Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

Massive overhaul of my PC, almost everything is being upgraded, new gaming rig case with proper airflow, new power supply, a working optical drive(woot)

Processor: AMD A8 6600K 3.9Ghz Quad Core(Turbo'd to 4.2Ghz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A55M-HD2 Board 8570D onboard GFX

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory

Storage: 1TB + 200GB hard drives

Graphics: Nivida Geforce 9800 GT

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

£270 well spent :thumsup2

Why bother with the 9800 at all? Surely the graphics performance of the 6600k on its own is far better than a 9800GT?

What is everyone's current set up?

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

CPU: Intel i5 3570

RAM: 16GB DDR3

Graphics: Nvidia GTX660

Hard drives: 240GB Crucial SSD (Primary), 2TB Seagate HDD (Secondary)

This is my previous and current machines side by side (no prizes for guessing which is which):

1009653_620369941306805_1959793460_o.jpg

Edited by NorthernLights

What is everyone's current set up?

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

CPU: Intel i5 3570

RAM: 16GB DDR3

Graphics: Nvidia GTX660

Hard drives: 240GB Crucial SSD (Primary), 2TB Seagate HDD (Secondary)

I can't recall the exact names of most but

Motherboard: MSI Gaming

CPU: Intel i5-4670k

RAM: 8GB

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 770

Hard Drives: 120gb Samsung SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD (blue, IIRC). Also got a 2TB Seagate External

Pfft didnt realise everybody was on such heavy duty gaming machines.

I've got:

CPU - Intel Pentium G860 (I think...)

MB - MSI H61M-P31

RAM - 4GB DDR3

GPU - Gigabyte HD7770

Hard Drive - Ummmm, pass. It's a 500gb but I cant remember the brand and chucked the box.

OS - Windows 7 HP 64-bit

Edited by Stewbo

Ooooh see Far Cry Blood Dragon is going for £4, pick that up if you're a shooter fan, fucking superb game

Picked that up. I loved Far Cry 3, I have it on the X-Box and it is probably the best open world FPS I've played. Blood Dragon has always looked like a head ache enduing nightmare in terms of the graphics. I'll give it a go though.

Also picked up the DoW II expansion packs, FTL, AoE II & III pack, Max Payne 3 and the original Deus Ex. What a tricky b*****d of a game Deus Ex was. I've still got my PS2 copy and I'd forgotten just how hard the game is. The AI is pretty mediocre compared to newer games but I keep getting punished for making simple mistakes when trying to take someone down. Despite that it still feels utterly fantastic to be playing it.

Picked that up. I loved Far Cry 3, I have it on the X-Box and it is probably the best open world FPS I've played. Blood Dragon has always looked like a head ache enduing nightmare in terms of the graphics. I'll give it a go though.

Also picked up the DoW II expansion packs, FTL, AoE II & III pack, Max Payne 3 and the original Deus Ex. What a tricky b*****d of a game Deus Ex was. I've still got my PS2 copy and I'd forgotten just how hard the game is. The AI is pretty mediocre compared to newer games but I keep getting punished for making simple mistakes when trying to take someone down. Despite that it still feels utterly fantastic to be playing it.

I like it so much more than Far Cry 3, it's a bit of a stripped down version but it's not as much of a chore to just wander around. The sense of humour in it is superb, like a parody of every 80's action movie. Graphics wise it's actually not too bad, it's not as neon-infested as the cover art implies. It's a wee bit darker than I'd like even when you adjust the brightness, but once you get used to it it's fine.

2 more for L4D2 in an hour? Have mic + TS as communication is vital

Give me a shout on Steam. I've not played it for ages, tremendous game though. The custom campaigns with user added maps are great too.

I quite enjoyed DOW 2.

Same here, again a fantastic game on co-op too.

Oh and current rig:

CPU - Intel i5-3570

Mobo - Asus P877Z

RAM - 8GB Corsair

GPU - EVGA 670gtx

HD - 240GB Corsair SSD, 640GB and 160GB HDDs

It's just you, "Andy". L4D2 is fucking fantastic. Bellend.

On another note, finally started playing Portal 2 after buying it in the summer sale. What a game. Stephen Merchant does a fantastic job as Wheatley. :lol:

It's just you, "Andy". L4D2 is fucking fantastic. Bellend.

On another note, finally started playing Portal 2 after buying it in the summer sale. What a game. Stephen Merchant does a fantastic job as Wheatley. :lol:

Unless it gets better than "shoot loadsa zombies, run a bit, shoot loads more zombies, run a bit, repeat" then I stand by my original review

Unless it gets better than "shoot loadsa zombies, run a bit, shoot loads more zombies, run a bit, repeat" then I stand by my original review

it doesnt, unforunately on consoles the game is ruined online by other players, they kick people so they can have 2 ai bots or quicker cooldowns, pretty annoying

It's only fun playing with other folks you know. Bots and randoms make it suck ass