Fallout 4

Goran

Much prefer using the power armor for that tbh, no protection in the hazmat suit.

You think? I had a good hour or so stoating around the glowing sea at the weekend with only a hazmat suit for protection. <1 rads all the way.

Hazmat suit in power armour :thumbsup:

Doesn't do anything. You just get the bonuses from the power armour, what you wear under it doesn't help.

Edited by GiGi

I'm currently on Level 17. I've just been exploring for ages but decided to head to Diamond City and do a bit of the main mission. I just completed The Glowing Sea mission there, I went back home to get my PA and a wee guy was walking about in it doing crops haha so I ended up just doing The Glowing Sea using loads of Rad-X's and Radaway's, have tones of them anyway. I completed that mission and when I went back my PA was back where I left it with no damage to it :blink:

I'm about to do some missions for the Super Mutant guy from The Glowing Sea and I got a radio signal from the BOS to go and see them again. Should I continue with the main mission at this point even tho I'm only at level 17 or should I try and pick up a few more side missions to level up more?

Edited by M0rtonfc

Also in the glowing sea mission I just sprinted the whole way, during this sprint I must have had 3 Radscorpions and a Deathclaw right behind me, SHAT MA SKANTS!!!

I did however at the very start clocked a Deathclaw and a Radscorpion fighting in the distance, got the sniper out and zoomed in, the Deathclaw destroyed it, great watch!

I'm currently on Level 17. I've just been exploring for ages but decided to head to Diamond City and do a bit of the main mission. I just completed The Glowing Sea mission there, I went back home to get my PA and a wee guy was walking about in it doing crops haha so I ended up just doing The Glowing Sea using loads of Rad-X's and Radaway's, have tones of them anyway. I completed that mission and when I went back my PA was back where I left it with no damage to it :blink:

I'm about to do some missions for the Super Mutant guy from The Glowing Sea and I got a radio signal from the BOS to go and see them again. Should I continue with the main mission at this point even tho I'm only at level 17 or should I try and pick up a few more side missions to level up more?

It was discusssed a few pages back, NPCs will use the PA if you leave the fusion core in it. You're lucky you got it back

Anyone been to the Dunwich Borers location yet?

Starts out as just a big quarry, filled with Raiders, including some pretty powerful ones. Eventually finished those off, and looked as though there was nothing else there until I found a narrow corridor down into the rock. Another few groups of raiders, along with some terminals telling the story of the people down there.

Then you get to a chained door, and before it a terminal with a final log entry "they can't get me in the light" repeated over and over again. Through the door is an absolute nest of ghouls, with a few weird flashbacks of pre-war rituals. Unless I've missed it, it's not part of any quest, brilliant set piece though.

Anyone been to the Dunwich Borers location yet?

Starts out as just a big quarry, filled with Raiders, including some pretty powerful ones. Eventually finished those off, and looked as though there was nothing else there until I found a narrow corridor down into the rock. Another few groups of raiders, along with some terminals telling the story of the people down there.

Then you get to a chained door, and before it a terminal with a final log entry "they can't get me in the light" repeated over and over again. Through the door is an absolute nest of ghouls, with a few weird flashbacks of pre-war rituals. Unless I've missed it, it's not part of any quest, brilliant set piece though.

Yup, decent weapon at the end if your character has a melee build.

One of the hidden gems on the map for me

Had a pished breeks moment recently that made me wish I could be arsed setting up some video capture software while I'm playing.

There's a quest that you can end up doing in Diamond City, where a certain character (let's call him MattyDFC) will ask you to help them murder a group of drug dealers at a meet down by the river. When you get close to the meeting point, he tells you to get wired in with the killing, and he'll back you up. There's a group of about half a dozen guys all standing around pretty close to each other, and I can't be bothered with a protracted firefight, so I whip out the Fat Man and fire a nuke right into the middle - BOOM, everybody dead instantly.

One of them somehow survives this (because they have to in order to continue the quest), so I run up and start talking to them. What I didn't realise is that there was an articulated lorry nearby, which has started smouldering in the traditional fashion. Eventually it explodes, but I seem to be protected due to being in dialogue. Matty (who I'd forgotten about) isn't, however, and goes flying across the screen behind us like Superman :lol:

On another note I've been exclusively using the Railway Rifle of late. It's an absolute belter.

I just hit 200 hours (many of them paused, admittedly) game time and only just found a Railway Rifle, despite buying all the ammo for it I could find right from the start :angry:

There seems to be a big difficulty spike once you hit Level 50. Probably not a bad thing, as I was starting to kill Deathclaws with bullets before they could get near me. Still haven't seen any invisible ones yet, but then I wouldn't, would I? :P

I just hit 200 hours (many of them paused, admittedly) game time and only just found a Railway Rifle, despite buying all the ammo for it I could find right from the start :angry:

There seems to be a big difficulty spike once you hit Level 50. Probably not a bad thing, as I was starting to kill Deathclaws with bullets before they could get near me. Still haven't seen any invisible ones yet, but then I wouldn't, would I? :P

I'm not convinced these invisible Deathclaws exist.

I'm not convinced these invisible Deathclaws exist.

There are a bunch of floating Yao Guai corpses at a Deathclaw nest near the Coastal Cottage - when I say 'floating', I mean twenty feet up in the air. I'm assuming that there are a bunch of invisible Deathclaw pranksters holding them up.

I've told everyone at the settlement to keep acting surprised, so they don't get bored and decide to invade instead.