East Reconstruction

Fife Journeyman

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be great if the Juniors took the initiative and approached the EofS with a proposal as part of the reconstruction

Those talks should have happened when all the bigger teams were jumping from the EOS to the lowland league. If the EOS and Juniors combined it would hopefully make any future pyramid structure slightly easier since there would be 1 less association/league involved.

Was that after they told the region they were competing next season

Im assuming before if they told the region last week they are still in business. A boy at my work from Falkirk mentioned it to me in passing as he had heard it in the pub.

As confirmed last week in the appropriate threads - the club are continuing.

Reconstruction proposal withdrawn I hear, but options to be discussed during season.

I'd be interested to know how many clubs actually want change. The only way it can go is back to what it used to be, smaller leagues and less promotion spaces. Why would we want to do that?

It's not broken, it doesn't need fixed.

I agree Burnie keep it as it is, it is better than regional IMO.

Apparently the Management Committee will come up with options for change before the end of the year and clubs will be asked for feedback.  It will be interesting to see what - if anything - they come up with that is significantly different to Lochgelly’s proposal, or to what we already have.

I would like to think that clubs want to have as many home league matches as possible, that means leagues of 14-16 clubs, we do not want to see what we had last season in the South with clubs reduced to only 11 home games like the old days, that doesn’t help anyone. The season before the current set-up was brought in, we were down to only 10 clubs in the Central District.

If the idea is to create more local games and less travelling, then the only way that it can be done is to return to three District leagues again (North/Central/South), feeding into either a Superleague or a Premier League. That means less promotion spaces available and/or smaller leagues and less home games. Why would a District club want to lessen its chances of promotion? Why would a Premier club risk being dragged back into District Leagues with one promotion spot? Why would Superleague clubs vote for smaller leagues and less home game income?

The only set-up that provides for larger leagues, balanced numbers in each league, 13-15 home league games, and a minimum of two guaranteed promotion spots per division is what we currently have. It’s been a breath of fresh air.  Remember, this is  set-up that is attracting clubs from the EoSFL with probably more to follow, why risk it? 

It will be interesting to see where the debate heads over the next 6-8 months, although personally I think it’s a waste of everyone’s time.

Apparently the Management Committee will come up with options for change before the end of the year and clubs will be asked for feedback.  It will be interesting to see what - if anything - they come up with that is significantly different to Lochgelly’s proposal, or to what we already have.

Fair point. With about 60 clubs there are only really 3 options:

* the previous system (5 small divisions - 2 region-wide, 3 districts)

* the current system (4 larger divisions - 2 region-wide, 2 districts)

* the system Lochgelly proposed which wasn't voted on (4 larger divisions - 1 region-wide, 3 districts)

Apparently the Management Committee will come up with options for change before the end of the year and clubs will be asked for feedback. It will be interesting to see what - if anything - they come up with that is significantly different to Lochgelly’s proposal, or to what we already have.

I would like to think that clubs want to have as many home league matches as possible, that means leagues of 14-16 clubs, we do not want to see what we had last season in the South with clubs reduced to only 11 home games like the old days, that doesn’t help anyone. The season before the current set-up was brought in, we were down to only 10 clubs in the Central District.

If the idea is to create more local games and less travelling, then the only way that it can be done is to return to three District leagues again (North/Central/South), feeding into either a Superleague or a Premier League. That means less promotion spaces available and/or smaller leagues and less home games. Why would a District club want to lessen its chances of promotion? Why would a Premier club risk being dragged back into District Leagues with one promotion spot? Why would Superleague clubs vote for smaller leagues and less home game income?

The only set-up that provides for larger leagues, balanced numbers in each league, 13-15 home league games, and a minimum of two guaranteed promotion spots per division is what we currently have. It’s been a breath of fresh air. Remember, this is set-up that is attracting clubs from the EoSFL with probably more to follow, why risk it?

It will be interesting to see where the debate heads over the next 6-8 months, although personally I think it’s a waste of everyone’s time.

I actually couldn't care less on what happens either way but the fact you keep mentioning clubs voting for less home games surely falls down with the south league last year UNDER the reconstruction that you seem to praise so much!!!!!

I actually couldn't care less on what happens either way but the fact you keep mentioning clubs voting for less home games surely falls down with the south league last year UNDER the reconstruction that you seem to praise so much!!!!!

Down solely to Harthill Royal withdrawing just before the season started and Crossgates withdrawing halfway through. Not an every day occurrence!  Imagine what would have happened if it was a 12 team league to start with..........

Would another option not be to try and attract some of the more ambitious a mature clubs into the east juniors and also look towards the EOS to try and get more teams in?

If the 12 EoSFL clubs moved en-masse over to the Juniors then you could do something to the South Division  eg Fife & Lothians clubs in one and Edinburgh & Borders clubs in the other with plays offs between the top two in each to determine who went up to the Premier, or you could just go straight South 1 and South 2. Not going to happen though, we might see another club joining next year though.

However, that doesn't answer what is driving this latest debate from some, which is " We want a Fife league"

Archived