Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

On 19/02/2017 at 19:00, John Lambies Doos said:

Where is this guy?

The kid looks like he won't make it in Portugal,  maybe time to try his luck somewhere else before he falls of the map completely. If he's offered a new contract he would be mad to accept it,  personally I think he will end up at celtic.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm intrigued. Why does it look like he won't make it in Portugal?

Year 3 not getting a game for his club, I would be delighted if he does make it but at this moment not looking good. Intrigued why you think it's going well

Just now, kenny131 said:

Year 3 not getting a game for his club, I would be delighted if he does make it but at this moment not looking good. Intrigued why you think it's going well

As I've said on the other thread, he was sent on loan to Setubal (who are sitting in the top half of the table) and worked his way into the team only to be recalled when the Sporting President had a complete meltdown when Setubal put Sporting out of the cup. After he was recalled he apparently had options to go out on loan again but knocked them back. As someone has said above, Sporting have injuries in the first and there's now talk of him getting his chance.

Clear signs of him preparing to "fall of the map completely", IMO.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

As I've said on the other thread, he was sent on loan to Setubal (who are sitting in the top half of the table) and worked his way into the team only to be recalled when the Sporting President had a complete meltdown when Setubal put Sporting out of the cup. After he was recalled he apparently had options to go out on loan again but knocked them back. As someone has said above, Sporting have injuries in the first and there's now talk of him getting his chance.

Clear signs of him preparing to "fall of the map completely", IMO.

Yeah it's all the sporting presidents fault.....lol jog on roaster

16 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Yeah it's all the sporting presidents fault.....lol jog on roaster

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-gauld-recalled-sporting-lisbon-9569720

Try and do even the slightest bit of research before you enter these debates.

:lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing how wee Ken deflects this one.  Probably posting something completely unrelated then adding a cutting insult to the end of it.  Vintage Ken.

For a bit of context/perspective: most BTL comments on recent articles about Gauld in A Bola have expressed anger at the spoiling of his talent by the Sporting hierarchy. Seems pretty clear he has impressed, particularly at Vitoria Setubal, and the fans like him.

Hopefully he keeps working hard and either breaks into the team or gets a decent move at the end of the season. By decent I mean not returning to Scotland or going to the English Championship.

• 1 month later...