Wasps vs Binos

Waspy

Poor game. it would seem that Spence is limiting himself to only scoring against diddies this season. Why on earth did Hetherington play the whole game? He was awful. Too many stray passes and ponderous play from Alloa. When we did inject a bit of pace we scored. Thought that Buchanan played well in a supporting role. He isn't going to score many this season but I can see him being valuable in assists.

Very poor crowd. Worse than the game at the Recs a couple of weeks ago. Worst home support I've seen at Forthbank.

Still that's 7 wins in a row now I believe against the council renters so not all bad.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we played some nice stuff just our final product let is down. How Alloa finished the game with 11 men still on the park I don't know, dirty b*****ds.

Ahh well on to Stenny now, diddy cup anyway

Alloa scrape through another cup tie.

I thought we were the better side for large spells of the game apart from the first 20mins of the 2nd half. Alloa didn't create much and had a huge slice of luck for their second goal.

Alloa fans will privately be concerned for the season ahead and we may well face each other in the league next season.

Alloa fans will privately be concerned for the season ahead and we may well face each other in the league next season.

If so I look forward to extending the run to 11 wins in a row.

No matter how bad we play you just can't beat us these days.

Quite a lackadaisical and frustrating performance at times but at least Smith is trying out a couple of things, and we're also through to the next round too.

Marr was having an excellent game and was then substituted 5 minutes before half time, so so frustrating. I assume he's picked up an injury again but Docherty came on in his place and played really well, he was hungry for the ball and really determined to make a mark on the game, in both defence and attack.

Spence took both his finishes well and looked very confident in doing so, good sign. Buchanan had an excellent game I thought and once again was very creative and efficient, here's hoping both him and Spence can produce the goods this weekend at Central Park.

Our midfield tonight were quite poor though, both Cawley and Hetherington were trying almost too hard to produce something and lost possession countless times.

McCord is unfit! He was only decent with the ball at his feet but he was struggling with the pace of the game after only 20 minutes or so. It's perhaps time to start Flannigan and give Ryan a wake up call. Or we could even start Docherty in left midfield and move Holmes over if Marr is okay to play.

Stirling hit the bar with an effort at the very start of the game which had Gibson beaten all the way. They also hit the bar near the end of the game too with a deflected effort. A comfortable 2-0 lead turned into panic stations with that Albion goal, which looked so simple before he even tucked it away. The Alloa way I suppose.

David McClune was called out in the starting eleven on the tannoy before the game but Willie Robertson ended up starting, did McClune get injured in the warm up? Or was it a mistake on the teamsheet?

David McClune was called out in the starting eleven on the tannoy before the game but Willie Robertson ended up starting, did McClune get injured in the warm up? Or was it a mistake on the teamsheet?

McClune would get injured getting out of bed in the morning.

How many mid-week games at Forthbank have you been to?

536 there tonight. I'd say 150 Alloa fans.

I clearly meant at a Stirling - Alloa game. Only a complete idiot would fail to see that.

More like around 200 Alloa fans i'd say. Regardless, still a shit attendance.

I clearly meant at a Stirling - Alloa game. Only a complete idiot would fail to see that.

More like around 200 Alloa fans i'd say. Regardless, still a shit attendance.

:lol:

ok, how many mid-week games (against Alloa) at Forthbank have you seen?

An odd game I thought. We were the better side throughout, but didn't really create much apart from a few times when we raised the tempo. Whenever we did that we looked what we are - a division above Stirling.

Spence took both goals very well, the first from a lovely run and cross from Buchanan, who was our best player IMO.

I thought Hetherington did OK for a first start, and hopefully will go on to compete for a place in the side regularly.

Sparky added real zip and ambition to our attacking play, but weakened the defence and Stirling started to get some joy down the right side later on, ending with Smith scoring a decent goal.

It was good to see Darren Smith make a cameo late on. Still a class act.

Archived