The East Fife Thread

Looking really solid at the back, and with Stevie Campbell and the young lad from st johnstone to come back we are well covered at the back. Midfield a hard working unit with5 or 6 options here. Still think we are one striker away from a complete squad. When injuries and suspension kicks in with only 3 strikers leaves us short. That was very evident today with Kev Smith suspended. Hope the board can push the boat out so Gary can get one more striker in. Maybe Gary has a loan signing lined up.

Looking really solid at the back, and with Stevie Campbell and the young lad from st johnstone to come back we are well covered at the back. Midfield a hard working unit with5 or 6 options here. Still think we are one striker away from a complete squad. When injuries and suspension kicks in with only 3 strikers leaves us short. That was very evident today with Kev Smith suspended. Hope the board can push the boat out so Gary can get one more striker in. Maybe Gary has a loan signing lined up.

Think your spot on, back 4 look solid, plenty options in midfield just maybe another striker to strengthen the squad, I know we have 3 forwards but hopefully a good loan signing would complete the squad for a competitive long season ahead.

Think your spot on, back 4 look solid, plenty options in midfield just maybe another striker to strengthen the squad, I know we have 3 forwards but hopefully a good loan signing would complete the squad for a competitive long season ahead.

I really think that Gary has assembled the basis of an excellent squad this season, but it really needs fleshed out, think this was shown yesterday on our subs bench, not counting the Couser the goalie, we only had three substitutes in the dugout, which therefore means Gary only has three possible tactical changes up his sleeve that can be made by utilising these substitutes, surely limiting his armoury???

Just look at the Dumbarton bench in comparison, not counting their sub-keeper the had SIX outfield players, double what Gary had, therefore potentially double the tactical changes their manager could have made!!!

My thoughts on this should by no means be taken as a criticism of Gary as I think he has assembled the basis of an excellent Team this season, the very fact we won yesterday, despite our Manager’s obvious disadvantage in terms of personnel, is testament to Gary’s tactical nous and his eye for a decent player but I really feel that unless he bulks out our squad, we are really going to suffer when the inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me anything about striker James Martin? He has signed for Whitburn Juniors.

He played in our pro-youths/under 20s a player wasn't giving a chance and played twice as a sub against Cowdenbeath in the league defeat and Celtic under 20s in pre-season a few years back and has ginger hair, can play in midfield or upfront his dad Colin used to be our youth coach with the club before his son was released and went to the paper about how the club treated James and moved to Livingston so he'll won't have to travel far if he's at Whitburn.

Lee Majors - Steve Austin - The Bionic Man.See what i did there?

Yeah, just proved that you're old enough to know if an Austin Minor was a type of car or not!!! ;)

Fans' Bid Restarts

View this email in your browser

Dear Fellow Supporter

We'd like to give you an update on what is happening re our attempt to buy the majority shareholding in the club.

Firstly can we assure you that all the contributions are still in a separate bank account and can we remind you that if you feel you'd like your contribution returned, simply email us at info@buyeastfife.org with your full contact details.

We have outlined some developments below but as is often the case we cannot go into a lot of details, either because we don't have the detail or because of the need for confidentiality. We hope you'll understand that this is as frustrating for the working group as it is for everyone else.

The Current Directors' Bid

We have been made aware that this has not been completed after nearly a year. Should their approach fail we have been informed there is a strong possibility that the seller would be willing to deal with us.

Community Share Company

We have been actively exploring setting up a Community Share Company as the best form of organisation to buy the majority shareholding. This would allow the wider community to join in and would help raise capital for the share purchase. It is a democratic set up with one vote per person irrespective of how much is invested and anyone buying shares only gets their money back and would not benefit individually from any increase in the value of the company. In addition the assets are locked to prevent future exploitation. We have been advised that changing the rules of the Supporters Trust may be the easiest way to create the new company and this is being explored.

Funding our Purchase

Please note that at this stage absolutely no discussion has yet taken place re the price of the shares

There are several possible approaches to funding our bid including:

1 To agree a deposit and installment process with the seller over an agreed period of time.

2 to fund it completely through selling shares in a Community Company and using the proceeds to buy the shares in the club.

3 to borrow the required amount from a community funder and thus buy the shares in one go. This would involve paying interest and fees. We have initiated discussion with a possible provider.

We are in the process of evaluating these approaches.

Our Business Plan

This is being rewritten to include a more detailed explanation of how the club (not the share purchase) would be financed and run in community ownership. We are having discussions with individuals who can provide support with the operational side of the club and generate additional income through a range of community and commercial activities. In addition we have spoken with some individuals who may be willing to place their business and commercial experience at our disposal.

When this is complete a detailed plan/brochure will be published.

The Legal Side

Recent changes in the law made by the Scottish Government mean that football clubs will be regarded as community assets and so could be made available for purchase by community groups. The technical details are yet to be decided over the next two years but the basic idea is that if the seller is willing to sell then community groups have the first option to buy at a price determined by an independent valuer.

While this does not change our immediate situation it does send an encouraging signal that the Scottish Government is committed to the idea of community ownership.

What Happens Next?

All the discussions mentioned above will continue. We are confident we will be able to put a bid and we are putting in place the elements we'll need to make it a success.

Thank you for your continuing support.

The EFFS Working Group

Allan Duthie; Laura Anderson; Stephen Mill; Eugene Clarke; Liam Anderson; Paul Munro; Colin McInnes; Kerriann Paterson

You can contact us at info@buyeastfife.org

Copyright © 2015 East Fife Supporters Society, All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email either because you opted in at the public meeting on 30 Aug 14 or because you have indicated an interest in East Fife Football Club.

Our mailing address is:

East Fife Supporters Society

Office 3

FRIC, Ajax Way

Methil, Fife KY8 3RS

Just seen on Twitter that Hibs St mirren Dundee and Ross county are looking to sign fash, hope we can keep him for this season or even get him on loan if he goes.

Whilst a very decent player he's only just coming onto his game and far too lightweight to step up 2 divisions.

A couple more seasons and another stone or two heavier and the boy just might make it.

Failure to take note of my advice would see him fade into oblivion and become another Steven Ferguson.

He needs to eat more fish suppers and sup pints of lager.

He needs to eat more fish suppers and sup pints of lager.

If that's a prerequisite to be a Professional Footballer Stevo, then you and I may make the Scotland Squad yet!!!

I was lying in bed last night and went on a little tangent. I will apologise in advance for the drizzle that I'm typing and how its all over the shop but thats my brain for you.

1) I was impressed by the atmosphere Motherwell created and mostly due to thier drum, I think the boys that sing for us do fantastic and I am a massive fan but wish fans would kick it up a notch and we could create a better atmosphere....most of the people around me are usually moaning about throwings or speaking about soaps or something boring.

1/2 I hope this is a big season for us and we are going places so would like our home crowd to play a big part.

2) I also thought I wonder who theese people are on this forum and if I sit next to them and I wonder if any of them even know me?

3) Randomly making East Fife songs to sing/chant and quite like the Gooners singing GIROUD to the tune of Hey Jude - Beatles

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

ROSS BROWN ????????

I only thought of this as usually I stroll around the house singing Johny Page or some other EFFC song stuck in my head.

Anyway thats my random thoughts, feel free to mock, sing, laugh, discuss anything that makes you happy, I just thought I check these forums several times per day for chat or ramblings so thought I'd add my 2 cents worth.

I was lying in bed last night and went on a little tangent. I will apologise in advance for the drizzle that I'm typing and how its all over the shop but thats my brain for you.

1) I was impressed by the atmosphere Motherwell created and mostly due to thier drum, I think the boys that sing for us do fantastic and I am a massive fan but wish fans would kick it up a notch and we could create a better atmosphere....most of the people around me are usually moaning about throwings or speaking about soaps or something boring.

1/2 I hope this is a big season for us and we are going places so would like our home crowd to play a big part.

2) I also thought I wonder who theese people are on this forum and if I sit next to them and I wonder if any of them even know me?

3) Randomly making East Fife songs to sing/chant and quite like the Gooners singing GIROUD to the tune of Hey Jude - Beatles

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

ROSS BROWN

I only thought of this as usually I stroll around the house singing Johny Page or some other EFFC song stuck in my head.

Anyway thats my random thoughts, feel free to mock, sing, laugh, discuss anything that makes you happy, I just thought I check these forums several times per day for chat or ramblings so thought I'd add my 2 cents worth.

haha you're not the only one mate, Queen's Park away should be good this Saturday for atmosphere, was good last time.