Johnny Russell

Dryhorce

Brighton were meant to get promoted last season so he is not doing that well.Why are we having unproven 34 year old players involved with us that have never been on the books of a big club never mind a massive club like Liverpool.We need to cap and play the younger guys,get them ready for the next go at reaching a finals.Its the only way we are going to go forward.I like our boss and respect he knows more about the game than I do.How ever cant see what he brings to the table.

You just made that up :lol:

PB is getting thicker by the alias,

is it not the case that we have never finished lower than third in a qualifying group?

so unless we beat croatia and serbia lose to macedonia with a swing of 9 goals this will be the worst performing scotland team ever.

Brighton were meant to get promoted last season so he is not doing that well.Why are we having unproven 34 year old players involved with us that have never been on the books of a big club never mind a massive club like Liverpool.We need to cap and play the younger guys,get them ready for the next go at reaching a finals.Its the only way we are going to go forward.I like our boss and respect he knows more about the game than I do.How ever cant see what he brings to the table.

I agree that it's probably better to call up Wilson for other reasons but I think he's sticking with the same group to see out the qualifiers. Now isnt the time to be throwing young centre halfs on the park if we are struggling, we need points to see out the campaign and trying not to finish bottom. Greer is playing at a much better level than Wilson just now so I would feel much more comfortable having to call on him if we did end up in a centre half crisis. For what it's worth I imagine the likes of Greer, Webster and Burke etc will make way for younger players in the next few friendly squads and heading into the EURO Qualifiers.

Wilson has caps and played in the champions league.I know who I would much rather count on in a crisis.Wilson can catch a player if he gets bye him,old man Greer can not.Also is the championship a much better league than our own?I like the championship and watch a lot of it,sometimes as many games as the Premiership.And have to say the standard can be just as poor as our league.And most of the better players who play down in it,have all done there time up here be it on loan sometimes.Its got bigger crowds and more teams and more money,but if its much better I doubt.Slightly better maybe but think lots of our teams could run there teams for the money,teams like St Johnstone ICT,Aberdeen,Motherwell,Dundee United.

Wilson has caps and played in the champions league.I know who I would much rather count on in a crisis.Wilson can catch a player if he gets bye him,old man Greer can not.Also is the championship a much better league than our own?I like the championship and watch a lot of it,sometimes as many games as the Premiership.And have to say the standard can be just as poor as our league.And most of the better players who play down in it,have all done there time up here be it on loan sometimes.Its got bigger crowds and more teams and more money,but if its much better I doubt.Slightly better maybe but think lots of our teams could run there teams for the money,teams like St Johnstone ICT,Aberdeen,Motherwell,Dundee United.

Oh well each to their own. And yes the Championship in my opinion is vastly superior. I reckon the likes of Wigan, Forest, Watford, QPR, Leeds etc could all come to Scotland and challenge for the title, likewise if Celtic went down there I reckon they would end up in the play offs over the course of 46 games. The players in that league and the squads in that league are of a very good standard and there is a hell of a lot of money being thrown about.

I would be putting money on Celtic winning the league.So you telling me the experience that Celtic have had in Europe beating Barcelona and Manchester United would only get them into 5th or 6th place?Do me a favour they are more ready for Europe than the Wigan and Birmingham of this world?What did City do last time in the Europa league?Nothing at all they were found out badly.QPR players never really tasted champions league,not in this country anyway.And they have already lost there best players anyway,its why they buy ordinary players like Matt Phillips.

I would be putting money on Celtic winning the league.So you telling me the experience that Celtic have had in Europe beating Barcelona and Manchester United would only get them into 5th or 6th place?Do me a favour they are more ready for Europe than the Wigan and Birmingham of this world?What did City do last time in the Europa league?Nothing at all they were found out badly.QPR players never really tasted champions league,not in this country anyway.And they have already lost there best players anyway,its why they buy ordinary players like Matt Phillips.

Over the season, aye. Look at Celtic, all of their current or recent 'big players' have either been playing in the Championship or unable to get a game in the EPL before. Commons from Derby, Wilson from Forest, Hooper from Scunthorpe, Stokes couldnt get a place at Sunderland, Samaras couldnt get a place at City ( when they were honking ) Forster at Newcastle ( he has come on leaps and bounds to be fair ) Ledley from Cardiff, could go on all day, Celtic have the equivalent of a decent Championship squad, which would be in around promotion or the play offs over the course of a season IMHO. Money talks, just because Celtic raise their game every so often in the big Champions League games doesnt make them any better. And as for the other SPL teams, League 1 at best.

Celtic sell more guys to the EPL than any championship club,think that should say something about how good champions league football is

The rest of the Scottish teams being league one at best is rubbish to,plenty have championship experience as well with players

I agree that it's probably better to call up Wilson for other reasons but I think he's sticking with the same group to see out the qualifiers. Now isnt the time to be throwing young centre halfs on the park if we are struggling, we need points to see out the campaign and trying not to finish bottom. Greer is playing at a much better level than Wilson just now so I would feel much more comfortable having to call on him if we did end up in a centre half crisis. For what it's worth I imagine the likes of Greer, Webster and Burke etc will make way for younger players in the next few friendly squads and heading into the EURO Qualifiers.

Wouldn't be so hasty with Burke, I noted that Birmingham have been playing him in a more central role, where game awareness and his ability to play with the head up counter any lack of pace. A useful alternative to Maloney? On CB issue, Who are the best bets for pacey, young & right sided?

We really do not have much coming through at centre half,think Bardsley will play his way back into the team before long.Could do it in a 3 5 2,just needs the new boss to rate him at Mackhams,and Berra still has time on his hands a good five or six seasons at best.Kilmarnock had Ashcroft last year but he is out the team,looked a half decent kid.