Facts you made up

Mak

The Bourbon biscuit was created by the sister of Jack Daniels. It was served with a shot of Jack's whiskey and usually dunked. The tradition lives on but in coffee shops with those daft wee biscuits.

Edited by The Skelpit Lug

I made a pretty convincing lie about Hibs and John Lennon to my Girlfriend at the time.  You all know that song war is over by John Lennon, its played to death at Xmas.  Well Hibs did a cover of it years later as Turnbulls Tornadoes.  I told her that we recorded this first and John Lennon heard it while visiting Edinburgh and asked permission to use the tune.  Hibs agreed and the royalties made sure we could sign players like George Best. The deal expired when Lennon died and thats why we were pretty shit in the early 80's without that sweet Lennon money.

Also Joe Tortolano wrote Sunshine on Leith in 1986.  Part of that is actually true btw.

Edited by Lofarl

Panini stickers are so-called because they originally depicted a variety of bread-based products. They did not sell well and somebody had the idea of them carrying photos of famous footballers instead.

10 hours ago, GordonD said:

Panini stickers are so-called because they originally depicted a variety of bread-based products. They did not sell well and somebody had the idea of them carrying photos of famous footballers instead.

I had just paid over the odds for a particularly rare card featuring a New York bagel.  I was able to trade it for a Davie Dodds 1981 so it all worked out.

Hi my name is Alan I was once engaged to a famous celebrity who I might have just got rid off in 1999 and now I am the queen's gyneacologist. f**k knows why meghan doesn't want me to deliver her baby.

On 09/04/2019 at 02:07, BillyAnchor said:

I had just paid over the odds for a particularly rare card featuring a New York bagel.  I was able to trade it for a Davie Dodds 1981 so it all worked out.

Ha! The jokes on you it’s the same picture.

Huw Edwards, the BBC newsreader, isn't Welsh at all. Hugh is from Peckham but studied drama and literature at Sheffield University where he found out he was good at accents. He sent in a demo tape to the BBC Regional Outreach programme in his now-trademark Welsh lilt and being offered a job felt obliged to keep the accent.

• 4 weeks later...

Bruce Springsteen was touring the UK when he was bored and went to the newsagents to pick up a comic. Buying the Victor, The Boss was introduced to Alf Tupper (of the track) and subscribed immediately to the Victor comic so that he could follow young Alf's success.  He was so impressed he wrote Born to run and dedicated it to Alf Tupper. Victor comics felt this infringed copyright so he had to drop the dedication officially but in his heart Alf was always his inspiration, as it was for many young boys during his 50 something year run (no pun) as an 18 year old track start facing weekly adversity.

• 1 month later...

Kris Akubusi invented the vuvuzela after accidentally breaking Roy Castles trumpet at a record breakers night out.

Roy: get off the stage kris you’re naked and sexually aroused

Woy woy look at this “toooot tooooooot” awooga all-wight all-wight 

he then set the as yet unbeaten world record of playing a vuvuzela while erect and on ecstasy of three weeks four days and five hours

It was featured as a bonus disc on record breakers 2003 Christmas special dvd.

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Kris Akubusi invented the vuvuzela after accidentally breaking Roy Castles trumpet at a record breakers night out.

Roy: get off the stage kris you’re naked and sexually aroused

Woy woy look at this “toooot tooooooot” awooga all-wight all-wight 

he then set the as yet unbeaten world record of playing a vuvuzela while erect and on ecstasy of three weeks four days and five hours

It was featured as a bonus disc on record breakers 2003 Christmas special dvd.

That's dedication

Anne Frank, who was born 90 years ago today, founded Frank's Hot Sauce in the kitchen of The Annexe she was hiding in.  She had plans to launch it in Eindhoven as she learned resident's there had a more suitable palete for spicy condiments than their Amsterdam counterparts, but was unfortunately found by the Nazis before she could.

Her friend Jacob Frank, founded it in her honour.

'Eintracht' in the name 'Eintracht Frankfurt' translates as "one path", alluding to the concept of the one true path to real enlightenment, and references the little-known Buddhist roots of the club; their first playing kit, dating back to 1899, was entirely orange