think it's fine and dandy? just because it's designed that way 

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I asked if you are offended by that line you didn't answer,so i assume you think it's fine and dandy? just because it's designed that way 

Of course the line is offensive in itself.

It's the public airing that I described as designed to cause offence in the context being discussed.

Learn to punctuate.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's the public airing that I described as designed to cause offence in the context being discussed.

Learn to punctuate.

Only 3 posts to get an answer,public airing or just more acceptable or maybe a sense of duty?

Learn to punctuate.

Wait a minute. You didn't say "public airing" at any point, you said the songs were designed to offend and as such they offend you.

I see you went down the personal insult route as usual when you realise you've made an arse of it.

You're all over the place here

Wait a minute. You didn't say "public airing" at any point, you said the songs were designed to offend and as such they offend you.

I see you went down the personal insult route as usual when you realise you've made an arse of it.

You're all over the place here

Wha are you on about?

When have you heard those lyrics used in practice at any football match or any sporting event or anywhere else for that matter?

MT is referring to the songs that are sung virtually every other week (fair to say at OF away games).

What in your view is the purpose of singing these songs if not to offend? And do you believe the perpetrators are knowledgeable enough on the topics sung about to be trying to impart some historic/political wisdom on us all?

Wha are you on about?

When have you heard those lyrics used in practice at any football match or any sporting event or anywhere else for that matter?

MT is referring to the songs that are sung virtually every other week (fair to say at OF away games).

What in your view is the purpose of singing these songs if not to offend? And do you believe the perpetrators are knowledgeable enough on the topics sung about to be trying to impart some historic/political wisdom on us all?

To be honest I was just being a c**t and nit picking his choice of words as he did to me earlier today when he couldn't explain why the songs offend him.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bloody Hell.

Weren't you belting it out with No.8 down at Palmerston a few years ago?

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Wha are you on about?

Personally  i think it's just down to the mentality of individuals, everyone has a tolerance level these songs are always in bad taste.

3 minutes ago, mjw said:

Bennett white knighting the Celtic fans should be the end of this thread.
Two cheeks of the one are right enough.

The irony is that it was suggested on here that only those on 'the other side' object to the sectarian stuff; while in reality, they're the only ones defending it.

The irony is that it was suggested on here that only those on 'the other side' object to the sectarian stuff; while in reality, they're the only ones defending it.

What's funny is that no-one has said only those on the other side object to it and no-one is defending anything. It was suggested that those most offended by it are likely bigots themselves. Not like you to twist things to suit your own agenda though

19 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

What's funny is that no-one has said only those on the other side object to it and no-one is defending anything. It was suggested that those most offended by it are likely bigots themselves. Not like you to twist things to suit your own agenda though

Yeah, what am I like with that twisted agenda of mine, whereby I think it's not nice to sing in support of the IRA at an airport?