Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

I got the Gold pack from asda for £7a few month ago, not really tried it tbh.

It's definitely worth a play, with Forces of Corruption, there are a couple of excellent mods that are particularly good if you're much of a Star Wars geek.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if it's worth getting Prison Architect yet. Even at 33% off it's still north of the £10 mark so it's not as thoughtless a purchase as some of the games.

With only one day left on the sale, I'm getting the distinct feeling that the games I wanted to come down to 75% off just aren't going to.

Risk Factions, Lego Harry Potter & Indiana Jones have yet to make an appearance.

I play RTS games quite a lot, albeit I've never played them against human opponents so likely my method of play is terrible when pitted against decent players. I've got a few games on Steam just now if you look at my games list, I also have Star Wars:Empire at War which is a beautiful game. Anyone else got that one? :lol:

Ive just bought that for £10 instead of Baldurs Gate and Civ V. I played the Civ demo but didnt think that much of it. Looked ok, but nothing special

I don't think I have you on steam, Mr. X, so if you or wisbit are ever interested in a few games, send me a message! It's worth playing the vanilla game before going for mods as it's really good on its own, but it increases massively when using mods as the number of new units is massive. It's interesting to see a lot of stuff from the Star Wars universe that isn't in the films too.

Got another insight into the wonderful mind of RobBairn last night.

Rob - "How can you play two games at once?!"

Me - "Eh?"

Rob - "It says you're playing Resident Evil 6 / Biohazard 6"!

:lol:

Shut up! :lol:

First world problems. I was looking forward to the sale but most of the things I wanted to buy I already have.

Picked up the Assassins Creed pack. That's it.

Bought CS:GO yesterday, only played a few games but quite like it so far.

Working after 6 this evening so that'll be my last purchase. Plenty to keep me going until GTAV.

I'm considering CS:GO but I'm so fucking pish at source and 1.6 that I'm not sure if it'd be money down the drain.

Nearly finished The Walking Dead which was my first purchase of the sales and really enjoyed it so far with one chapter left. Money well spent.

Just cannot get into games after finishing FF7. Just get bored after a couple of hours. Downloading The Last Remnant atm (got it for £2 in the sale) in the hope that another JRPG will interest me...

Just cannot get into games after finishing FF7. Just get bored after a couple of hours. Downloading The Last Remnant atm (got it for £2 in the sale) in the hope that another JRPG will interest me...

I tend to have completion issues, I will start a game and end up not completing it. However I'm currently playing The Last of Us and I am determined to finish it to see what all the fuss is about. From what I remember TLR was criticised quite heavily, however for £2 it could well be worth giving it a go to see what it's about.

Tales of Xillia has finally been given a Western release and will arrive on the 9th of August, if you are looking for a JRPG after TLR then that one should have a degree of quality about it. Amazon are doing it quite cheaply for £33.99 and if you pre-order before the 9th then you receive exclusive packaging, soundtrack and an artbook which is a good deal.

I know TLR had mixed reviews, but for £2 I thought it would be worth a shot...I'll look up Tales of Xillia now :)

edit: Should have mentioned I don't have a PS3. :lol:

Edited by Guest

I know TLR had mixed reviews, but for £2 I thought it would be worth a shot...I'll look up Tales of Xillia now :)

edit: Should have mentioned I don't have a PS3. :lol:

Bah! Well I'm all out of suggestions for this generation of JRPG gaming unless you have a look at Tales of Vesperia for Xbox 360? Apart from that, I can't recommend any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me0PwKAPo5U

TLR is almost done. I'm fairly confident I will enjoy it, based on reviews that I've read. I can understand why games like Skyrim etc are so good, I just personally can't get into them for some reason. It's frustrating. I think I prefer the way JRPGs force you forward and the combat systems they use...