East Reconstruction

Fife Journeyman

i am personally looking fwd to the new set up as its the promotion aspect of the set up that appeals to me not if my team are playing north or south, a new challenge and new places to play sounds good to me.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnie man = cloud cuckoo land

You couldn't make it up. Will guarantee crowds will go down this season!

LOL, I thought you were pished last night, I was wrong. Why did you change your name from Creameryparkfan/Joethistle? it's the same pish that you post afterall.

i am personally looking fwd to the new set up as its the promotion aspect of the set up that appeals to me not if my team are playing north or south, a new challenge and new places to play sounds good to me.

A lot of people are looking forward to it, with the added bonus of more promotion spots and no League Cup.

Why have lochore declared they are in the north if the new agreement from a year ago says the south ?

That is the only bit throwing me.

I suppose we'll find out soon, the East AGM is this week isn't it?

Why have lochore declared they are in the north if the new agreement from a year ago says the south ?

That is the only bit throwing me.

the league secretary is trying to balance the league situation that was stupidly voted for and its the fife teams that are to suffer, but i'm repeating myself, they cant change what has already been voted for like it or not, its in black and white.

the league secretary is trying to balance the league situation that was stupidly voted for and its the fife teams that are to suffer, but i'm repeating myself, they cant change what has already been voted for like it or not, its in black and white.

The clubs in Fife HAVE to be willing to go with the flow on where they play. It happens in any other set-up where there's a specific number of teams and as such, some clubs will be in a less than ideal situation.

It would have been a mistake to put into black and white who was to go where. It should simply be the 16 most Northern play in one, and the 16 most Southern play in another.

In terms of freshness, it'd be like a promotion (or relegation) if a club was moved from one to the other. That is no bad thing.

The new league set up was democratically voted in, clubs voted freely whichever way they thought suited them. No new set up is ever perfect, just ask the senior clubs.

It was my club who proposed it and it grew from there. Opening up the top 2 leagues from 24 to 32 teams suited ambitious clubs.

Giving 2 promotion spots in the regional leagues made sense also as in the South league 1 from 16 teams was totally inadequate.

The line had to be drawn through Fife but that was just due to geography.

I dare say the reconstruction plan met with most resistance in Fife, in fact in the 20+ page topic on East Region Reconstruction that had been running on this website there were Fifers calling to get "their own league back"!!

Clearly there was a revamp needed and this one was chosen.

All these "what if's" are great, why don't we give it a try and let the season unfold then at the end of it we judge it!!

All 3 regional leagues were barnstormers, as was the Premier League, because of reconstruction this year. Lets hope we get a repeat next season!!????????

But perthboy does that not mean it was never intended to be 16 north and 16 south.

But rather whatever was left north or south of Newburgh.

Just need clarity on this point.

Not a criticism.

Does the plan leave an option to move the boundary if required ?

if geography and not numbers is the case then if 4 south did get relegated from prem it could actually leave an impossible situation if no provision to move the line.

I only say this if the new rules has a max team limit in place as well as the dividing line at Newburgh.

If the rules are already in place why can no one (you feel free) tell me the 100% make up of both leagues ?

If there are to be 16 teams in the South Division next season 2013-14, does it not mean there will be 7 teams from Fife joining the 9 teams that remain in this League.

There's 11 teams from the old South awaiting 5 teams from Fife

But perthboy does that not mean it was never intended to be 16 north and 16 south.

But rather whatever was left north or south of Newburgh.

Just need clarity on this point.

Not a criticism.

Does the plan leave an option to move the boundary if required ?

if geography and not numbers is the case then if 4 south did get relegated from prem it could actually leave an impossible situation if no provision to move the line.

I only say this if the new rules has a max team limit in place as well as the dividing line at Newburgh.

If the rules are already in place why can no one (you feel free) tell me the 100% make up of both leagues ?

This was the Jeanfield proposal which was passed. Bear in mind it was proposed this time last year.

Forfar West End & possibly Scone Thistle(if my memory serves me well) were in abeyance plus we weren't to know who'd end up getting promoted or which team(s) we'd lose to abeyance or gain this season.

Make of it what you will.

Proposal for East Region League Reconstruction 2013/14

Proposal

This proposal shifts the focus of a season onto league games and away from cup football, this would allow for better planning of league fixtures without the interference of local cups whose significance and sponsorship diminishes every year. Maybe a fixture list of some sort could also be attempted.

League Reorganisation

Superleague of 16 teams

Premier League of 16 teams

North Regional 14/15 League teams

South Regional 17 League teams

Superleague expanded by 4 teams. Top 4 in the Premier League promoted. No relegation from Superleague in 2012/13 season.

Premier League (8 remaining) to be expanded to 16 teams. South League top 4, Central League top 2, North League top 2. We would take more from the South league in the initial reorganisation as the South regional league has the most in number risking a severely imbalanced regional set up. No relegation from Premier League 2012/13 season.

The Central league would be disbanded and clubs to revert to North and South District leagues based on a dividing line through Fife.

North Region made up of previous season’s North League plus Perth based clubs and Newburgh.

South Region made up of previous season’s South Region plus south based Fife teams.

Relegation/Promotion

Superleague: Bottom 2 automatically relegated. 3rd bottom in 2 legged play-off with 3rd top of Premier League.

Premier League: Top 2 automatically promoted. 3rd top in 2 legged play-off with 3rd bottom of Superleague.

Bottom 4 relegated.

North League: Top 2 promoted

South League: Top 2 promoted

League games would be the main focus of early season Saturday and midweek matches.

Local Cup Reorganisation

We would retain the Scottish Cup and the East of Scotland Cup as normal where all East Region clubs would be included.

We then would have 1 more “cup of choice” for each region.

Fife and Lothian’s Cup

GA Cup

The League Cup would cease to exist unless free time is found at the end of a season.

Summary

Whilst Superleague and Premier League clubs may initially view this as adding a considerable amount of games to an already crowded fixture list, the removal and reorganisation of some of the local cups would see little if any increase in matches.

In the District Leagues, with the reduction of local cup matches, there is a capacity to allow these to expand to upto 18 clubs and a 34 league game season. On average, a District club will at best, only progress past 2 or 3 rounds in each of these cups listed above.

BigAl, Lothian's clubs made up 12 of the 24 teams in the top 2 divisions last season. Surely there is more of a chance that Fife/Tayside teams will take up more relegation spots next season than Lothian teams as south of the bridge is perceived to be stronger than north of the bridge? Just an observation though.

The bottom 5 clubs in this seasons Premier League were all from North of the bridge!!

Yes I assume geography will only shift if a region becomes greater than 18.

The 16/16 I suppose only came from assumption !

So if bankfoot and Spartans go, and star comes in.

It looks like 18 south (max) and 13 north.

Maybe there will be some shenanigans this week as that is very unbalanced.

Teams such as HOB and Kelty had higher average crowds in the old Fife League. They were also financially better off, please do not dispute this, so no reconstruction since then has been a good idea.

Wrong in Keltys case, home crowds from my eyes have almost doubled since we've been in the Super League.

Going by recent Kelty HOB games Hobs crowd has diminished over the years at an alarming rate which is disappointing to see.

Archived