Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Great to see Gauldy get the winner; and great to see him sticking with Portugal.
On a side note though. The two teams that played Aves and Belenenses; what standard would they actually be. Would it be the same as scoring for Motherwell against Ross County; or much better standard?

ehmmm...better

7 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Simply look at the teams that knock out our clubs every year in the pre lim europa ties. Teams from Luxembourg Latvia Estonia etc:  any team from Portugal would absolutely rinse our SPFL sides celtic apart. 

agreed, we now have some of the worst top flight footballing sides in europe

7 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Hard to say, really. In terms of support, Aves only get around 2000, which is lower than everyone in the Scottish Prem, but Portuguese attendances outside Benfica, Porto, Sporting, Guimaraes and Braga are generally awful and I'm not sure attendance is as much of a measurement of club size in Portugal as we like to make it over here. The league is undoubtedly a higher standard than ours, so despite similar/slightly lower attendances I'd say it's better than scoring in a Motherwell v Ross County game.

hearts and Aberdeen played to 25,000 Saturday

both will be put out in the UEFA preliminary rounds next year to sides playing in 5000 capacity stadia

our footballing style is archaic as is our approach to fitness

are fc trakai better than st johnstone

Worth remembering we had thirty shots at goal in the two games against them, and went out due to them scoring an absolute screamer and then catching us out on the corner as we chased a goal due to the aforementioned screamer. We beat ourselves.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth remembering we had thirty shots at goal in the two games against them, and went out due to them scoring an absolute screamer and then catching us out on the corner as we chased a goal due to the aforementioned screamer. We beat ourselves.

You've been put out by absolute pish ever time your in Europe. You had 180mins to beat them just like rangers had 180mins to beat the farmers from Luxembourg. Fact is the standard is abysmal in spl and is continuing to get worse in my opinion, nobody is doing anything about it. 

Edited by kenny131

This is exactly what is wrong with Scottish football, we're always just unlucky.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

afterwards your manager admitted you had the least technical ability of any team in the tournament

This is exactly what is wrong with Scottish football, we're always just unlucky.

Same with our rugby team. I use a rootcause analysis tool at work called the 5 whys. Basically you look at a problem and ask the question 'why c5 times', By doing this you get to the root cause of the issue. I've done this for our fitba team, our rugby team; and the jags. Without fail the answer is. 'We've nae luck'. Its spooky really

hearts and Aberdeen played to 25,000 Saturday

both will be put out in the UEFA preliminary rounds next year to sides playing in 5000 capacity stadia

our footballing style is archaic as is our approach to fitness

This ^^^. Its as if being fit and following sensible nutrition is some sort of cheating. The fact that dinosaurs like Kris Boyd are given a media platform here and anyone trying to drag Scottish football out of the 1950s is ridiculed publicly certainly doesn't help

This ^^^. Its as if being fit and following sensible nutrition is some sort of cheating. The fact that dinosaurs like Kris Boyd are given a media platform here and anyone trying to drag Scottish football out of the 1950s is ridiculed publicly certainly doesn't help

Completely agree about the nutrition. It seems to be acceptably cool when players go on benders and captains like Brown throw his load on princess street after a 2am kebab. Like or loath him, Ronaldo kens the score

Same with our rugby team. I use a rootcause analysis tool at work called the 5 whys. Basically you look at a problem and ask the question 'why c5 times', By doing this you get to the root cause of the issue. I've done this for our fitba team, our rugby team; and the jags. Without fail the answer is. 'We've nae luck'. Its spooky really

9bb08b34aa205d3e0cc69ac0efbba295.jpg

We weren't unlucky, we couldn't finish while they were clinical. We werent totally outplayed and in the second leg we actual looked the better side until we had to get reckless in a chase for a goal.

You've been put out by absolute pish ever time your in Europe. You had 180mins to beat them just like rangers had 180mins to beat the farmers from Luxembourg. Fact is the standard is abysmal in spl and is continuing to get worse in my opinion, nobody is doing anything about it. 

"absolute pish" who knocked out the Swedish League Winners in the next round..

Take it you just ignore that as it wouldn't fit your narrative?

16 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Dunno tbh. I'm just trying to understand the level at which Gauld is scoring winners at. I would imagine it's certainly more techical; but would Aves finish top 6 in Scottish premier league. I honestly don't know

Does it really matter? It's clear he's playing a good level of football, has now had a start and grabbed himself a goal. This is good news, must we always look to dampen good news with "aye but..." anecdotes?

On 9/12/2017 at 11:19, kenny131 said:

Simply look at the teams that knock out our clubs every year in the pre lim europa ties. Teams from Luxembourg Latvia Estonia etc:  any team from Portugal would absolutely rinse our SPFL sides celtic apart. 

Yes, I imagine Portuguese sides would have little trouble with the likes of Cowdenbeath, Stenhousemuir, Ayr, Dumbarton, Montrose, Queens Park etc.

17 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

St Johnstone knocked out the Swedish league winners must have missed that

What? That's clearly not what he said