Rangers Season Tickets.

Sorry to break this to you Youngsy, but 'Ol Big Hands is still the majority shareholder and was also still present at your last board meeting, or didn't you hear?

Well aware about Greens' shareholding but the fact is he isn't at the club in any boardroom position and if we were following his business model i would think a season ticket hike would be initiated. After all that was part of his business model or didn't you get that part.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which leaves the question if you not following his model what one are you following?

I would doubt that it is Greens seeing as he advocated a huge hike on season tickets for next season which hasn't been initiated.

I would doubt that it is Greens seeing as he advocated a huge hike on season tickets for next season which hasn't been initiated.

I was always under the impression that Chuckie Cheese was merely the mouthpiece and was mostly doing the bidding of his backers (still undisclosed).

Im not convinced in the slightest that there is much difference between the previous model and the new one. A slight change of policy in the ticketing price structure doesnt suggest a wholesale change in thinking, further evidenced by the heavily rumoured signing of Daly, rather it appears to be an attempt to secure season ticket sales which are appear to be the only source of income at the moment.

An increased wage budget (assuming that last seasons signings are on incremental remuneration terms - along with bonuses for winning the 3rd) would neccessitate that this money is collected as soon as possible. With many previous season ticket holders suggesting they will buy individual tickets on the day then it would appear that the economics of this move make sense.

That's a good one, The Rangers fans didn't listen to Green......aye right, They bought 30 odd thousand season tickets on the back of his lies and propaganda . They took it in hook, line and sinker. No wonder they can't raise ticket prices, There would be outrage at any rise after broken promise after broken promise from the club (or holding company) snigger

That's a good one, The Rangers fans didn't listen to Green......aye right, They bought 30 odd thousand season tickets on the back of his lies and propaganda . They took it in hook, line and sinker. No wonder they can't raise ticket prices, There would be outrage at any rise after broken promise after broken promise from the club (or holding company) snigger

No the bought season tickets because they love their football club. Diddy fans wont understand though.

Exactly what did we buy our season tickets on the back of for the last thirty odd years or so? Rangers supporters that i know,and that's many,buy their season tickets irrespective of who is on the board. Where i come from we call that supporting our club. Through the good times and the bad times.

Did Sally not say, "he's a great guy and I like him" before they all delved in?

Exactly what did we buy our season tickets on the back of for the last thirty odd years or so? Rangers supporters that i know,and that's many,buy their season tickets irrespective of who is on the board. Where i come from we call that supporting our club. Through the good times and the bad times.

Even when you're feeding a cancer youngsy?

Cup runs are one thing, but then I was talking about winning them, the SPL teams apart from Celtic build teams for either finishing top six or avoiding the drop, going out of the cups at say the quarter final stage would not be seen as a failure, 1st or 2nd round exits would be seen as failure.

EH ? with the second largest wage budget in Scotland you'd expect the team to make the finals at minimum with that amount of money thrown into the squad irrespective of whatever league they play in :1eye .

If you expect us to believe that mounting a challenge with such a large wage budget only for the leagues then you don't have a clue Tedi ! any club in the SPL with your clubs wage budget would be expecting to mount a title challenge in the SPL to oust Celtic from the top of the table.

Even when you're feeding a cancer youngsy?

If you mean by financing the present regime i'll say this;it certainly doesn't sit well with me with everything that is happening inside the boardroom at the moment and i hate the idea of the type of people trying to get heavily involved in the club having any sort of power in the affairs of the club. However as a season ticket holder of many years i'm reluctant to give up my ticket but tbh i was seriously thinking along those lines but having been a supporter for so long i decided to renew.

I think as a general rule, fans should be more careful about diving into the purchase of season tickets at all.

It used to be that only a minority bothered, but changes in consumer behaviour have made it the done thing for supporters at all levels. I can understand the need if you follow a big English club or if you formerly followed one of the OF, in that it gave you priority for OF fixtures and European games.

For most fans however, there's little point, beyond making an early lump donation to your club.

I know that is the whole point to many, but I think it's a bit of a sucker's thing to do to be honest.

As a supporter, the right to withdraw custom is quite important, but we get ourselves locked into an annual arrangement that often isn't necessary and makes our relationship with our clubs a bit one-sided in their favour.

I'm not putting this very well, but I honestly feel that we shouldn't go hoovering up season tickets in the way we do these days. It's not necessary. Let them win us back, rather than rely on slavish devotion.

It'll be a few years yet till we mount any sort of challenges, just too much sh1te going on right now.

Income v outgoings seems to suggest the new club dont have "a few years".

Did Sally not say, "he's a great guy and I like him" before they all delved in?

Sally's a share holder so of course he'll do everything in his power to drum up ticket sales regardless of his own private thoughts.

How many season tickets will the fans buy if Walter chucks it because when Murray gets the bullet I think that's what will happen. One Rangers has already kicked the bucket, why should Rangers fans line the pockets of these chancers any longer ? Let the cancerous club die and the fuckers lose their cash and start up another club and if that doesn't work another club and if that doesn't work another club and.......ahhh fook it.

In short, If the Gers fans keep feeding the fox, The fox will keep coming back for more and you'll never be rid of the cunning buisness types who don't care for Rangers as much as they care for their bank accounts.....you have been warned :-)

How long will your club last though with these people using it as some sort of cash cow ? Many buisnessmen at clubs do it for the love of a club, not at Rangers though, bank accounts come first, Rangers come second and that's not good because when bank account isn't as healthy as it should be Rangers will be tossed aside without a thought (see Chuckles) and then what state will your club be in if you have a club at all.

Archived