The East Fife Thread

11 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Has Ross Brown been released by Airdrie. Wouldn't mind getting him back as a replacement for Millar.

Ross Brown was released & going by what he showed in few games he played you would be most welcome in taking him

Ross brown is like marmite at bayview, I personally didn’t think he was that great, but others seem to rate him highly.

Think it depended where he played, he was a young boy and played in front of Gary Naysmith, I'm sure Gary talked him through a lot of games, the same on the other side when he had to play in front of Scott Mercer and his role seemed clear, sit back and cover for Scott's runs up the park, it was when he was on his own in the middle, he looked a bit lost!!!
I fucking hate marmite, but I would have Rossco back!!!

Club looked at doing that but due to the composition of the soil, nearly all sand, it would have just broken up making transporting impossible.

Thanks Liam. Maybe thats why it was the best playing surface about .

I'd imagine the club will be waiting to see how season ticket sales go before making signings! I'd be very surprised if Duggan stays on, got a great return for a struggling side and will surely attract interest from a ft club. Got a feeling it's going to be a long close season but we will just have to hope Darren has some targets lined up and we don't get the dregs no other club wants.

13 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Our Squad.

Scott Linton - Staying

Johnny Page - Staying

Chris Kane - Staying

Mark Docherty - Staying

Pat Slattery - Staying

Kevin Smith - Staying

Kyle Wilson - ? Farmed out to Bonnyrigg

Ryan Inglis - ? Last herd was he was farmed out to West Calder Utd.

Conner McManus - ?

Craig Thomson - ? 

Chris Duggan - ? 

Aaron Dunsmore - ?

Craig Watson - ?

Left the club: Ryan Goodfellow, Mark Lamont, Kyle Wilkie, Ross Mutch, Robert Jones and Kieran Millar.

Returned to Parent Club: Adam Livingston, Matthew Knox, Ben MacKenzie and Scott Allardice.

Your players shown as staying might need amended soon.

Surprised to see Lamont going as i thought he was one of your better players against us. Take it hes hot and cold? would swap for a certain B Barr though.

Edited by RRFC2711

Surprised to see Lamont going as i thought he was one of your better players against us. Take it hes hot and cold? would swap for a certain B Barr though.

I think it's more to do with injuries the past two years. Think Young is of the opinion he'd rather spend his wage budget on players that are less likely to get injured.

To be fair, its a decent strategy

Yeah it's understandable. Cash is always tight at this level and as much as I liked Mark (and Wilkie who I believe was allowed to leave for the same reason?) we can't afford to carry players on the budget that are out for 25-50% of every season.

You want Jesus and in return we get Jesus (bobby barr) Christ feck off

Our Squad.
Scott Linton - Staying
Johnny Page - Staying
Chris Kane - Staying
Mark Docherty - Staying
Pat Slattery - Staying
Kevin Smith - Staying
Kyle Wilson - ? Farmed out to Bonnyrigg
Ryan Inglis - ? Last herd was he was farmed out to West Calder Utd.
Conner McManus - ?
Craig Thomson - ? 
Chris Duggan - ? 
Aaron Dunsmore - ?
Craig Watson - ?
Left the club: Ryan Goodfellow, Mark Lamont, Kyle Wilkie, Ross Mutch, Robert Jones and Kieran Millar.
Returned to Parent Club: Adam Livingston, Matthew Knox, Ben MacKenzie and Scott Allardice.

Pretty sure EF released Wilson and he signed permanently for Bonnyrigg a couple of months ago.

Disappointing news that Millar signed for Airdrie, thought he was very solid in the middle. Young has a big task on his hands this summer getting players in. Have my doubts that he’s up to it unfortunately...

4 hours ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Ross brown is like marmite at bayview, I personally didn’t think he was that great, but others seem to rate him highly.

I would agree and I personally didn't rate Ross Brown highly although you got a good shift out of him, he was not known for his defence splitting passes and his goal tally was very low.