Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

I stand corrected,  never knew he had played so many games for sporting maybe being over critical of him.

Most were for Sporting B in the second tier but at least he's not been playing reserve football.
Seems like things had been going to plan, a year or so to acclimatise to the different country, style of football and new position before getting loaned out to prove himself in the premier. Another loan to a similar level team reduces the damage from this madness and hopefully keeps him on track.

2 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Setubal chairman not gonna sign the release from his loan, shame to see development stalled by club politics

If I was him I'd tell Sporting to sort it out or expect a transfer request. He'd have no bother getting another club.

If I was him I'd tell Sporting to sort it out or expect a transfer request. He'd have no bother getting another club.

Have you not paid attention to sporting or something? They'd willingly let him rot our of pure spite.

• 2 weeks later...
Word on twitter seems to be that the two clubs had agreed a loan but Gauld rejected 

Sounds strange. Perhaps he has been given some indication that he'll get games at sporting?

ETA: just googled and saw it was in the sun, and they have a spelling mistake in the sub-headline. Will wait for confirmation from an unshitey source.

• 2 weeks later...