The East Fife Thread

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

Liam/Laura will be able to confirm but I don't think we're using Pixellot, I've seen all the clubs using it posting out apologies for the shite service they provided tonight. The picture quality could definitely be better for us but I was very happy with the product.

Is it just the home clubs allowed to live stream these games? So we watch on Raith's equivalent on Saturday?

Keep checking the Raith website/social media for details this  week, although I'm certain we'll have PPV in place.*

Tariffs haven't been announced, but I'm sure it will be in line with other clubs charges.

*One thing I'm certain of, we'll be using our own HD camera stream for the games.

39 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Keep checking the Raith website/social media for details this  week, although I'm certain we'll have PPV in place.*

Tariffs haven't been announced, but I'm sure it will be in line with other clubs charges.

*One thing I'm certain of, we'll be using our own HD camera stream for the games.

Somebody mentioned £12 is the agreed 'default' for the Betfred group stages unless both clubs agree to change it.

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Somebody mentioned £12 is the agreed 'default' for the Betfred group stages unless both clubs agree to change it.

There is nothing as yet set according to the Rovers website (checked once again) so I couldn't tell yet.

A few points from previous posts;

We do not use Pixellot. The league 1 & 2 clubs that have installed that system have invested a five figure sum with fairly hefty ongoing annual fees. We felt that it wasn’t worth it & can produce as good a service ourselves. The club has already made substantial investment in the hardware & software we already have over the last couple of years. I’m sure all the teething problems that clubs are having with Pixellot will be sorted over the coming weeks but then so will our own issues / mistakes.

We have ‘spies’ watching our streams & reporting back to us live on any issues. As mentioned previously we were aware of initial issues last night but immediately rectified the high CPU usage that were causing these issues. The reports we received said that once that was sorted within the first 5 minutes the stream was good & constant with clear audio. Any issues out with that time frame were not from our end. The quality of what the viewers see is dependent on the quality of their internet as well as ours. 

The final final viewing figures for last night have still to be confirmed but suffice to say the numbers were down on the free trials with a good few emails  with Blue Brazil or Cowden names. You can take from that what you want.

On Saturday EFtv will only be live streaming to overseas fans as the streaming rights are with the home side. Please bear in mind that even the streaming fees for cup ties are split equally between the two sides so I would urge anyone wanting to watch the game to subscribe to Raithtv. I know that might stick in some people’s throats but it will help us financially too. 
Finally in response Sammy’s comments about contacting fans. Every season ticket holder is asked for an email address, some choose not to give one, some don’t have an email address. Every season ticket holder is notified via email of important information, the remaining ones are sent paper copies via the post. Those paper copies  contained the same info about EFtv but I would suggest that if someone doesn’t have an email address they are unlikely to use the internet to watch football as all services require that to allow registration. 

I have to say that I was more nervous about streaming last night than about the actual game & that will probably be the case at most games this season. We are committed to providing the best service that we can. The club will make no further money from ST holders for streaming league games (their investment is greatly appreciated) so will only generate income through non-ST holders subscribing in numbers. 

1 hour ago, LiamA said:

We do not use Pixellot. The league 1 & 2 clubs that have installed that system have invested a five figure sum with fairly hefty ongoing annual fees. We felt that it wasn’t worth it & can produce as good a service ourselves. The club has already made substantial investment in the hardware & software we already have over the last couple of years. I’m sure all the teething problems that clubs are having with Pixellot will be sorted over the coming weeks but then so will our own issues / mistakes.

We have ‘spies’ watching our streams & reporting back to us live on any issues. As mentioned previously we were aware of initial issues last night but immediately rectified the high CPU usage that were causing these issues. The reports we received said that once that was sorted within the first 5 minutes the stream was good & constant with clear audio. Any issues out with that time frame were not from our end. The quality of what the viewers see is dependent on the quality of their internet as well as ours. 

The final final viewing figures for last night have still to be confirmed but suffice to say the numbers were down on the free trials with a good few emails  with Blue Brazil or Cowden names. You can take from that what you want.

On Saturday EFtv will only be live streaming to overseas fans as the streaming rights are with the home side. Please bear in mind that even the streaming fees for cup ties are split equally between the two sides so I would urge anyone wanting to watch the game to subscribe to Raithtv. I know that might stick in some people’s throats but it will help us financially too. 
Finally in response Sammy’s comments about contacting fans. Every season ticket holder is asked for an email address, some choose not to give one, some don’t have an email address. Every season ticket holder is notified via email of important information, the remaining ones are sent paper copies via the post. Those paper copies  contained the same info about EFtv but I would suggest that if someone doesn’t have an email address they are unlikely to use the internet to watch football as all services require that to allow registration. 

I have to say that I was more nervous about streaming last night than about the actual game & that will probably be the case at most games this season. We are committed to providing the best service that we can. The club will make no further money from ST holders for streaming league games (their investment is greatly appreciated) so will only generate income through non-ST holders subscribing in numbers. 

The stuttering issues were resolved quickly last night and I had no issues for the rest of the stream, so any other issues folk have had will be down to their internet I'd imagine. It's a shame the numbers are down on the free trials but it's difficult to predict how many folk are willing to pay £10 for a stream. I felt the camera quality was much better than the Dunfermline game in terms of tracking the play, and really enjoyed seeing Gary at HT. Overall, a great product that I (personally) think is priced about right, so well done to all involved in making it happen as it must be a helluva stressful. 

On 06/10/2020 at 17:58, Big Fifer said:

Liam/Laura will be able to confirm but I don't think we're using Pixellot, I've seen all the clubs using it posting out apologies for the shite service they provided tonight. The picture quality could definitely be better for us but I was very happy with the product.

Is it just the home clubs allowed to live stream these games? So we watch on Raith's equivalent on Saturday?

Home clubs stream (domestically), teams split the revenue after expenses. International, EFTV can stream, I’m not clear if that gets split too, but I would assume so (after expenses).

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Home clubs stream (domestically), teams split the revenue after expenses. International, EFTV can stream, I’m not clear if that gets split too, but I would assume so (after expenses).

Is this the case for cup games only or will it be the same for  the league? 

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

Is this the case for cup games only or will it be the same for  the league? 

Cup games is what I understand. Arbroath were bitterly disappointed BBC Scotland is broadcasting their league match because of the loss of possible streaming revenue from all the Hearts fans.

On 07/10/2020 at 07:57, LiamA said:

Unfortunately EFtv will not be streaming for overseas viewers from Starks Park this Saturday. Raith have decided, as they are entitled to do, to deal with all streaming formats for this game. Please remember that the receipts from streaming are shared between the clubs so viewing on Raithtv will also benefit East Fife.

1 hour ago, LiamA said:

Unfortunately EFtv will not be streaming for overseas viewers from Starks Park this Saturday. Raith have decided, as they are entitled to do, to deal with all streaming formats for this game. Please remember that the receipts from streaming are shared between the clubs so viewing on Raithtv will also benefit East Fife.

RaithTV just concluded a test of the new HD broadcast equipment. Looks to be an excellent picture they'll be able to provide, but they also remind people that signing in a half hour or so before kickoff is recommened to avoid issues, and purchasing now makes it easier too. Plus you'll get to (politely) abuse us on the chat.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

RaithTV just concluded a test of the new HD broadcast equipment. Looks to be an excellent picture they'll be able to provide, but they also remind people that signing in a half hour or so before kickoff is recommened to avoid issues, and purchasing now makes it easier too. Plus you'll get to (politely) abuse us on the chat.

Like ourselves, Raith are in a good position in that they've been doing a really good quality streaming / filming service already. Really impressed with what I've seen of Raith TV so it's a no brainer for £9.99.

Already looking forward to that chat function.