The Blacklist

Boghead ranter

Tremendous episode

2 main(ish) characters deid, lots more questions and intrigue

. Cannot wait until it comes back.

A pity, I really liked Alan Alda's character as well!!!

The first half of this season has been good but not as good as last season probably because there has been less focus on Red and Lizzies "is he, isn't he" relationship, and it did tend to go a bit "villain of the week"!!!

Hope it picks up!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Watched last nights season finale, really enjoyed it, don't worry no spoilers!

Just a thought that's been bugging me since the end of the last season. If Berlin is supposed to have "planted" Tom with Lizzie to get to Red, how did he manage to have Tom in her life BEFORE she'd even had "first contact" with Reddington? I mean YEARS before? Do I see another story arc seed here?

It's called a plot hole, and there's loads of them in this show.

Watched first 2 episodes of season 1 last night. Thought it was quite good but a bit corny (girlfriend loved it). Is it like that the whole way through?

Yeah mate it is. I'd venture it even got more corny and 'Hollywood' as time went on. It's not in The Wire/Sopranos/Game of Thrones bracket of quality and originality. It's alright and Spader does put in a pretty good performance but there's also a fair bit of cheese and eye rolling throughout.

Got to be honest and say that I've found the majority of this season quite a slog so far. Nice twist at the end of the finale, and what preceded it suggested there will be some new dangers for Reddington to navigate so I'm hopeful that it'll gather a bit of pace in the second half but as others have touched upon, it has become somewhat of a "baddie of the week".

It's called a plot hole, and there's loads of them in this show.

Yeah mate it is. I'd venture it even got more corny and 'Hollywood' as time went on. It's not in The Wire/Sopranos/Game of Thrones bracket of quality and originality. It's alright and Spader does put in a pretty good performance but there's also a fair bit of cheese and eye rolling throughout.

Heard Season 2s not very good. Will watch season 1 until the end though. Have to keep reminding myself that itll be a long time before i watch another programme like The Wire/Sopranos/Boardwalk Empire.

I have now watched 7 episodes of the first season and all I can say is that it is keeping my interest but only just.

Really like James Spader in it.

Special effects are utter dross, planes and houses blowing up just look totally naff.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got to the end of Season 1 of this and have really enjoyed it - in fact it made me stop watching repeats of 24 which is no mean feat.

Have downloaded the first 8 episodes of Season 2 for watching this weekend as footie likely to be off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...