The East Fife Thread

With Rovers remaining in League 1 for next season, suddenly   EF's income will have potentially increased by £40.000 to £50.000.Hopefully the BoD will release some of this increase to boost the player budget.

Easy to mock Rovers but I suggest that we also have problems closer to home.

The picture of Barry Smith above is when he was appointed Alloa's manager. Poetic justice??

56 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

With Rovers remaining in League 1 for next season, suddenly   EF's income will have potentially increased by £40.000 to £50.000.Hopefully the BoD will release some of this increase to boost the player budget.

The picture of Barry Smith above is when he was appointed Alloa's manager. Poetic justice??

I was thinking the same sammy,can the board not be a wee bit ambitious now and either keep duggan or bring in an experienced player/assistant manager

1 hour ago, sammytroot said:

Don't think any visiting support came close to matching our 600 fans in the first game at Stark's Park either. Wee bit of consolation that we are in SPFL1 next season for Raith...

8 minutes ago, Levenmouth Rover said:

And how many at the second game Steven?

Interesting (but wrong) attempt at my name. 

The answer is around 300 - on a midweek night when we had nothing left to play for. Without taking anything away from Alloa, that is more than they had today at a tenner an adult. That 600 could be more if we were in the hunt for promotion. Derby games work both ways...

Interesting (but wrong) attempt at my name. 
The answer is around 300 - on a midweek night when we had nothing left to play for. Without taking anything away from Alloa, that is more than they had today at a tenner an adult. That 600 could be more if we were in the hunt for promotion. Derby games work both ways...

Just as well we have crowds to argue over cause we’re both rubbish at football. You lot are obviously worse given we took all 12 points.

So, over the two games we took about 3000 to East Fife and you took about 1000 to Stark’s.

And you Rovers boys keep trying to say that this game means nothing to you as well, cute!!!

To be fair, the EF derby game does mean nothing to me. The 5-0 game (ouch) was my first visit to your new ground.

Staying in this league for another season is undoubtedly a disaster for Rovers but what can you do?

To be fair, the EF derby game does mean nothing to me. The 5-0 game (ouch) was my first visit to your new ground.

You keep trying to tell yourself that tiger, you're fooling nobody!!!

Raith are hurting after chucking everything at promotion and failing miserably! Their supporters including myself thought they would walk the league after signing Spence and Buchanan but Barry Smith has done brilliantly and fucking it all up! See you next season, hopefully you lot will be part time with Smith in charge. Pleasing ????

With it now confirmed that Raith will be visiting twice next season. Might increase the budget for player recruitment .Would be nice to see some early activity in that department .Could have a knock on effect of season ticket renewal.

8 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

I’ve been sayin that all along Jon,a bit forward thinking by the board of directors,I’m certainly holding off buying a season ticket for now

I don't get your logic pal.  By not buying your season ticket now and if others do likewise, that will surely have an impact on spending by the club.  Why would the club spend money they can ill afford, if they know there are fans like yourself they can't count on (and there are many going by posts on P&B and previously on AFTN)?  Get it into your head that a couple of games against the Rovers, is NOT a financial windfall!  The club needs supporters every week and the more season tickets sold the better.  You want them to spend money they don't have first and hope the likes of yourself "might" buy a season ticket.  Thought you were a supporter?