Shite Local Festivals

Gaz

The kids at school have been pestering me to visit Whitburn galaday in a couple of weeks. I'm actually quite tempted if only to see how monumentally bad it will be.

I'll be heading through to Linlithgow for the Marches on Tuesday, and I'll probably end up posting pretty much the same thing on here that I did last year. I might end up at the Bo'ness Fair Gala Day as well, if I can be arsed.

I'll be heading through to Linlithgow for the Marches on Tuesday, and I'll probably end up posting pretty much the same thing on here that I did last year. I might end up at the Bo'ness Fair Gala Day as well, if I can be arsed.

Are you doing the 5am shift?

Are you doing the 5am shift?

Am I fu[test][/test]ck!

I'm not averse to drinking at daft times, especially at the end of the working week coming off a nightshift, but I do actually want to see most of the day!

Chances are I'll get up about 8 or 9, then after breakfast I'll head to a former workmate's place, have a few tins then head into town in the afternoon.

While everyone else fannies about at the shows, I'll probably head to the cricket club or Star for a pint, and eventually end up doing a mini pub crawl, bumping into a few folk I haven't seen for years, and also meeting a few total zoomers that I'd be glad to never see again. Pretty standard fare, really.

I was at the 'Uphall Gala Day' yesterday.

There were some specimens. It was as if Kilmarnock had been breeding with Cowdenbeath.

I'm unsure about how they came to the term 'Gala' either. A burger van and bouncy castle isn't very gala in these modern times!

Am I fu[test][/test]ck!

I'm not averse to drinking at daft times, especially at the end of the working week coming off a nightshift, but I do actually want to see most of the day!

Chances are I'll get up about 8 or 9, then after breakfast I'll head to a former workmate's place, have a few tins then head into town in the afternoon.

While everyone else fannies about at the shows, I'll probably head to the cricket club or Star for a pint, and eventually end up doing a mini pub crawl, bumping into a few folk I haven't seen for years, and also meeting a few total zoomers that I'd be glad to never see again. Pretty standard fare, really.

lol- sounds a bit of a tartan army kind of day then!

Guid Nychburris in Dumfries tomorrow and the weather is set fair. Expect numerous stories that could easily be filed in the Have I Got Local News For You thread.

Sadly I won't be there to celebrate our annual rucks and glassings fest...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Shite Local Festival Season is well and truly on us, although many of them might end up being an absolute wash-out, as was the case with Newlands Day (Bathgate) on Saturday I'm led to believe.

Any P&Bers planning on partaking in a visit to a shite local festival over the next few weeks?

Edited by Gaz

It was like a cross between mardi gras & the Rio carnival in Invergowrie today at the Mylnefield farm open day.

I got to sit on a brand new claas lexion combine harvester and got a red cabbage to take home.

Sounds like a line from Alan Partridge.... ahaaa.