The East Fife Thread

Good news. Getting the spine of the team signed up early can only bode well.

We can do without a massive overhaul of around 15 players.

Davidson is a bit like Slattery, someone who will never make the headlines but plays a key role in the team. By doing the donkey work in midfield it allows flair players like Agnew the space to do their work. I still feel we need another creative midfielder though.

47 minutes ago, BetFred said:

Is there a pub at the ground that fife will pack out on Saturday pre match?

See the Domestic Cup forum.

Would appear most of us are meeting up at Temple Bar:

Wear yer scarf!! :P

Temple Bar (The famous) 

The Brazen Head (The oldest) 

then over the bridge and up N1 to Dalymount taking a pub or two en-route

The Back Page (1/2 way there) / McGeoughs The Bohemian / The Hut (both next to ground)

Then into the ground for just after 1pm 

Excellent news on Brett and Ross signing on, Long's been fantastic between the sticks and Ross a bit like slattrey where he is a regular with form that goes un-noticed at times im very pleased with both tied to next summer...

Hopefully Watt, Kev, Dunsmore, Dunlop, Watson!!, Meggat and Agnew commits next which would be braw.

So far as it stands Anton, Bell, Slattery, Brett and Ross D the five into next season squad:thumsup2

Deadline day tomorrow hoping we squeeze in a adam Livingstone type wide player and attacking midfield by thursday midnight now with a keeper signed. ROLL ON saturday !!!!8)

According to the EFM we have a Premiership Loanee midfielder lined up to sign, definitely an area we need cover in now although I would expect to see Bell perhaps getting a start in the next few weeks what with Aggy being sidelined!!!

With the exception of Agnew & Meggatt this squad of players have been assembled on the cheap.
If you’d told any Fife fan 2 months ago that we’d be signing players from a relegated Albion Rovers, a player from an EoS team, a player who couldn’t get a game for a struggling Forfar team, a keeper who was unimpressive with Elgin, a distanced 3rd place League 2 Stenhousmuir Player & an untested raw reserve Raith player as 1st choice striker the Fife fans should’ve been furious but we’ve had comments of ‘excellent signings’ & ‘really happy with our transfer dealings’.
This squad may well gel & work great as a unit but the majority of signings finished below us in the League.
The players we retained I’d say Dunsmore Docherty & Linton are good enough, Watson & Kane are woeful with the ball at feet & are at best bench warmers.
Young’s tactics, formations & ability to eradicate errors will be well scrutinised this season.
Hopefully I’m wrong but I see a relegation assembled team here.

Bump!!!

Squad for Season 2019-20

Long
???, ???, ???, Slattery
???, Bell, Davidson, ???
???, Dowds

Just to say that this is the earliest I've ever done this and also the most names I've ever had on it!!![emoji23][emoji23]

31 minutes ago, 7 Eleven said:

You really do have your finger on the pulse when it comes to East Fife info. I’m not sure how you do it! :lol:

Ear to the ground, eye through the keyhole!!!

And I read the East Fife Mail today!!!;)