Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

I hope he gets a decent team he had some bottle to move to Portugal and at least try rather go to the old firm or a championship team. I think it's sad that people seem to want him to fail. He is only 22 ffs

Still 21 till December

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-gauld-charged-portuguese-fa-10260505

Just done a quick search to see if anything new was happening with Gauld and came across this article from April. Gauld (and Geraldes) returned to Sporting's B team and they won 6 games in a row, which kept them in the Segunda league. The teams relegated from there are now arguing that Gauld and Geraldes were not allowed to play and as such the FA are pulling him, Geraldes and Sporting up to explain. Seems absolutely bizarre that players are "charged" with something like that when it's the club calling the shots. 

If he is being allowed to leave I hope he gets something sorted that will allow him to play games, preferably under someone who isn't a complete fanny.

16 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

They're apparently after Andrew Robertson :lol: Don't know anything about Sporting's team but would hope he'd only move if he knows he'll be a first team player rather than getting the Ryan Guald treatment.

If it's a choice between a Champions' League bound Liverpool and Sporting Lisbon, there's only one place he should be going.

31 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

They're apparently after Andrew Robertson :lol: Don't know anything about Sporting's team but would hope he'd only move if he knows he'll be a first team player rather than getting the Ryan Guald treatment.

Far too good a player is robertson to worry about getting thrown into a b team.

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Surely it's better for him to be actually playing in the Champions League at Sporting rather than being on the bench and playing the odd League Cup game at Liverpool? Obviously if he was going to be a regular at both its different. 

That's assuming he would be a backup at Liverpool, which I wasn't.

On 2017-5-27 at 11:40, Miguel Sanchez said:

There may yet be hope, Jorge Jesus is potentially off to PSG.

Article up on the BBC about Gauld just now, he says he will report back for pre-season on the 21st June and see what the club think is best for him. I imagine he'll be hoping that Jesus does move on and whoever comes in likes him more than he did.

He has said that no matter what happens he wants to stay abroad. If he can play regular first team football this season then I've got high hopes for him, seems to have his head screwed on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...