The East Fife Thread

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Put a 4 in front of Ricky's name and a 6 in front of O'Briens name and it could be mistaken for one of our team sheets next season

GTF day is next month; for now enjoy your league 2 squalor. 

2 hours ago, LiamA said:

Must admit I saw nothing in our 4 games against Brechin to suggest they could do that so fair play to them. 4 games against the Lino lickers next season, bring it on!!!!!!

I went to watch this game today. Raith were poor and were unorganized.So no surprise at result.Brechins goalkeeper was outstanding particularly in 1st half. I honestly think if we had qualified for the  play offs we would have won them but we didn't  so onto next season and 12 points from raith will help us along

With 2 guarateened sell outs might help increase Barrys budget for the season ahead hopefully get on the dance floor quickly and get the best that the wallet can afford .without showing off with a credit card . Dont leave it to late and end up picking the flower girls just to get a dance when the slow songs come on

14 hours ago, Hooper said:

will raith be looking at smith for manager

If they do they'll have to pay for the privilege, he's just signed a two year contract remember and I don't think Wraith are in any position to be chucking money about!!!

Now are we having a sweepy on when Stevofife gets out the horsey picture for any Rovers discussion, I for one look forward to its reappearance!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

If they do they'll have to pay for the privilege, he's just signed a two year contract remember and I don't think Wraith are in any position to be chucking money about!!!

Now are we having a sweepy on when Stevofife gets out the horsey picture for any Rovers discussion, I for one look forward to its reappearance!!!

Too late. He's already posted at least one in the Championship forum. :lol:

Edited by Gordon EF

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

This is what dreams are made off. Looking froward to locking horns with the lino lickers.

#topbantz:thumsup2

So has Duggan signed his contract offer yet or what???

Also can anyone confirm or deny that Ross Mutch is already under contract for next season???

Are we getting any money from Livi for Brown???

31 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

So has Duggan signed his contract offer yet or what???

Also can anyone confirm or deny that Ross Mutch is already under contract for next season???

Are we getting any money from Livi for Brown???

As he's signed a pre-contract agreement I assume he's out of contract in the summer?

The alternative might be for a development fee but from what I can see rule F24 reads:

In the event that a Player is Registered to another Club on or prior to his 23rd birthday, the Club to whom that Player was last Registered shall, subject to Rule F26, be entitled to payment of a Development Contribution for the youth development of that Player if he was, during all or, where it is the case, part, of any Development Contribution Year in his Development Contribution Period, Registered to or Associated with that Club.

Brown passed his 23rd birthday last June didn't he?

Personally I hate pre-contract agreements in all their forms; how can a player be expected to concentrate on delivering 100% if he's already effectively signed up for another team. Okay; in this case the season is effectively over but that's not been the case for most PCA's. Just seems like a sneaky way of trying to frig the system.

4 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Personally I hate pre-contract agreements in all their forms; how can a player be expected to concentrate on delivering 100% if he's already effectively signed up for another team. Okay; in this case the season is effectively over but that's not been the case for most PCA's. Just seems like a sneaky way of trying to frig the system.

This deal could have been done in January with him going into the last 6 months of his contract, would have been down to the player to keep his head right though and you'd imagine he'd still be out giving 100%, even if its only to impress his new manager.

Won't forget Callum Elliott though, announced signing for us when he still had the playoffs for Alloa, spoke on BBC Alba about being excited to play for the club, then signs for Raith instead because he wanted to play with better players. Made taking 9 points from them much better though :lol:

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

As he's signed a pre-contract agreement I assume he's out of contract in the summer?

The alternative might be for a development fee but from what I can see rule F24 reads:

In the event that a Player is Registered to another Club on or prior to his 23rd birthday, the Club to whom that Player was last Registered shall, subject to Rule F26, be entitled to payment of a Development Contribution for the youth development of that Player if he was, during all or, where it is the case, part, of any Development Contribution Year in his Development Contribution Period, Registered to or Associated with that Club.

Brown passed his 23rd birthday last June didn't he?

As was mentioned in an earlier post in the thread, we are referring to a "Development" fee!!!

Would have thought that the Club would be due some form of recompense!!!