Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Sorry lichtie.
But the fact you refer to 'championship' teams in your first sentence as opposed to 'English championship teams' says it all. Media has us all thinking this way and that feeds the problem

The fact that the SPFL called our second tier "The Championship" is even worse!

Gauld was bought buy sporting for peanuts in today's transfer market,  he is hardly a huge investment for them and was probably bought as punt in the hope  they could sell him on to England for big profit.

It's year 3 and he's gone backwards this thread should be closed as Gauld is further down the pecking order than Barry mckay and on that note enough said.

Did he get on at all, another week on the bench, he needs to move to somewhere he will get first team experience even if it is little bit lower standard than the portuguese top flight. Nothing beats development more than first team game time where you have to perform. Still ppl on here will be reeling out the same shite excuse week after week. Same goes with jack harper, he doesnt even get on the bench for brighton, move to a lower club and get some proper game time.

Are you going to do this every week?

He'll get a chance eventually, he just has to take it when it comes

21 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Gauld was bought buy sporting for peanuts in today's transfer market,  he is hardly a huge investment for them and was probably bought as punt in the hope  they could sell him on to England for big profit.

It's year 3 and he's gone backwards this thread should be closed as Gauld is further down the pecking order than Barry mckay and on that note enough said.

Hes also behind Kieran Tierney and Jack Hamilton in the pecking order. We should just give up on him now.

Exaggerating to make a point, I'm sure.

He will be in Scotland team eventually, but MAY have to accept he is not going to get a proper chance over there & come back home to enable him to do it.

Portugal have just won Euro 2016, so they may feel like giving their own young players more playing time & opportunities...

1 hour ago, haggisbeastie said:

Exaggerating to make a point, I'm sure.

He will be in Scotland team eventually, but MAY have to accept he is not going to get a proper chance over there & come back home to enable him to do it.

Portugal have just won Euro 2016, so they may feel like giving their own young players more playing time & opportunities...

Not exaggerating at all,  3 years no impact at all. 

You'll have evidence that he's gone backwards I'm sure?

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

You'll have evidence that he's gone backwards I'm sure?

Yeah  he got 1st team appearances at sporting when he 1st got there,  nowhere to been seen last 18months. So to me that's going backwards. I guess you have evidence to the contrary 

Edited by kenny131

Yeah  he got 1st team appearances at sporting when he 1st got there,  nowhere to been seen last 18months. So to me that's going backwards. I guess you have evidence to the contrary 

He played a couple of games initially & scored a couple of goals. Then Coach was fired and new Coach put him to back of the queue & seems to prefer physically stronger players...

He is trying to overcome adversity to get back into the picture & deserves our support in doing that.

Besides, he's not been there anything like three years - more like two and a bit...

I respectfully disagree with you in this instance..

36 minutes ago, haggisbeastie said:

He played a couple of games initially & scored a couple of goals. Then Coach was fired and new Coach put him to back of the queue & seems to prefer physically stronger players...

He is trying to overcome adversity to get back into the picture & deserves our support in doing that.

Besides, he's not been there anything like three years - more like two and a bit...

That makes sense lol

I am not using him as an example, u obviousely dont understand that i am not saying gauld should definately go to the english championship but he should go to a club that will play him wether thats spl or english championship. Same with harper, move to somewhere where you get first team experience. You have tried to be clever by trying to say that i think gauld should go to the english championship and pointing out harper moved there and didnt get a game. Thats not what my points about, players should be playing regular first team football even if its at a lower standard. It is done barry bannan a world of good.

So he's 1 month into the season, are you suggesting he chucks it now and goes looking for a different loan move. Or would you agree that it probably makes sense to buckle down and try and force his way into the manager's plans and reassess in January? If it's the latter, then a wee bit of shush until then pls.

40 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

How old is Gauld - 21, 22? He's still so young. Suggesting his career is over, at that age, because "I huvny heard of him daein onythin in 18 month" is absolutely ludicrous. Please go and throw yourself in the sea. Thank you.

While I'm not suggesting Gauld won't make it I do think Scots and English need to stop continually bracketing players in the "he's still young" pigeon hole, countries like Germany(comfortably better than both) always appear to have young guys with loads of caps,if they're good enough they're old enough IMHO.

Edited by ayrmad