The East Fife Thread

9 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

If the last three announcements aren’t Walls, Newton and Trouts, there may be a riot!!!

I got that feeling it be Trouten and Murdoch. Everyone else away.

One announcement left and still no Walls,  Newton or Trouten!!!

Going to be a lot of unhappy fans!!!

AE4AE503-81D2-4948-BC75-E9F37FE3B53E.thumb.jpeg.a86f8e0d49612feef2365543fcf9f7d1.jpeg

Does this line up look familiar to anyone???

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

AE4AE503-81D2-4948-BC75-E9F37FE3B53E.thumb.jpeg.a86f8e0d49612feef2365543fcf9f7d1.jpeg

Does this line up look familiar to anyone???

Hopefully we will be adding creativity further up the park and have more attacking options, but this is a solid base.

Edited by Beachcomber

Posted (edited)

Goalkeepers

Allan Fleming✔️
Reece Beveridge - RELEASED
Matty Rollo✔️

Defenders

Pat Slattery✔️
Jonathan Page - RELEASED
Stewart Murdoch✔️
Brian Easton✔️
Sean Docherty ✔️
Jacob Comerford - RELEASED
Charlie Murray✔️
Liam Newton - UNCONFIRMED
Reis Peggie✔️ - NEW SIGNING
Andy Munro✔️ - NEW SIGNING

Midfielders

Kieran Millar✔️
Jack Healy✔️
Connor McManus✔️
Brogan Walls - UNCONFIRMED
Gregor Nicol - UNCONFIRMED
Brendan Ramsay✔️
Callum Hambrook✔️

Forwards

Nathan Austin✔️
Scott Shepherd✔️
Alan Trouten✔️
Ryan Schiavone - UNCONFIRMED 

Edited by King Kebab

Posted (edited)

With nearly all of last season signed up it's a bit underwelming today was hoping for a few more new signings

Guessing that the extensions mean Dick has next to no budget avaliable for new players

Edited by Fifer4Life

If the unconfirmed players have in fact left then they, along with the three released players, leave seven spaces in the squad, we’ve filled two of those with Peggie and Munro, so hopefully five ballers incoming!!!

At the end of the season Dick said he was looking at only re-signing 5 or 6 of the current squad, he’s just signed 5 or 6 more than he wanted. Hopefully this isn’t a sign of Budget restraints on his plans and that these are the players he really wanted!!!

A few surprises there regarding who has been kept on and a couple of bigger surprises regarding who hasn’t, but if Walls and Newton have indeed gone then hopefully the compensation we will receive for them goes straight into the managers budget!!!

We have surprisingly re-signed the majority of the squad that shat the bed big time last season, but Dick and Pink must see something in them and must be hopeful of improving them, but these players have to prove to the fans that they are worth the new contract they disappointed so many of us last season!!!

90181FC8-0026-4944-8818-058BF41D0613.thumb.jpeg.38a8410d9a6dcba9fd7b99398e9ebbf3.jpeg

Looking at that last paragraph, it reads as if we are actively trying to re-sign ALL of last years squad, that would mean only one space on the roster and then presumably looking at a shitload of loanees!!!

From the outside looking in that's a whole load of mediocrity being kept on in Methil. The same old faces who have never threatened doing anything in this league.

Still early doors of course and quality will need to be added but I'm amazed Dick has kept on so many when he threatened the opposite.

4 minutes ago, Neilly said:

From the outside looking in that's a whole load of mediocrity being kept on in Methil. The same old faces who have never threatened doing anything in this league.

Still early doors of course and quality will need to be added but I'm amazed Dick has kept on so many when he threatened the opposite.

^^^ this

How many times did Dick say that he can’t wait to bring in better players and how many times did he call them out for not being good enough???

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

^^^ this

How many times did Dick say that he can’t wait to bring in better players and how many times did he call them out for not being good enough???

He did. He also said (when we were on our good run) that maybe only 4 changes were necessary.

IMO we have  strengthened the team with Munro for Page and Peggie for Newton. Hopefully we can add some more quality/creativity to midfield and attack, some of the "old regulars" will have  to fight for places.

Edited by Beachcomber

12 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

He did. He also said (when we were on our good run) that maybe only 4 changes were necessary.

IMO we have  strengthened the team with Munro for Page and Peggie for Newton. Hopefully we can add some more quality/creativity to midfield and attack, some of the "old regulars" will have  to fight for places.

But that’s the thing, the Club has said that they are still in discussions with the Four unaccounted players, if they re-sign them there will only be one place left in the squad for a new signing and we will then have to rely on the loan market, whenever that opens and the vagaries that brings!!!

16 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

But that’s the thing, the Club has said that they are still in discussions with the Four unaccounted players, if they re-sign them there will only be one place left in the squad for a new signing and we will then have to rely on the loan market, whenever that opens and the vagaries that brings!!!

I'm not convinced that we will be re-signing  all 4 of  Walls, Newton, Schiavone, Nicol.  Nicol  &  Schiavone couldn't get a game  even when Dick took over and we've just signed a replacement for Newton.

We do know 3 players have left but the club haven't officially announced that ye, i think at least 3 more will be  leaving.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

I'm not convinced that we will be re-signing  all 4 of  Walls, Newton, Schiavone, Nicol.  Nicol  &  Schiavone couldn't get a game  even when Dick took over and we've just signed a replacement for Newton.

We do know 3 players have left but the club haven't officially announced that ye, i think at least 3 more will be  leaving.

They haven’t announced it yet but two of the three have signed for other Clubs and the other is on the SFPA free agents list!!!

I agree I don’t think we will re-sign all four, but I would hope to retain Walls and Newton but if we don’t we will at least get some compensation for them, Schiavone and Nicol are surplus to requirements and wouldn’t be missed BUT that’s something we could have said about a couple of the guys who have been given contracts today!!!

But for everyone of those four who don’t re-sign that is a wage and a squad place available for Dick to bring someone new in!!!

Edited by King Kebab

4 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

They haven’t announced it yet but two of the three have signed for other Clubs and the other is on the SFPA free agents list!!!

I agree I don’t think we will re-sign all four, but I would hope to retain Walls and Newton but if we don’t we will at least get some compensation for them, Schiavone and Nicol are surplus to requirements and wouldn’t be missed BUT that’s something we could have said about a couple of the guys who have been given contracts today!!!

But for everyone of those four who don’t re-sign that is a wage and a squad place available for Dick to bring someone new in!!!

I was surprised at Pat & Scotty re-signing but when you look at Pat he can play CB, LB , LM, CM  while Scotty CF and RW..these are handy  guys to have in the squad/bench.