Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

19 minutes ago, haggisbeastie said:

I think he was doing pretty much the same role in both games that he has been doing for Sporting.

In my opinion, against Macedonia I feel he played the simple ball most times and was in the periphery a lot.

Against NI, i thought he really went for it and tried to make things happen (second half, in particular).

Maybe fitness is a big factor, as he was playing regularly for Sporting B at the time of NI game...?

Ryan is one of those players who will play where he is asked. He is possibly too nice a guy to argue where he really feels comfortable.  I didn't see the NI game but the Macedonia game just annoyed me seeing him playing quite an ineffective role. The coaching staff should know the strengths of each player and realise when they are being under utilised.  It looked to me that too many players were just going through the motions that night which was maybe why Zbragia jacked it .  

I wouldn't read too much into the Macedonia game.  They were technically far sounder than Scotland and it seemed like almost every non-defender or goalkeeper was playing out of position at one point in the game or another.

• 2 weeks later...

It has to be said that he is being totally adult about his move to Portugal.  He has been patient , he has worked on his fitness and stamina, listened to all the advice about playing a different style of football , learned to adapt to life in a foreign country, learned the language but most of all he hasn't thrown the toys out of the pram and given up like many before him. 

His time will come .  Hopefully now he has caught the manager's eye and the hard work starts to pay off for him.  I think he deserves it. 

Even though he's a walloper sbragia was absolutely raving about him right before he got punted or resigned called him 'spefial' said he sees things differently from all the other players and there's no doubt his time will come.   Personally I'm not worried about his development at all.

In two years Scotland will have a handful or tremendous young players in gauld,  Burke,  Robertson and Tierney,  also possible guys like harry souttar and harper could be getting there by then Jordan mcghee too. 

9 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

In two years Scotland will have a handful or tremendous young players in gauld,  Burke,  Robertson and Tierney,  also possible guys like harry souttar and harper could be getting there by then Jordan mcghee too. 

Harper is due to be punted by Brighton in January on a permanent basis apparently because he wants game time and Brighton aren't willing to give him a chance.

Aye, premiership, sides always fight to sign bang averages Scottish teenagers. If e looked bang averages amongst adults at 17 tats outstanding anyway,  and he's only ever played about 8 games you must have been busy to see them all considering most weren't on TV and you're not a utd fan.

Seen him play at Gayfield for the under 20 team on numerous occasions. And he was bang average there. If he wasn't 6 foot a hunner I doubt he'd be away down there. Signed in the hope they can make a player out of his incredible physical attributes. Premiership clubs literally always sign hunners of teenagers every year in the hope they come good. In terms of ex United players GMS was once at Liverpool ffs.

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seen him play at Gayfield for the under 20 team on numerous occasions. And he was bang average there. If he wasn't 6 foot a hunner I doubt he'd be away down there. Signed in the hope they can make a player out of his incredible physical attributes. Premiership clubs literally always sign hunners of teenagers every year in the hope they come good. In terms of ex United players GMS was once at Liverpool ffs.

United signed Harry when he was 12 or 13 (before his growth spurt ) .    To still be there and knocking at the door of the first team ,  who have had 3 managers who all rate him ,  says it all really.  People say his brother was bang average too , yet he holds down a first team place at Hearts.  

Edited by theoriginalhedge

United signed Harry when he was 12 or 13 (before his growth spurt ) .    To still be there and knocking at the door of the first team ,  who have had 3 managers who all rate him ,  says it all really.  People say his brother was bang average too , yet he holds down a first team place at Hearts.  

This is In regards to being an international centre half by the way... Johns obviously a half decent Scottish Premiership player but in terms of the national team he's nowhere near it and look how bad we are in that position!!! And John has been huge for years in comparison to kids his age. To say he'll be starting for Stoke week in week out in 2 years is ridiculous. Wasn't even in Uniteds first team in the championship before he left.

Again,  being bang average in the u 21st does not get you promoted to the first team.  Teams tend to promote the good ones and get rid of the bang average ones.   Prhaps you simply don't know what you're talking about and wouldn't know a good player if you saw one.

Teams  do not literally sign hundreds of young players, they sign handfuls of the best ones.   Gms was released by Liverpool at the age so utter is interesting clubs like that.  Just typical Scottish cringe he must be shite attitude,  all the evidence and his progression so far points to him being anything but average and going very far in the game.

But he isn't is he, moved on, worked hard, improved his defending a lot and keeping the hearts captain out of the team while still a teenager.  That's a terrific prospect progressing very well, he only turned 20 3 weeks ago in a year or two he'll be in the senior squad.  Think he'll end up at cultic personally.