Rangers Season Tickets.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But we're watching Rangers, that little bit more is worth it.

Correct. I heard you played rather well this season and we spectacular against Peterhead and Annan in particular.

I've yet to see or hear anyone talking about not renewing season tickets, quite the opposite actually.

You're mixing with the wrong company (maybe club) then Benny.

Aren't you worried about your own clubs fans not turning up like they did this season? I predict your season ticket sales to be the worst for years.

Fair play, I say.

I expected a sizeable hike. I'm sure it is motivated by fear of a fall-off, but every club charges what they think will maximise income, so it's fair enough.

It'll be interesting to see if Celtic ST sales struggle, given how poor their gates have often been.

It's pretty hard to be churlish about this. I thoroughly disapprove at the current cost of attending Scottish Football matches, so any team freezing or lowering their prices can only be seen as a good thing IMHO.

The press releases from Ibrox are absolutely hilarious.

"price freeze"

"reward fans"

"unrivalled and unwavering commitment"

"unprecedented decision to slash"

"reinforced"

"affordability strategy"

"recognition of the fans"

"unquestionable loyalty and support."

Chicken feed for the gullable hordes.

Aye we played Well this season....and beat them 2:0 with ease.

The other SPL teams proved too much though, they got the job done.

We also won the league by 24 points, so I guess we must have played rather well in terms of the teams we were playing too.

Indeed you did and showed those pretenders to the throne that the Mighty Glasgow Rangers 2012 will never walk away. Anyway how did the end of the season go for you? Get into Europe?

Big teams like the Well will always from time to time fail to beat smaller clubs in the cup - that's what makes the cup competitions so special. Credit where it is due though - everyone loves a giant-killing so well done.

You're talking shit as usual. What was the predictions for season tickets last season again? The P&Bers are certainly terrible for their predictions.

These predictions were based on having a transfer embargo enforced, and having the prospect of watching school boys getting horsed 4-1 at home by the likes of Montrose. The liklihood is you'll get around 25k season tickets give or take 2-3 thousand.

Yes we do but this price freeze has came about quite possibly because the prices in division 3 were too high for the standard of play and maybe the same for division 2. However as the support will pay the price to follow the club what's the problem with yourself or anyone else not connected in any way to the club whether the fans pay out to support the team.

Amongst a sea of total shite, you manage to make a clear and reasonable statement on your pricing -well done to you Youngsy. I'd only sully your comments by asking: what do you think would have happened if Charles Green had still been there-a big rise, or no rise?

These predictions were based on having a transfer embargo enforced, and having the prospect of watching school boys getting horsed 4-1 at home by the likes of Montrose. The liklihood is you'll get around 25k season tickets give or take 2-3 thousand.

I'll hold you to that prediction. We'll sell the same amount as we did this season.

We'll sell the same amount as we did this season.

I suspect you might sell a similar number too, but I don't think anyone can be too sure and it'll be fascinating to see.

Last summer, relief and defiance played parts. This season, such sentiment might be getting a little stale, but it won't have vanished. There's also the lifting of the embargo to look ahead to, as well as the enduring prospect of being able to win most games and a league, with some ease.

With frozen prices, I think they'll probably once more shift plenty.

Amongst a sea of total shite, you manage to make a clear and reasonable statement on your pricing -well done to you Youngsy. I'd only sully your comments by asking: what do you think would have happened if Charles Green had still been there-a big rise, or no rise?

In my opinion i would say it was on the cards that there would be a rise on the STs. How much i'm not sure, perhaps 5%. Originally i would have thought that Green had it in mind for a 10% rise season on season as the club went through the divisions but after witnessing the level of football i don't think even he would look to justify such a hike, certainly not for next season,moving into the second tier though most definintely.

The embargo is up on September 1st, whether people agree or not as regards wages it's on the cards that McCoist will bring in a better quality player. Abetter quality player means we are more than likely to shift the full quota of STs.

I suspect you might sell a similar number too, but I don't think anyone can be too sure and it'll be fascinating to see.

Last summer, relief and defiance played parts. This season, such sentiment might be getting a little stale, but it won't have vanished. There's also the lifting of the embargo to look ahead to, as well as the enduring prospect of being able to win most games and a league, with some ease.

With frozen prices, I think they'll probably once more shift plenty.

How about fans just going to watch their team play out of love for that team or is that too strange a concept nowadays?

I do not expect us to do anything much in the cups, perhaps a Quarter final but its not that important.

Reaching the quarters of the Ramsden's Cup during two successive seasons would be quite an achievement, right enough.

I'm honestly surprised to hear you say the Cups aren't that important Ted. I'd have thought that given that the league should be won pretty comfortably, the Cups should have the potential to provide a little relative glamour and a chance to get it up the SPL.

A cynic might suggest that you're playing down the significance of games there's a big danger of losing.

Reaching the quarters of the Ramsden's Cup during two successive seasons would be quite an achievement, right enough.

I'm honestly surprised to hear you say the Cups aren't that important Ted. I'd have thought that given that the league should be won pretty comfortably, the Cups should have the potential to provide a little relative glamour and a chance to get it up the SPL.

A cynic might suggest that you're playing down the significance of games there's a big danger of losing.

With Ally in charge yer having a giraffe.

With a decent manager who knows what he's doing i'd expect some decent runs in all comps.

Archived