Manic Street Preachers

AirdrieGuy

Was listening to Rewind The Film the other day. That's a clunker of an album right there. Terrible.

I have to say the opposite, it's probably in their top 3. I'd go for that, Gold Against the Soul and This is my Truth is my top 3 (in no order).

Can't wait for the double header this week. I only just saw them live for the first time at the last Barrowlands gig, which was also my first ever gig at the Barrowlands. They were fantastic along with the venue.

I have to say the opposite, it's probably in their top 3. I'd go for that, Gold Against the Soul and This is my Truth is my top 3 (in no order).

Can't wait for the double header this week. I only just saw them live for the first time at the last Barrowlands gig, which was also my first ever gig at the Barrowlands. They were fantastic along with the venue.

Seen them on their first tour at Fatties in dundee, didn't see them again until Sept at the Barrowlands, which was also first visit for me to there!!

So looking forward to Friday,definately taking a better camera this time !!

Pre gig beers just now, cant wait

edit: you think with a 6inch mobile screen fat fingers is a thing of the past but noooo

Edited by weirdcal

On my way into town before the gig at the Corn Exchange tonight. Excited is not the word; their last gig there was one of the best I've been too, fantastic live!

Pre gig beers just now, cant wait

edit: you think with a 6inch mobile screen fat fingers is a thing of the past but noooo

See yous there! :)

Barrowlands tonight. I can catch the first half of the Highland Derby and still make it in for the start of the set. Five minute walk door-to-door.

The Barrowlands Twitter account posted to say that the Manics will be on stage at around 9:10pm.

Absolutely superb last night, to open with La tristesse Durera was a master stroke,Europa Gert duch mich sounded excellent as did Futurology, the only downer was the band left the venue straight after so no pics :(

I must say that Nicky didn't look at all well,he wasn't his usual self :(

But the barrowlands beats every venue hands down it was fuckin mental !!!

eta absolutely brilliant to hear Archives and Die in the summertime played :D

Edited by rustyarabnuts

I had drunkenly decided to write the opening lines of Faster across the back of a cheap white Primark t-shirt. If anyone saw some tit with "I am an architect, they call me a butcher" written across their back in permanent marker then that was me lol.

Also the support band (The Twighlight Sad) were very good, surprisingly so, their lead singer reminded me of Ian Curtis 8)

That occurred to me as well - also a wee bit like My Bloody Valentine with the guitarist strumming his effects laden guitar with his tremolo arm pretty much all the time - solid set from them.