Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

The Orange Lodge in Scotland is rife in godforsaken, post industrial shitholes, which pretty much tells you all you need to know. They don't march through Elie or North Berwick, they march through Cumnock, Greengairs, Broxburn and a multitude of other poverty stricken cuntholes. It's a shame, because with the surge in SNP republicanism we really could do with someone representing Unionist Presbyterian's. A load of drunken proles in Rangers tops is not the answer, sadly!

The Orange Lodge in Scotland is rife in godforsaken, post industrial shitholes, which pretty much tells you all you need to know. They don't march through Elie or North Berwick, they march through Cumnock, Greengairs, Broxburn and a multitude of other poverty stricken cuntholes. It's a shame, because with the surge in SNP republicanism we really could do with someone representing Unionist Presbyterian's. A load of drunken proles in Rangers tops is not the answer, sadly!

we really could do with someone representing Unionist Presbyterian's.

How are you doing Glen? I've not seen you posting for ages. Have you been on sabbatical or have we just been posting on different threads?

I do take issue with the notion of The OO representing, " Unionist Presbyterian's." (sic). I have three major (and about a dozen) minor reasons why I think this is wrong-headed.

Major reasons:

• The OO doesn't represent British unionism in Scotland.
  • The OO does''t represent Presbyterianism.
  • There is no coherent Presbyterian view on anything and hasn't been since the Disruption of 1843.

The OO in Scotland has never had the same social or political traction as it has in Ireland. It has always been a marginal ginger group.

I am perfectly content to endorse a joyful and colourful celebration of William's revolution and the triumph of parliament over the crown. The idea, though, that said celebrants, in Scotland, represent anything more than themselves is wrong-headed.

While I am bumping my gums I shall also reference Orangefest. A wrong-headed and regressive idea. Scotland has never had an 'Orange culture' and to try and impose this is making some sort of ghetto mentality that has never existed.

So quick sum: Celebrate William's revolution and you have my full agreement. Turn it in to some sort of racial or cultural cause célèbre and you can GTF.

It's fucking bizarre, as if they are under some kind of threat from Catholics in shiteholes like Forth, Shotts and Slamannan. Nobody with any sense would set foot in these redneck wildernesses. I'd love to hear from someone on here who lives in one of these places

Glen you're not being very clear, could you perhaps clarify another 5 times?

Glen you're not being very clear, could you perhaps clarify another 5 times?

Just because he posted for every finger he's got on his hand, doesn't mean you've to do the same...

Greenie for that post sir, cap doffed! I used to live in North Lanarkshire and the psyche of the hangers on (not always the members of the LOL) is bizarre and to be not to brazen, knuckle dragging at best!

How are you doing Glen? I've not seen you posting for ages. Have you been on sabbatical or have we just been posting on different threads?

I do take issue with the notion of The OO representing, " Unionist Presbyterian's." (sic). I have three major (and about a dozen) minor reasons why I think this is wrong-headed.

Major reasons:

• The OO doesn't represent British unionism in Scotland.
  • The OO does''t represent Presbyterianism.
  • There is no coherent Presbyterian view on anything and hasn't been since the Disruption of 1843.

The OO in Scotland has never had the same social or political traction as it has in Ireland. It has always been a marginal ginger group.

I am perfectly content to endorse a joyful and colourful celebration of William's revolution and the triumph of parliament over the crown. The idea, though, that said celebrants, in Scotland, represent anything more than themselves is wrong-headed.

While I am bumping my gums I shall also reference Orangefest. A wrong-headed and regressive idea. Scotland has never had an 'Orange culture' and to try and impose this is making some sort of ghetto mentality that has never existed.

So quick sum: Celebrate William's revolution and you have my full agreement. Turn it in to some sort of racial or cultural cause célèbre and you can GTF.

Its all part of the psuedo Ulster/Scots cringeworthy trying to develop a bond that is not as strong as they woul dhave us believe.

Yip, we have 57 Orange Walks within the city. Can you believe this, No need for them to be having this many walks.

1 Should be more than enough.

I notice aswell they have started calling it an "orangefest"

Well they (Heinz) say variety is the spice of life.

I've heard

Can anyone confirm?