The East Fife Thread

31 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Good news about Church. I've no idea how good he'll be, and whether he will get Pat out of the team, but having a recognised left back as cover is good. I think the squad is pretty much done. Hoping Higgins can make everyone including me eat their words on last season. He's played at this level and above his entire career, he isn't suddenly a horrendous player. 

I was one of his many critics over the start of the season and the end of last however I'm starting to warm to him. I do still think Dunlop and Watson are a good looking pairing but Higgins has improved over the last few games. Won basically every challenge he went up for against Clyde 

50 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Good news about Church. I've no idea how good he'll be, and whether he will get Pat out of the team, but having a recognised left back as cover is good. I think the squad is pretty much done. Hoping Higgins can make everyone including me eat their words on last season. He's played at this level and above his entire career, he isn't suddenly a horrendous player. 

Higgins basically started and finished the Clyde game as he left off of the Hearts game, he strolled it!!!

Obviously not under anywhere near as much pressure as he was against Ikpeazu but like that match, he probably didn’t even need to get his kit laundered after, walk in the park for him and still finding the time to aim the ball at some gobby Clyde fans head in the stand, think he must be blossoming what with the lack of “why-is-Meggat-dropped/playing-left-back” seethe emanating from the stands that he had to endure last season!!!

eta

Dunlop was excellent as well btw!!!

Edited by King Kebab

21 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Higgins basically started and finished the Clyde game as he left off of the Hearts game, he strolled it!!!

Obviously not under anywhere near as much pressure as he was against Ikpeazu but like that match, he probably didn’t even need to get his kit laundered after, walk in the park for him and still finding the time to aim the ball at some gobby Clyde fans head in the stand, think he must be blossoming what with the lack of “why-is-Meggat-dropped/playing-left-back” seethe emanating from the stands that he had to endure last season!!!

eta

Dunlop was excellent as well btw!!!

Braw. In theory Dunlop and Higgins should be a great partnership. Left and right foot balance, Dunlops got the legs with Higgins years of experience of playing at a higher level next to him. Hopefully they can continue to improve (I'm still a bit in love with Janny though...) 

Let's not forget the gorgeous long ball out of defence Higgy played last week to Wallace that set us up with a 2 vs 1 against the Clyde left back, resulting in our goal.

Higgins has come back from pre-season 2 parts Fabio Canavarro, 1 part Andrea Pirlo.

Let's not forget the gorgeous long ball out of defence Higgy played last week to Wallace that set us up with a 2 vs 1 against the Clyde left back, resulting in our goal.
Higgins has come back from pre-season 2 parts Fabio Canavarro, 1 part Andrea Pirlo.

And 3 parts Jim McLaren!!![emoji6]

2 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

Higgins has been excellent in the past 4 games- not so good v Cowdenbeath.

Think that Slattery played the long ball to Wallace v Clyde.

Re-watched the highlights. So it was. Higgins won the challenge right before the ball came to Slattery.

Fair play to Pat, came away from the game thinking he'd had one of his poorer games for us but that ball was an absolute peach.

2 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Daniel Church signs for East Fife shockeroonie, never saw that coming! I think it’s all down to fan power on P&B, Darren had never heard of him before it was on here, brilliant!

When do you want us to start the Neymar rumours then, he’s still looking for a Club???

Higgins has been excellent in the past 4 games- not so good v Cowdenbeath.
Think that Slattery played the long ball to Wallace v Clyde.

Higgy didn’t play in the United game!!!

Hey Darren.

Theres this class guy called Gareth Bale whos not getting a game at Real Madrid, hes right into his golf so could tempt him to bayview with all the courses up the coast. [emoji115][emoji115][emoji115][emoji115][emoji115][emoji115][emoji115][emoji115][emoji115][emoji115][emoji115][emoji115]

Daniel Church signs for East Fife shockeroonie, never saw that coming! I think it’s all down to fan power on P&B, Darren had never heard of him before it was on here, brilliant!

On 21/06/2019 at 14:23, Big Fifer said:

I would just like to state once again for the record that Craig Watson is the most stunning individual I have ever witnessed. Thank you for listening.

3 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Braw. In theory Dunlop and Higgins should be a great partnership. Left and right foot balance, Dunlops got the legs with Higgins years of experience of playing at a higher level next to him. Hopefully they can continue to improve (I'm still a bit in love with Janny though...) 

74719BD6-E431-4C0D-8B00-B0CC971DD808.jpeg