Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

Haven Protocol have just added xBTC to their ecosystem which is the only private bitcoin synth. So basically investing in BTC but with Monero privacy built in. This is a gamechanger but still under most peoples' radar with it not being on one of the large exchanges, which are rumoured to be incoming along with THORchain.

4 of my friends that had no interest in crypto 3 years ago when I was on about it have lumped on over a grand each on $DOGE and are probably outperforming my portfolio... 

4 of my friends that had no interest in crypto 3 years ago when I was on about it have lumped on over a grand each on $DOGE and are probably outperforming my portfolio... 
You're likely to have the last laugh if they've done that any time recently.

Doge likely to have a pretty major pullback tomorrow. TBH I'm surprised the smart money isn't pulled out already.

I've my short at the ready.

9 hours ago, gaz5 said:

You're likely to have the last laugh if they've done that any time recently.

Doge likely to have a pretty major pullback tomorrow. TBH I'm surprised the smart money isn't pulled out already.

I've my short at the ready.

I just find it utterly perplexing how you can look at any chart and see it utterly smashing it's ATH, pretty much a straight line up and then think that looks a good time to buy. 

They're convinced something about SNL will send the price through the roof. 

How are you getting on with your crypto? Do you short often? Feeling pretty confident with your TA and stuff now? 

I just find it utterly perplexing how you can look at any chart and see it utterly smashing it's ATH, pretty much a straight line up and then think that looks a good time to buy. 
They're convinced something about SNL will send the price through the roof. 
How are you getting on with your crypto? Do you short often? Feeling pretty confident with your TA and stuff now? 
Yeah, agreed. Actually far more likely the smart money dump before SNL. But we'll see.

Yeah, I'm doing OK. I'm approaching 3x my capital since February and my targets on the coins I hold should see it higher by the end of the run.

TA wise I've jumped right into that two feet and I love it. It suits my interests (stats/data/history/patterns) so that's good.

Am splitting my capital between HODL and a small amount for trading.

I've not shorted anything yet, no. I put a plan together before I started and one of my rules is never too trade against the prevailing trend. So in the bull market I'm only trading long.

I will be shorting once I think the top for BTC comes in though (which could be soon if it doesn't get it's finger out next 2 weeks or so!). Still undecided if that will be by using leveraged tokens or leverage itself.

I've stayed away from leverage so far. I don't think I need it. Having figured out the crypto cycles Ive moved to a 5-8 year outlook. This cycle just about identifying long term projects, building those bags to sell near the top (in BTC retrace) to stake for a year or so while shorting to near the bottom then buy back whatever then multiplied amount of those coins are, to keep adding capital through the bear.

My target is the next run, depending on how this one goes. Worst case the one after.

Really enjoying it though, as you can tell. [emoji1787]

10 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Yikes. Is the party over? Doge predictably dumping after Elon's SNL appearance. Good chance a few choice tweets will turn this around though.

image.png.ac558b5dc38e4ac47057f6d29ff7ec95.png

And that is during US sleeping hours.....I think there could be more pain to come

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Yikes. Is the party over? Doge predictably dumping after Elon's SNL appearance. Good chance a few choice tweets will turn this around though.

image.png.ac558b5dc38e4ac47057f6d29ff7ec95.png

That's beautiful. 

9 hours ago, iron mike python said:

And that is during US sleeping hours.....I think there could be more pain to come

I should know better than to talk about DOGE... this was the bottom, and now someone is going to pay Spacex in Doge to take a satellite into space....

11 minutes ago, iron mike python said:

I should know better than to talk about DOGE... this was the bottom, and now someone is going to pay Spacex in Doge to take a satellite into space....

Called it :lol:

Pretty much confirms we are living in a simulation. What a time to be alive.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Called it :lol:

Pretty much confirms we are living in a simulation. What a time to be alive.

When I first jumped into crypto the shitcoins that did alright were more like BTEC versions of Apprentice team names "Dragonchain" being a good example based off of something that sounds like it could be serious but exciting but now when I look on Crypto Twitter the nooby shitcoins are things like $pube and $Elon $safemoon it's just too hard to understand , i swear I saw some $cum token doing the rounds today

We really are in the Wild West stage of crypto. 

IMG_20210509_153946.jpg

Edited by Stormzy

Looking at getting a portfolio started sometime soon. Anyone have any recommendations on resources to use to get a good understanding of what exactly I'm getting into?

Cautious in doing anything given the bear run that the market seems to be on at the moment but it could end up being worse off for me waiting on dips.

Early early stages but initial thinking is that I'll have; Bitcoin, Ethereum, Polkadot, Cardano and Chainlink taking up about 80% of my funds with 20% sitting free.

Looking at getting a portfolio started sometime soon. Anyone have any recommendations on resources to use to get a good understanding of what exactly I'm getting into?
Cautious in doing anything given the bear run that the market seems to be on at the moment but it could end up being worse off for me waiting on dips.

Early early stages but initial thinking is that I'll have; Bitcoin, Ethereum, Polkadot, Cardano and Chainlink taking up about 80% of my funds with 20% sitting free.

So we're in a bull market just now, not a bear market. And we're a fair way into the bull market as well. The overall cycle *could* (depending on a free variables) have as little as a couple of months left in it.

That's not too say there's not still money to be made, there is, but just so you're research on historical cycles using trading view/cointrader pro charts.

In terms of your coin list:

Bitcoin: I sold out of mine at 62k about 3/4 weeks ago. There's a chance BTC is completing a rounding top if it can't break out of the range it's in to the upside to set a new ATH. I think it will, but I'm not a buyer at the minute.

Ethereum: likewise I recently sold my ETH. It's currently in price discovery after setting a new ATH. Not saying it won't go up further from here, but in terms of potential % return its almost certainly got less left in it this cycle than others and I made a decent return so I cycled that into others.

DOT: hasn't really don't anything yet, it's still waiting for its breakout.

ADA: I'm still holding, but it's also just set an ATH and is in price discovery. Not sure I'd be buying in at ATH there either. But I have target of $2-$3 for it, so it has some left there.

LINK: I sold mine recently. I think personally LINK is lagging as a project. I did OK on it, but not one I plan on getting back into after this run.

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

So we're in a bull market just now, not a bear market. And we're a fair way into the bull market as well. The overall cycle *could* (depending on a free variables) have as little as a couple of months left in it.

That's not too say there's not still money to be made, there is, but just so you're research on historical cycles using trading view/cointrader pro charts.

In terms of your coin list:

Bitcoin: I sold out of mine at 62k about 3/4 weeks ago. There's a chance BTC is completing a rounding top if it can't break out of the range it's in to the upside to set a new ATH. I think it will, but I'm not a buyer at the minute.

Ethereum: likewise I recently sold my ETH. It's currently in price discovery after setting a new ATH. Not saying it won't go up further from here, but in terms of potential % return its almost certainly got less left in it this cycle than others and I made a decent return so I cycled that into others.

DOT: hasn't really don't anything yet, it's still waiting for its breakout.

ADA: I'm still holding, but it's also just set an ATH and is in price discovery. Not sure I'd be buying in at ATH there either. But I have target of $2-$3 for it, so it has some left there.

LINK: I sold mine recently. I think personally LINK is lagging as a project. I did OK on it, but not one I plan on getting back into after this run.

Typo on the bull/bear thing haha.  Cheers for roughly summing up the coins I was looking at, probably right to be reluctant about starting a portfolio at the moment then?

Any youtube channels or anything that you recommend having a look at to help with getting my head around it?

Can I ask for a bit of advice please. I’m on binance. If I wanted to trade a little between ETH and BTC when and if each fluctuate, would I get pumped with charges. I.e not worth it unless I was doing a big trades ? Cheers.
Binance fees are only 0.1% (0.075% if paid in BNB).