Fallout 4

Goran

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's just standing there in a clearing and takes a min or two to realise it ain't something just about to kill you.

There's a very cleverly designed bit of scenery to the north of the map, near a point where there's a Deathclaw nest - when you climb a hill from the west side, there's a point where the tree branches and bracken join together to look like there's a massive figure standing on the top of the hill above you. It was misty when I first went over that way, and I almost shat myself when I saw this looming over me :shutup

Didn't help that I discovered a roaming Behemoth when I next found myself over that way :o

There's a very cleverly designed bit of scenery to the north of the map, near a point where there's a Deathclaw nest - when you climb a hill from the west side, there's a point where the tree branches and bracken join together to look like there's a massive figure standing on the top of the hill above you. It was misty when I first went over that way, and I almost shat myself when I saw this looming over me :shutup

Didn't help that I discovered a roaming Behemoth when I next found myself over that way :o

Deathclaw nest.. no ta. Just beat two of the fuckers in short succession. Almost out of. 45 ammo

I haven't had any real trouble with bugs so far, but Salem is a mess!

Wandered around the whole town without anything happening, although I was a bit surprised that none of the turrets were tracking me. The last house I inspected had a locked gate out the front, so I jumped over the fence at the back and found a dude called Barney (whose name I recognised as being the turret admin). He just stared at me and wouldn't say a word, so I left. As I'm leaving the house, he starts yelling at me, and a mirelurk appears from out of nowhere. Once it's dead, I notice a message telling me that I have two more to kill, so I take a look around town and find nothing. There are a couple of spots where I can hear scampering mirelurk noises though, so I noclip and find a mirelurk that spawned under the road, and another inside one of the inaccessible buildings. Now that they're all dead, Barney's suddenly a lot more talkative.

I'm guessing this would have been a bit of a pisser on one of the consoles.

One of the main criticisms I Have for this game is that it's far too easy (even on very hard), I practically have unlimited ammo. Apart from the start of the game I've never ran out. I can 5 shot deathclaws.. Im currently sitting at level 73. I might just finish the main story and restart. That's where the most fun is at in this game. Rocking a pipe pistol with 10 bullets.

One of the main criticisms I Have for this game is that it's far too easy (even on very hard), I practically have unlimited ammo. Apart from the start of the game I've never ran out. I can 5 shot deathclaws.. Im currently sitting at level 73. I might just finish the main story and restart. That's where the most fun is at in this game. Rocking a pipe pistol with 10 bullets.

It always goes that way, your health increases with each level which I don't think should happen and when you get the best gear you are almost invincible. To try and spin it out a bit longer you would need to handicap youself only use basic armour and weapons.

It always goes that way, your health increases with each level which I don't think should happen and when you get the best gear you are almost invincible. To try and spin it out a bit longer you would need to handicap youself only use basic armour and weapons.

It didn't happen to me in FO3. The perk system in this game is bad. I hope they bring back the old system. I effectively have a 640 damage weapon because of the rifleman perk that doubles damage.

Anyone have any ideas for what would make some good DLC? I'm guessing we'll see another alien adventure, considering that there's another spaceship crash in this game (took me a while to realise there was a survivor). Mothership Zeta in Fallout 3 was quite good fun, so I'd be quite happy with more Fifties sci-fi themed action. Maybe something set on Earth this time, rather than in space. I still haven't finished New Vegas yet - was there any alien involvement in that one?

Am I missing it, or is there no 'Wild Wasteland' perk this time around? It seems like they just decided to include a little wacky stuff by default, but not as much as normal.

Survival Mode difficulty seems about right to me, although it's noticeably easier than Hardcore in New Vegas. I'd be amazed if someone hasn't yet come out with a difficulty mod to make the bigger enemies things to avoid, rather than to actually try and kill. Looking forward to a radio mod too, as the GNR Enhanced mod made Galaxy News Radio worth listening to again. Absolutely essential for anyone playing through Fallout 3 again.

Anyone have any ideas for what would make some good DLC? I'm guessing we'll see another alien adventure, considering that there's another spaceship crash in this game (took me a while to realise there was a survivor). Mothership Zeta in Fallout 3 was quite good fun, so I'd be quite happy with more Fifties sci-fi themed action. Maybe something set on Earth this time, rather than in space. I still haven't finished New Vegas yet - was there any alien involvement in that one?

Am I missing it, or is there no 'Wild Wasteland' perk this time around? It seems like they just decided to include a little wacky stuff by default, but not as much as normal.

Survival Mode difficulty seems about right to me, although it's noticeably easier than Hardcore in New Vegas. I'd be amazed if someone hasn't yet come out with a difficulty mod to make the bigger enemies things to avoid, rather than to actually try and kill. Looking forward to a radio mod too, as the GNR Enhanced mod made Galaxy News Radio worth listening to again. Absolutely essential for anyone playing through Fallout 3 again.

Radio mod

ETA

the only difficulty mod Ive come across is this one. No doubt there will be more once the dev kit is released

Edited by Mr X

People cracked open the game data files (seriously, does no-one have anything else better to do with their time these days?) and found assets that represented an underwater harpoon gun. Could be that it was a possible weapon that got canned, or it could be that they planned on having underwater combat, possibly for some DLC. There's certainly enough water on the map to make it work, so think it's a safe bet.

On the difficulty, Im lv 25 and still get my arse handed to me every now and again. Seem to be coming up against more named enemies and lots more legendary ones. Enemies with missile launchers suck <_<

Having said that, Ive just completed 3 missions in Super Mutant infested areas without too much problem.

People cracked open the game data files (seriously, does no-one have anything else better to do with their time these days?) and found assets that represented an underwater harpoon gun. Could be that it was a possible weapon that got canned, or it could be that they planned on having underwater combat, possibly for some DLC. There's certainly enough water on the map to make it work, so think it's a safe bet.

I think so. Between the harpoon gun and the water boy perk I think it's clear they planned it before shelving it.

I'm now level 50 and decided to batter on with the main quest as I'm finding the enemies a bit easy now. With level 4 gun nut mods and the rifleman perk maxed out, a lot of enemies are being taken down with the shotgun in one shot.

I've decided to side with the Railroad, though I don't think the other factions have realised yet as BOS and Institute quests are still available