Fauldhouse United - ins, outs, shake it all abouts (merged)

housefan

so theres no new signings.?

do we know of any friendlies .?

Shanksy still under contract im told but what about Mark, Baz and JPaul are they signing , if so we will still have the nucleus of last seasons squad to kick off plus any new signings. Whats the news on Andy Mcquillan are we getting him or not. Spoke to a mate and he said Bathgate spoke to him but he prefers the House, get the deal done committee boys. Cmon the Hoooooooooose.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like an information hungry form scout out on the Newmarket gallops early morning, I took a trip up to "Fallas Flats" (a lovely little undulating track situated in leafy Fauldhouse) to watch Davie Cowan take out his string for an early season hour long lung opener. No new nags on display just some of the classic winners from last season and a few decent handicappers. For some a canter, others had obviously hit the hay a little too hard over the last few weeks.

Heard from the horse's mouth that one particular frisky flier "Wilkies Boy" has still to have his season plan agreed and so we are unsure what he will be aimed at this year. The Colt seems to be a little hesitant to go into the stalls but I am hoping that the experienced handlers at the helm will be able to guide him in. He could certainly win a few prizes this year running for the Park View Stable.

Edinburgh cuddies (Dale Winton, Uncle Sam and the Shaun Ryder impersonator) are again sharing a horse box and will be wearing the red and white Hoose colours again this year. Good news. 3 great players on their day.

I also heard that the trainers have been attending the sales over the last few weeks and have made some bids, some of which we expect to have accepted soon. this will result in some new blood being introduced into the stable. No Group 1 winners but some good sorts who should train on.

It was 100 degrees plus and as the sweat rolled down the forehead and back, the hamstrings strained with their first exercise for weeks and as the thirst and dehydration took over... I left the lads to it! It can be tough being a fan.

Looking forward to some right Royal Ascot moments and a trip to a Derby or two this year.... No doubt a midweek fixture in the rain at the far off Redcars or Cattericks will be in there too. Can't wait!!

Heard we might be out the stalls at Shotts on the 27th July.... will update as and when the going reports come through.

Mon the Hoose!!!!

Like an information hungry form scout out on the Newmarket gallops early morning, I took a trip up to "Fallas Flats" (a lovely little undulating track situated in leafy Fauldhouse) to watch Davie Cowan take out his string for an early season hour long lung opener. No new nags on display just some of the classic winners from last season and a few decent handicappers. For some a canter, others had obviously hit the hay a little too hard over the last few weeks.

Heard from the horse's mouth that one particular frisky flier "Wilkies Boy" has still to have his season plan agreed and so we are unsure what he will be aimed at this year. The Colt seems to be a little hesitant to go into the stalls but I am hoping that the experienced handlers at the helm will be able to guide him in. He could certainly win a few prizes this year running for the Park View Stable.

Edinburgh cuddies (Dale Winton, Uncle Sam and the Shaun Ryder impersonator) are again sharing a horse box and will be wearing the red and white Hoose colours again this year. Good news. 3 great players on their day.

I also heard that the trainers have been attending the sales over the last few weeks and have made some bids, some of which we expect to have accepted soon. this will result in some new blood being introduced into the stable. No Grade 1 winners but some good sorts who should train on.

It was 100 degrees plus and as the sweat rolled down the forehead and back, the hamstrings strained with their first exercise for weeks and as the thirst and dehydration took over... I left the lads to it! It can be tough being a fan.

Looking forward to some right Royal Ascot moments and a trip to a Derby or two this year.... No doubt a midweek fixture in the rain at the far off Redcars or Cattericks will be in there too. Can't wait!!

Heard we might be out the stalls at Shotts on the 27th July.... will update as and when the going reports come through.

Mon the Hoose!!!!

Worried if the Frisky Flier hasnt been stabled yet , could have a big say in Davy , Steph and Colin finishing as top trainers over the coming season,Any new signings on the horizon, thought we may have 1 or 2 by now.

First pre season friendly has been announced.....

Hoose vs Shotts Bon Accord - Saturday 27th July, 2pm kick off, at Park View.

Also heard we have signed the boy Brown from Whitburn and have a few others in the pipeline.

mon the Hoose!!

First pre season friendly has been announced.....

Hoose vs Shotts Bon Accord - Saturday 27th July, 2pm kick off, at Park View.

Also heard we have signed the boy Brown from Whitburn and have a few others in the pipeline.

mon the Hoose!!

He is decent kinky... Could be a good signing!

Lothian thistle hutchie vale are coming through again this year for another 2 day tournament. Was great last year apart from the gang of the amateur team that wanted to go fighting all the time. Always love coming through to the "Hoose" great set up etc...

He is decent kinky... Could be a good signing!

I remember him from when we played them as being a strong looking lad but he didn't shine. Heard he is a good player though. Now Bairdy has gone that centre midfield is up for grabs.

Mon the Hoose!

Heard from a reliable source that Bairdy is aaying he moves for "family reasons"!!!!!! aye right! he means his family is better off with the signing on fee and extra cash!!! Any news on Hoose signings? Any gossip from the agm? Mon the Hoose!

Heard from a reliable source that Bairdy is aaying he moves for "family reasons"!!!!!! aye right! he means his family is better off with the signing on fee and extra cash!!! Any news on Hoose signings? Any gossip from the agm? Mon the Hoose!

Been informed Wilkins has signed up for the Hoose for another year.

Money money money as Abba used to simg about.

You can't knock anyone for trying their hand at senior football. The truth of the matter however is that the standard of player at that level isn't significantly higher than the level he will be playing at next year. Is Shaun good enough to cope though....???? I think he could be.

What the Rangers de-motion has done I think is highlighted the lower leagues and how good players, (who are not GREAT players, some never will be but some could be on their way there) have a real opportunity to catch the eye and move up the leagues and eventually play in the top senior leagues in Scotland. Once you do that and either bang a few goals in or catch the right headline in the paper... English leagues can come looking.... It is a chance for some people in a difficult world to make a career and a living.

Anyone who takes that chance and has a go has my backing and best wishes. If people didn't take a chance in life we would all still be living in caves. Or scratching around playing in crappy leagues, necking beer every weekend, smoking like chimney's and "Goan tae play wae ma mates in the Amatuers ken?"

Mon the Hooose!

Kinky Afro

Fawhoo caves

Whatever........but to be honest the last kind of player we need is a striker!!! We only scored 133 goals last season :lol: take u lot about 3 seasons to do that! :thumsup2

Looking forward to the friendly against Fauldhouse, by what I've read on here they seem a real decent side.

Get to see how Shotts are shaping up in their rebuilding programme.

Expecting a skelping though.

Mon the BA, prove me wrong.!

Suggest you go back to your " reliable source" and tell them they're talking shite !!

If your so close to all of the Hoose players, ask any of them why Bairdy left !! They know the score

" the correct score"

Mon the Thistle !!!

Looking forward to the friendly against Fauldhouse, by what I've read on here they seem a real decent side. Get to see how Shotts are shaping up in their rebuilding programme. Expecting a skelping though. Mon the BA, prove me wrong.!

You will be more than welcome at the Hoose and I hope you enjoy the game and some good banter. I know the Coo Shed Crusaders are desperate to get their vocal cords into some poor unfortunate ref, an unsuspecting loud mouth in the away bench and some overweight/jug-eared/mouthy/dirty tackling opponent.

All in the BEST POSSIBLE TASTE of course.

Mon the Hoose!!!

Archived