Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Slightly incorrect or will I prove you wrong on some of the players I have mentioned ?

Put him on at list at 19 then b team. N then we can see when he breaks into the team? Like I've done for players I have mentioned

See, you say that you don't want to see him fail then display confidence in the assertion that he won't break into the first team.  And all you're basing that on is that some of the best players Sporting have ever produced were in the first team before Gauld.

I have two questions:

Why do you want him to fail?

If you are adamant that you don't want him to fail, why are you trying to argue so strongly that he's shite when all of us have seen very little of him play, apart from when he was very good at Dundee United?

Where have i argued he is shite?

Was a simple question , when do people think gauld will break into the sporting team?

A tricky question it seems. I've seen zero of him playing for sporting b. So I don't comment to much is why I ask the question

I also believe this thread was started in 2013 and I believe it was a few Dundee United fans said he would break into the team at 21.

Of course it's a tricky question.  How can you expect anyone other than the Sporting manager to know that?

People have pointed out that Sporting will play him when he's ready and you keep coming back and saying "aye but when's that gonnae be?".  We don't know, it might be never, but until the time comes that Gauld either a) breaks into the first team or b) gets moved on from Sporting, all of this discussion is largely a waste of time (which I'm actually okay with as work is a fucking chore today).

The answer is b. The discussion is a waste of time. Nailed it. Nae c**t has a clue. So let's just rubber him until he progresses from a b team to wherever ?

What are your reasons for you being absolutely certain that Gauld isn't good enough for Sporting and will be moved on?  

I haven't said he would be moved on? Show me where I've said this. I've said he is now 21 and Dundee United fans (mainly) have said he would break into the team. So I asked do we think he will get put into the team? You then told us sporting puts players who are good enough at this age into the team. So should be exciting times

He turned 20 4 months ago. He will make the breakthrough there at 21.

Out of 8, 5 of them made it through straight away to which I stated. Have a look again and when you get a minute show me my mistakes .

Valente 20 and Moutinho 18 as far as I can see. And you're only backing up my point with they rest, they certainly didn't all make the full breakthrough at those ages. And if you have a look you'll see plenty of decent players at Sporting who broke through at 20/21.

I think Billy Preston wrote a song about this shit...

I haven't said he would be moved on? Show me where I've said this.

We don't know, it might be never, but until the time comes that Gauld either a) breaks into the first team or b) gets moved on from Sporting

The answer is b. 

Decided to look at the first season that players currently involved with the Portuguese National Team made their "breakthrough" season (10 league games) with Sporting...

Jose Fonte, Beto, Silvestre Varela, and Rui Fonte never managed to play ten games for Sporting before being papped out.
Cristiano Ronaldo was 17
Ricardo Querasma and Joao Moutinho were 18

Rui Patricio, Nani and Adrien Silva were 19
Daniel Carrico and Miguel Veloso were 20
Cedric Soares, William Carvalho, Joao Mario and Danny were 21 (Danny played 9 games before January then was sold off to Dynamo Moscow)

So taking away Ronaldo, Querasma and Moutinho, who were all exceptional talents, he's on course. If he played ten games next season he'll be starting the season at 20 years old same as, or younger than, six current Portuguese internationals. Everyone needs to calm the f**k down.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Brilliant. Good to hear. Do you think he will break into the Scotland squad?

No. Because Gordon Strachan's an idiot. Refuses to call up Rhodes or Douglas and won't call up Gauld unless he plays in the Champions League.

Rab would genuinely be a better shout in goal than Barry Douglas at LB.

Probably at LB too.

Horrific shout. We've plenty LB's coming through/already floating about that I'd have ahead of Douglas.

Barry Douglas who is playing for Konyaspor in Turkey (3rd in the Super-Lig) after playing for Lech Poznan who won the Polish Ekltralasa (or whatever it's called). He's better shout than Tierney who's played less than 35 first team games. Definitely deserves a call-up for the Scotland squad.
At LB:
Robertson > Douglas > Shinnie > Tierney 

Edited by Marr1